Need Help for"City of Gods" a Fan/Adv/fur story(Please Read)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Silviangrey

Need Help for"City of Gods" a Fan/Adv/fur story(Please Read)

#1 Post by Silviangrey »

Hello, my name is Silvian Grey.

I have a entire story planned out, I am freshly learning pythin, I am also a artist, and my boyfriend is also a artist who also writes music. However I would like to find those interested in helping me on the project anyways they like. I am mostly a artist who draws however I can use photoshop to edit/color, however my quality of art I fear is outdone by most people so if you are a artist who interested in helping and feel you can do better then what I have made (which isnt much so far for the story) by all means welcome to the project. haha. Same thing goes for music, and also for python scripting.

There is no erotic scenes planned for it, this is not a dating sim, this is a genuine story of mine, however there will be romance. The story is well thought out, I have turned it into a RP, i have started writing it in word doc, I have started a rpg maker version of it, but I decided The best way to tell the story is a Visual novel. I really want to make this happen, and I will do it all by my self if I have too however if I can find help that will be great. I plan to have this cross platform and maybe even multilingual. My boyfriend is fluent in Japanese and has offered to translate it from English to japanese when it is finished.

Now a little about the story is that it is Fantasy and takes place in multiple eras. It will start out about 2000 BC or so, and as story progress there will be jumps to a newer era, and eventually the story concludes in present day. I have about four parts of the story planned out however I am thinking on expanding it some more. Each part would be a book if I was to write it into one.

A little about the daemarian race:
I say furry in the title however they are animal people called Daemarians. The daemarian race is made up of various species, such as wolf, tiger, leopard, badger, jackal, fox, ect. There daemarians can not hybrid with other species daemarian for example a wolf daemarian can not breed with a tiger daemarian. It simply is impossble however for what ever reason, They are able to breed with humans, the result is what is called a demi-human. Demi-humans are mostly human however they usually carry very suddle traits such as ears and a tail. They are also sterile so demi-humans can not breed with anything. Daemarians have a very long lifespan, every 10 years is only 1 year to a daemarians life. Also each daemarians is blessed with a elemental power (1 of 10). There power comes from what they call a spirit brother. When a daemarian is born there soul also births a spirit which grants them a elemental power. Although a Daemarian usual cant use there power until they reach typically there teen years, the spirit them selves often lay dormant until the day a Daemarian is ready to call upon that spirit. They can learn to eventually call upon and summon that spirit which then takes a physical form they call Golems. These Golems can take many shapes, from being a dragon, to a small cat. Any pain the golem/spirit feels the Daemarian feels it as well because they are linked. If a golem/spirit was to ever die, that Daemarian loses there power forever because the source of there elemental power is from that spirit/golem. Another thing about them is that they can appear human. The appearance is purely a illusion and how they look they have no control over. The hair is always white in there human form. Because of these powers, daemarians have been known to pose as gods to humans.

The story begins with the character Silvian (Name may change, I know that's my name haha, i used the name in RP form of this story.) He becomes what is called a guardian by his people, his job is to basicly protect there homeland from outsiders. (theres more to it but ill try to keep it all simple for now). A incident occurs that caused there homeland to vanish leaving nothing but a crater. Silvian and other characters plus other guardians have to figure out what happened to there land and also try to figure out what it now means to be a guardian of the land there supposed to protect is now gone. They meet a human girl named Kaylay castafire who has something called the Castafire key and is able to see past the human illusion and see a daemarian as they truly are no matter what. She is not a ordinary human. There is a evil king who is after the castafire key for a plot we don't know. (well i know haha). There is another character named Zean who is a Daemarian Elder who also has a agenda of his own. it is later discovered that there is a link to everything a daemarians knows, customs, legends, and most importantly there there true origins linked to the castafire key and kaylay her self. There is a terrible truth about the daemarians existence and it is up to Silvian and allies to uncover these truths.

I know I really did not give to much detail about the overall plot, as I said there is alot to this story and I will gladly make a more detailed summary about it to those who are interested in taking part on the project.

If you are at all interested please let me know right away. You can comment here, send me a PM, or send me a Email at mnwolfboy@gmail.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need:
Character Art:
Each Daemarian character needs there animal humanoid form and human illusion form. Each need various expressions such as happy/smile, angry, frown, surprised, Casual, Cry, thinking, battle, maybe even a love like face. Expressions and poses needed for both forms. I am thinking having a base model for both human and animal-humanoid form. Going to need different clothes/armor, weapons, ect to go over the base models. There are at at least 15+ major role characters, and a ton of small role characters including Daemarians both forms, humans, golems, creatures, gods, ect.

Background Art:
Will include scenes such as Cave, city, town, fire, forests, ect.

Music:
Epic music from battle to calm for calmer scenes. Scary for some of the more darker scenes.

Features:
I have not decided if this should have a more RPG element or not. I was thinking of having some puzzles included over time. It will have one ending however I want there be a few different point of views with decisions along the way that effects the journey through the story. I was also thinking having many places to go like a world map of some sort and choices to go to various locations even if not to further the story but to give insight on more lore and puzzles and mini games perhaps. Maybe unlock more side story or alternate paths for the journey to the conclusion. This can be planned to change its undecided.

The story size is large. And planned for four parts possibly five. I was thinking of having all but the first part locked so you have to go through part one in order to unlock part 2. Maybe thinking of having side stories in a similar way they get unlocked if you do a certain path in the story or something. Each part is linked with each other fallowing the previous.

Note: I just want to make note that I am very serous about this project, I can not pay money to anyone to make music or to draw art or code so if your coming her expecting it to be a source of income I am sorry I can not pay you for your services. Instead I want this to be looked at as a long term project that we become a Real Team and as time goes by, if we can make something that is that is Fun and Awesome out of this, we could eventually make more games or visual novels like this and become a real team. We can decide on what direction we want to take this. If we made this VN and managed decided to sell it or decide to go free with this on Android OS market or pc or however we decide to go with this project, I will be giving everyone there share of any money made and share of credit. We can make contracts and what ever we have to do to make sure we all feel comfortable, however I want this to be a team of trust as well. We can later discuss further as this is pretty much discussion phase of the project. I also wanted to point out that any story elements are changeable, I want this team I am trying to put together to have equal part in the discussing decisions, changes, directions, ect.
Last edited by Silviangrey on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Silviangrey

Re: Need Help for"City of Gods" a Fan/Adv/fur story(Please R

#2 Post by Silviangrey »

About the characters:
There are more unlisted characters however most of them are not as important as these ones.

Silvian:He is One of the point of view rolls. He is a Leopard Daemarian who has power over the water element. His parents are Matias and Brea. Both his parents are dead, his father died in the great daemarian war, and his mother died from the daemarian plague. He was then raised as a child by the High Elder of Daemaria (home city). Growing up he trained to become a potential candidate to becoming a guardian where if chosen would involve him leaving the city forbidden to come back but be considered honored, who job would then to be preventing all outsiders from ever finding daemarian for that is the job of being a guardian. In the start of the story he is chosen to be the new water guardian however a incident occurs where the city/all for daemaira vanishes leaving only a crater and so he struggles trying to decide what to do and often seeks spiritual advice and guidance from his father by prayer. His golems name is Coragem and often takes the form of a giant blue bird.

Rune: He is one of the point of view choices. He is a white tiger daemarian who has power over lightning. He grew up alone accept he had his friend who was a golem named Glade. Rune would be considered the first and youngest daemarian to ever have a golem from such a young age. Raised on the streets he later learned to use his power to pose as a god and he would then be taken care of by the people. However morally wrong this is, he always in return protected people. Later he learned to be more reliant on him self and stopped posing as a false god to people. However his name has become a bad rep among daemarian society. He is a bi-character who also likes to flirt with men or woman. Despite all these traits, he has a good heart and likes to try to think of the bright side of everything. He eventualy meets Silvian who at first despises him but later they become great friends/allies. He gets strong feelings for Silvian however Sil is depicted as a straight character and does not share the same feelings back. These are feelings rune struggles to keep to him self about. His Golem is Glade who takes the form of a small white cat but when he has to fight he take the form of a Giant Saber toothed tiger.

(no Name yet) He is a Raccoon Daemarian with power over Earth. He grew up in Daemaria as a merchant taking after his family. However his parents had died both from having daemarian plague. After the incident where daemaria vanished, he teams up with Silvian and the others trying to uncover what happened. He also becomes good friends with Rune and is a gay character in the story. He too ends up with feelings for Silvian however he knows how Rune feels and keeps it all to him self in a similar manor. However despite his past of being a merchant he has a few dark secrets of his own and may secretly have insight on Zeans agenda. He may actually be working for Zean. His Golem is Idzuna and takes the form of a tubefox.

Aturok: He is a point of view choice. He is a Black Jackal who has power over ice element. Despite he secretly trained hard to be a sword fighter as a passion giving up his long dream to being a guardian so he can stay and protect his wife, he is a simple farmer of Daemaria. After the incident where the city is engulfed and him and only a handful of daemarians managed to escape before they vanished too, he loses his life and belives she is gone with the rest of Daemaria. He travels with Silvian and other companions to hopefuly uncover the mystery of why Daemaria vanished and with any hope to see his wife again. Later he learns he has strong feelings for Shara and realizes he may be in love with her. But then the triangle begins and he learns he also has similar feelings for Kaylay her self. He cant decide between them and knows it is Tabu to be in love with a human however he has equal feelings for Shara but feels that Shara only sees him as a friend. His golem is Polara. She takes the form of a female jackal daemarian with ice armor.

Shara: She is a white wolf daemarian who has power over light, and is guardian of light and has been a guardian for many years. But after the city/daemaria vanishes leaving nothing but a crater, she struggles trying to learn what it means to be a guardian if that in which they are supposed to protect is gone. She is usually the peaceful but she isn't afraid to use a little force to keep peace around her. She is good friends with Kon and Dameon and often tries to keep the two in line and out of trouble. She knows Aturok has feelings for her, however there she secretly loves Dameon and only wishes he would see it. She feels the most hurt when Dameon betrays them. Her golems name is Mira and takes the form of a massive Lion with wings and sometimes the form of a small glowing moth.

Kon: He is a badger daemarian who has power over rock. He is also the guardian of rock and like Shara has been for many years. Just like most the guardians he struggles to find what is right and what it means to be a guardian and holds dearly to the daemarian laws, customs, and ways. Because of this, he finds change difficult to handle. His Golems name is Goliath and he takes the form of a big turtle like lizard with spikes.

Dameon: He is a tiger daemarian of fire. He is also a Guardian of fire and has been one for many years just like Shara and Kon. He became a guardian at the same time Shara did, and been good friends and allies since before there guardianship. He has a little sister named Dora who lives in Daemaria and became a guardian to make sure she would never face harm from the outside world. When daemria vanishes, he becomes very confused, sad, and angry at the world with fear that his sister and his parents are gone forever. He later sides with Zean and for what ever reason is forced to betray his allies and friends and gives up Guardianship. His golems name is Ragonis and takes the form of a spiky serpent.

Zean: He is a snow leopard daemarian who has power over fire. He is the elder of fire from Daemaria and holds many dark secrets and has a agenda that appears to be malevolent. Just before the incident in which the city/daemaria becomes engulfed by the light and vanish, Silvain had caught Zean murdering the High Elder. Silvian believes that Zean has something to do with the city vanishing. He keeps with him something called the Daemariacon, a ancient daemarian book that may have the answers to everything. His golem name is Vega and takes the form of a full armored figure with wings and a tail and is on fire.

Ralu: He is a mysterious Bear daemarian who has power over shadow. He speaks nothing however he travels with Dameon and Zean. He is very powerful not just strength but his power as well. His golems name is Rain, and she takes the form of a Bear with war armor and spikes.

Fral: She is a Panther Daemarian who has power over fire. She works as a loyal servant to King Tanar and seeks something called the Castafire Key. She poses as a god to a small village to keep them in line for her king. Her golems name is Gore, and takes the form of a creature called a Vigerage. A Vigerage looks like a Dragon only it is amphibious and has jagged spikes all over its body.

Grais: Even though he does not appear until the second part of the story, he is a black wolf daemarian who has power over wind, and is the leader of a Human hating group called Tribe. He is very smart but also very power hungry and seeks power of the gods so he him self can be that of a god. He belvies that the world belongs to daemarian kind and should be rid of all humans. His golems name is Tyran and takes the form of a massive winged serpant.

Hugaa: Also does not appear until the second part, Hugaa is a Coyote Daemarian who loves to flirt and have fun and can be very reckless. He is one of Grias' loyal soldiers and a friend. He has power over ice and despite his recklessness he can be a very powerful foe. His golems name is Raiku, and takes the form of ice dragon.

Ren: She is a lion daemarian who also doesn't appear till second part. She has power over fire and is also Grias right hand men/ or woman. She is a highly skilled fighter, even more then Hugaa. She always keeps Hugaa on his toes and can be very violent character. She has a secret love for Grias. Her Golem is called Espara and takes the form of a Phoenix or a burning massive bird.

Nyan: She is a Fox daemarian in second part. She is another powerful fighter of Grias and is loyal to him. She is also highly violent like ren however she is purely psychopathic and talks to her self like she is nuts. She very blood hungry and loves to kill making her, her self a powerful weapon used by Grias. She has a deep dark secret to the reason why she is a psychopath and why she talks to her self, and has power by far surpassing anyone Grias has ever ment. Grias prides her and often makes Ren very jealous. Nyans golems name is Dengado and takes the form of a Giant boar.

Sian: She is later introduced in part 2, she is a replacement elder to the formation of New Daemaria. She is a old fox daemarian who can control ice. We never see her golem.

Sygus: He is a introduced in part 2, he is a replacement elder to the formation of New Daemaria. He is a old tortoise daemairan who can control water. We never see his golem.

Bane: He is a elder of air, and is a badger daemarian. He is in league with Zean but after he learns of the Ancient Ones murder he decides that this conspiracy has gone to far and wants to come out and tell all daemarians the truth, so then he is murdered by Zean as well. We never see his golem.

Ancient One: His name is unknown however he is called the Ancient one for he is wise and old. He is the high elder of Daemaria. He is a Grey Fox Daemarian who has power over force. He learns of a secret and perhaps a conspiracy and as part of the coverup he is murdered by Zean. We never see his golem.

Galam: He is a impossible existence. He is that of a snowleopard and a wolf hybrid. It is impossible for two daemarians to breed and yet he exists. Galam is a rude slang daemarian word for mutt however he has grown up with that name all his life. His element is force however he is unable to ever use it because of a special collar placed upon him by Tribe. He is treated like a slave/servant/pet to Tribe. He was abandoned as infant so he has no memory of who his parents and grew up raised by Tribe as a slave/servant/pet. To tribe they would normally execute humans and demi-humans (daemarian human hybrids) however a hybrid such as Galam is unique, it was Grias' idea to treat him as a pet. What no one knows is Galam has been planning a escape to be free. His Golem is suppressed by the collar so much that if he was to ever remove his collar the power his spirit/golem is holding back could kill him because his body is not used to that kind of power. His golems appearance is unknown however he can speak to his golem in mind speech.

Matias: Supposedly dead, he is Silvian father who is obviusly a Leopard daemarian and just like Silvian he can control water. He fight in great daemarian war and died and became a honored war hero who has statues of him all over. Spoiler ALERT: It is later discovered that he may still be alive and may also very much be apart of the grand scheme of things. His golem is unknown.

Brea: She is the mother leopard daemarian of Silvian. After Matias was announced dead in the great daemarian war, she fell ill to the daemarian plague and eventually died. We never see her golem.

King Tanar: King Tanar is a ruthless king with one goal in mind and that is to get his hands on the Castafire key. He appears human however he is something different, not Daemarian and definitely not human. Why he needs the Castafire Key is unknown.

Kaylay Castafire: She is a human girl who is not like other humans. She has a strange ability to see past the human illusion of daemarians and can see them as they truly are. She also is the only one who can use the mysterious power of the Castafire key passed down in her bloodline.

Elly Castafire and future versions.: A few 100 or so years after Kaylay Castafire died and set in part 2, she looks exactly like Kaylay. Turns out she is the Reincarnated revealing that she has the unique ability to reincarnate. She carries no memories of her former life however she still possesses same personality and unique ability as the previous castafire had. (Note: There are a few other Castafire Reincarnates. )

Erised: She is a Daemarian cat who has power over Earth. She was raised in a village outside of Daemaria but most her family and village was later slaughtered by humans that thought of Daemarians as monsters. Her and her brother Fen was hidden well during the slaughter and grew up helping her brother in life. Later she learns her brother Fen decided to join the ranks of Tribe against humans willingly and now she helps Silvian and the others while trying to find out how to talk her brother to leave Tribe. Her golems name is Rain and takes the form of humanoid with similar feline characteristics but has white feathery wings.

Gayle: She us a Demi-Human Black Cat. She has no elemental powers nor does she have any ability to appear all human. She looks like a girl with Cat ears and a tail. Her daemon mother raised her alone after her human father took off with a human female. Despite being half human herself, she could almost care less of humans. She is forced to live under a hood in public because she can not allow people to see her tail and ears. She does what she can to help her mother however her mother tends to be over protective of her. She has met other daemarians in the past but she is always called a mutt, a mule, or a Daemarian rude Slang word Galam. To humans she is considered a monster so she feels she has no place in the world. Until she meets Rune who accepts her fully and another Demi-human named Rex who she secretly admires a lot. What she doesnt know is Rex feels the same way.

Rex: He is a demi-human fox who was lucky enough to learn that he had enough daemarian in him to be able to use the Fire element. He was born under his loving parents who's father was human king and his mother was a daemarian fire wielder. Despite his ability to use fire, he like all other demi-humans cannot appear fully human. He grew up learning how to use a sword and became quite skilled at it, that he considered being a solider. Later on however he learns that his family is killed and the castle becomes destroyed by King Tanar. He later meets Gayle who treats him like a brother, but secretly has feelings for her and would lay his life down for her. What he doesn't know is she too has those feelings for him. His golems name is Vendumane and takes the form of a giant red adn orange phoenix and sometimes takes the form of a small insect.

Fen: He is a cat daemarian with power over rock. Ever since him and his sister survived the slaughter of there village by humans, he began to be full of spite and hatefull towards humans. He later joins the ranks of Tribe. His golem is Emerald and takes the form of a Large red fox with armor.

Mayla: She is a Jackal daemarian who has power over shadow. She is Aturoks wife. She managed to escape when daemaria vanished and was attacked by humans. Tribe saved her and ever since she has joined forces with Tribe. When Aturok and her reunite later in the story, Aturok disagrees with her view on wanting to help tribe rid the world of humans and is heart broken that he has to be against her. Her golems name is Ava and takes the form of a cloaked figure whos features inside the cloak are nothing but black mass.

Roen: Roen is a Member of of Tribe and is the one who recruited Mayla. When Aturok rejects being apart of Tribe to rejoin with Mayla, she falls in love with Roen. He has power over force and his golems name is Titan who takes the form of a giant Bear like creature with fangs and wields a massive hammer.

Arwen: He is introduced in part 3. He is the son of Shara after being raped by Grias. He was taken from her a infant and raised in the ways of Tribe and becomes very close to Grias as his father. His power is light and his golems name is Lunar and takes the form of a dragon who has circular shape for horns and has black feathery wings.
Last edited by Silviangrey on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

It can be difficult to recruit people on this forum. Here is some advice...

First, make sure you've read some of the Suggestions for Recruiters thread. Even if you've already scanned it, you may benefit from reading it again.

Second, please provide more information about what you need at this time. Do you need help with character sprites, background art, or some other element of your visuals? What sort of music are you looking for? You mentioned that you need help with Python scripting, so let us know if are you having difficulty creating some sort of game mechanic.

Third, please provide detailed information on the shape and aspects of your VN. To be more specific:

* Multiple endings?
* If so, will there be a lot of choices and paths, or only a few?
* How long do you estimate the story will be?
* How many characters have significant roles? Are there more than a few minor characters?
* Is this going to be a straightforward VN, or do you plan to include gameplay?

Silviangrey

#4 Post by Silviangrey »

I added more to the details. ^^

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#5 Post by destiny_921 »

This is...thoroughly ambitious for a first VN, and quite daunting - seeing the huge block of text..

Anyway, you said in your first post that you need help and elaborated on what you need - but didn't specify the positions. You should specify them (i.e: writers, proof-readers, composers, BG/Sprite Artist, programmers...etc) so that the people who view this thread can be clearer about what you want. From what I can see, there're people viewing your thread and some are probably interested but may be simply unclear about what and how many positions are open.

And as gekiganwing said, how long do you estimate the story will be? How many arcs/chapters/episodes will there be? Or will it be a one-shot (very long) VN? Is it a Kinetic Novel, a VN which the user has no choices to make or not?

Besides that, do you have any portfolio of sort? As ffs_jay said from here....
3) People probably won't throw themselves at you for a good concept if you haven't done anything before. Show you can flesh it out. Better yet, have a prototype. It's not important that you use placeholder stickman art or you made it in Twine, the important thing is to show you can work a project. Show what you can bring to the table, basically. Also, don't be afraid to show at least some of your script if you're a writer. Don't expect people to come to you if you won't meet them halfway.
I'd also suggest you post in the Ideas section to see if there's any interest.
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

Silviangrey

#6 Post by Silviangrey »

I already mentioned how many parts haha, its 4 may expand into 5. Depends. There all all pretty lengthy. As for positions I am pretty new at this so, really i need anything, Mucic and sound effects but those are last priority, mostly need right now those familiar with python scripting but most importantly maybe some one to help with art work. However I am at no rush with this, this is going to be long term and right now I really want to get some involvement with anyone who does art, music, or scripting that would be interested in this project. Even some brain stormers would be nice to discuss. I want this to be a discussion phase before I move forward on it. I don't want to start on it, have everyone make art work and things for it and later stop because we decide to take on a new directions. So really All spots are empty. its basically just me, my bf, and one potential person who may or may not help with some of the art.

Positions:

Character Art: Be able to do Animal Humanoids aka furrys, humans, dragons, and varius other fantasy creatures. Need to be able to do armor and clothes, mutli facial expressions, poses. Most importantly some one who can make full color images. I can sketch, you can see some of my art work by searching Silviangrey on deviant art. I do not have much on there, however that is what I can do. If some one is able to edit other peoples images and color them, then I can do all the sketch work and some one else can do all the editing and coloring.

Background: Also important. Just simple full colored images for background. Including Cave, forest, castles, cabins ect. Some visuals need to be dark and serous toned.

Visual Scenes: When things get more intince and I can sketch scenes but may need someone to fully color them or some one who can also sketch and do coloring would be helpful. These are full scenes with characters and such already drawn into them. Light battle scenes and such.

Music: Im looking for Epic music and some serious tone music for some scenes. However at this point music is last priority. So is sound effects.
Sound Effects: Simple sound effects will be needed like the sound of blades clashing and fire burning. However sound effects are last priority.

Possible for future would be maybe voice overs? But that will be looked at as maybe final or after thought perhaps. We can discuss these things futher later.

Scripters: Someone who knows python language who doesn't mind doing some scripting work and also doesn't mind maybe showing me a few things as I would like to further learn how to script as well. I am reading tutorials and experimenting with it as we speak.

Advance scripter: Not i priority at moment however I adding this as a category for position because we may want to include RPG elements or mini games and or puzzles.

Most importantly Everyone needs to be a team player, and understand this is a long term project. This isn't a job, its a side project. I want people to have fun with it.

Cathrynah

#7 Post by Cathrynah »

If your still looking for a Character Art may I be ..?? If you want I can show you some sketches I have. :D