NEEDED: Programmer for Lovecraft VN/RPG Comedy

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Bryy
Veteran
Completed: 30+ games so far
Projects: Furry Shakespeare
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

NEEDED: Programmer for Lovecraft VN/RPG Comedy

#1 Post by Bryy »

Army of Tentacles: The H.P. Lovecraft RPG needs a Python programmer!

Hello. For a few years now, my team and I have been working on various projects for various companies, but we've always had this one, small game we were trying to make for ourselves, as our first game. We're using Python, obviously.

Recently, our above schedule project became behind schedule due to our LD getting scooped up by an NDA, and our second programmer got hammered down with a case of Life. Leaving us sitting in the wind.

The project name is Army of Tentacles, and it is a VN/RPG hybrid set in the universe of H.P. Lovecraft. Our RPG elements are:
- stat system (two stats, Intelligence and Health) linked to training/leveling up and time
- branching choices leading to different epilogue slides making up different endings
- items/inventory (four slots for inventory: one for active weapon armor, one for backup; shops are based on a swapping system, not a monetary one)
- an Argument system (i.e. talking for combat) with ally abilities (one ally in battle with you at a time, swapping available) and stat-based dialogue options

The Argument system is partially done and just needs touch up and implementation of the ally system.

I've started jotting down the dialogue (I have most of the intro finished), but I need help with the greater systems. I'm no programmer, I'm just the writer. Our team so far consists of one other writer/designer, and one programmer who is currently KIA, but able to meet via Sype and help out.
The script is approx. 100 pages including branches.

To give you a hint of our comedic/light style, here is some of the art we have so far (from our two amazingly talented artists):
Thatcher (a PC)
Stevie (an NPC)
Blue Mighty Orphan Power Slayer (an enemy)

I am willing to pay to contract work, which is negotiable.

If this is something that you are interested in, please feel free to either PM or e-mail me (bryymiller@gmail.com since our company site is down).
Also, Skype: bryymiller

Bryy
Veteran

Re: NEEDED: Programmer for Lovecraft VN/RPG Comedy

#2 Post by Bryy »

*bump*

Still looking.

Xenocartographer
Regular

#3 Post by Xenocartographer »

Oh hey! I'm a programmer looking for a project. :) What language are you using? Ren'Py, or?

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#4 Post by netravelr »

I'd love to help but I'm already busy working on a Lovecraftian VN/RPG... but, ours is much more serious so it shouldn't be a problem. Good luck finding a programmer!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

Bryy
Veteran

#5 Post by Bryy »

We got one, but thanks!