COMMISSIONS CLOSED AS OF 5/19/13 (w/free request thread)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
kura-ou
Regular

COMMISSIONS CLOSED AS OF 5/19/13 (w/free request thread)

#1 Post by kura-ou »

VISUAL SAMPLES:

Please refer to my *~PORTFOLIO~*

DISCOUNTS:
BATCH COMMISSIONS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE: $32 (+ chibi or headshot = $37) - include CG headshot or CHIBI, painted WAIST-UP CG, and full-body hard CG
*HOWEVER:
I DO NOT HAVE FIXED PRICES FOR VISUAL NOVEL ARTWORK (as in artwork for a single visual novel project; this is not classified as a 'batch commission'). Prices will be much lower for noncommercial work than for commercial works. Please contact me through pm or dA note for a price quote.
PRICES FOR INDIVIDUAL VISUAL NOVEL COMPONENTS
-SPRITE (includes 2 expressions): $18 each (complexity may alter the price)
-(3-4) EXPRESSIONS: $2, $0.25 for an extra
-COSTUME CHANGES: $6-$10 EACH depending on complexity (something like complex armor will be slightly more; please contact me me for a price quote)
-POSES: $4-$8 EACH depending on how much more time it requires to re-CG details or leave body shading intact

CG SCENES CAN VARY FROM $30-$45 depending on the level of detail required, please contact me for a quote.
What I can draw:
-fanart/fandom and non-fandom OCs/avatars (even Gaia avatars)
-chibi
-headshot
-waist-up
-full body
-character design sheet or profile sheet (design = I design from your text *costs more*, profile sheet = I draw your OC in my style with a picture reference already available)
-anything else that is listed in the 'WILL DRAW WITH GOOD REFERENCES' section--YOU ARE FREE TO CHALLENGE ME.

CAN DRAW WITH GOOD REFERENCES a.k.a. 'force me to practice':
-old people (anime/chibi style)
-landscapes (natural)/building/furniture
-animals (chibi, anime-ish?)
-hentai/yaoi/yuri/shounen + shoujo-ai (I can draw these w/o references also; samples upon request through pm or email)

WILL NOT DRAW:
-mechas, anthros, realism

I PREFER TO DRAW:
-hot guys
-cute girls
-shouta/lolita ('cute' category?)
-interesting characters
-gender-bent characters
-cartoon characters in anime style
-kemonomimi
=>*TERMS OF SERVICE AND AGREEMENT*<=
  • 1. The artist retains the right to display the commissioner's commission [at a low-resolution] for promotional purposes unless otherwise discussed.
    2. The commissioner may not display high-resolution of the commissioned piece for public view; however, this may be used for promotional purposes so long as the artist's watermark is retained (this is for normal commissions). If work is done for a visual novel, PLEASE CREDIT THE ARTIST.
    3. A normal commission will vary from 850 to 1200 pixels wide, depending on the requirements of the commission. Please specify before the draft is complete.
    4. Commissioners have the right to ask for works-in-progress drafts before changes are made. Stages are: sketch, lineart, flat CG and then CG.
    5. References are highly preferred; if the commissioner has only text descriptions, it will cost extra (the commissioner may use non-commissioned images from the Internet in conjunction with text; this will not affect the price).
    6. The artist's artwork may not be altered in any way, unless the artist is contacted first.
    7. I will reply back within 1-3 days of your message. Please be patient.
    8. If you have a deadline, PLEASE TELL ME and I will finish your commission by that date or earlier. I normally do not have a specific order for which commissions I work on first unless commissioners specify beforehand.

However, please be warned that I may not accept your commission if it is within an unreasonable deadline. Feel free to contact me for further details on this.

9. I will try to follow your instructions as closely as I can, but if for some reason you decide to add more details, only 2 minor edits are allowed before small charges are added to the commission.
    10. Any R-rated material is priced much higher than a regular commission.
RIGHTS:
-Rights to the artwork belong to the artist
-Rights to the character and design belong to the commissioner (for noncommercial work)
PAYMENT:

I only accept payments in USD through Paypal or international money order (I cannot be held responsible if this is lost; however, I have received payments of concealed cash just fine previously, so an IMO might fare well, too)

Payment must be made up-front for small commissions under $20 but if you have a large or a bulk order, half-payment must be made up-front and the rest must be sent after the commission is finished (this may or may not apply to batch commissions). If you want to pay in full for a large commission, you may do that, too.
I WILL NOT START ON YOUR COMMISSION WITHOUT PAYMENT.
This is due to the amount of 'commissioners' who wanted drafts in the past and disappear promptly afterwards.

*~NEWEST WORKS NOT POSTED IN MY DEVIANTART GALLERY~*
Visual novel animation parody done in Photoshop
Character rotation of OC used for visual novel
Fail firebending animation

Please pm or comment here for any questions. I do not bite :D

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I look forwarding to working with you.

CURRENT COMMISSION LIST (I'm currently working on the late FALL/WINTER 2012 commissions)
LIST OF PREVIOUS COMMISSIONERS
Last edited by kura-ou on Mon May 27, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
my portfolio
=>my *FREE* sketch request thread<=

I am currently booked for May/June/July, but if you would like to buy my ANIMU MERCHANDISE and ADOPTABLES to give them good homes and help keep my college finances afloat over the summer, it would be greatly appreciated ;w;

kura-ou
Regular

Re: SPRITE + CHARACTER DESIGN ARTIST FOR HIRE!

#2 Post by kura-ou »

I apologize for bumping, but I just found that I'm about $250 short of buying my college textbooks, materials, and bills this quarter :( If anyone would like to hire me for a long-term VN project, you'll get a discount.

I'm currently in the midst of finishing some old commissions, so hopefully, if hired, I'll be able to start as early as mid-April (if not by next week).

(And if you're more interested in animu figures and artbooks, you'll get a discount on any type of commission if you buy $30+ worth of official merchandise)

Thank you for looking!
my portfolio

I am currently booked for May/June/July, but if you would like to buy my ANIMU MERCHANDISE and ADOPTABLES to give them good homes and help keep my college finances afloat over the summer, it would be greatly appreciated ;w;

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#3 Post by Kato »

Your art is really really good! I hope someone commissions you soon! It would be perfect for the story I have floating around in my head too, but since I'm buckled down with 3 other works in progress (gosh I keep myself busy) I don't think I'll be able to get to it anytime soon. Good luck finding a commission though! :)
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

kura-ou
Regular

#4 Post by kura-ou »

Kato wrote:Your art is really really good! I hope someone commissions you soon! It would be perfect for the story I have floating around in my head too, but since I'm buckled down with 3 other works in progress (gosh I keep myself busy) I don't think I'll be able to get to it anytime soon. Good luck finding a commission though! :)
Thank you so much for your kind, encouraging words, Kato ;w;

Ah, your projects look very interesting! I look forward to seeing their completion (and playing them~ >w<).
my portfolio

kura-ou
Regular

#5 Post by kura-ou »

I'm sorry for bumping again, but if anyone is interested in hiring me for a long-time VN project, please present me with your budget :) Prices for bulk commissions, separate from that of the BATCH COMMISSION shown above, and projects can normally be negotiable. Feel free to pm or note me ^^ (This would apply to commercial projects, too)

The FIRST person who officially hires me for a long-term VN project will get a free CGed chibi promoting their VN ^^
And even if you can't commission me, it would mean the world to me if you could spread word of my commissions and/or merchandise SALE. I really need to sell everything or I can't afford any of my course materials (homework is due by this Sunday ><;;;). ;-;
Last edited by kura-ou on Sun May 26, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my portfolio

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#6 Post by merdeamour »

Whoa, your stuff is seriously good! I hope somebody has already hired you (: I wish I had Paypal -_-
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

#7 Post by AngelicBlood »

Just bumping up for other people to see :)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#8 Post by Blue Lemma »

Update 3:For anyone following the issue, Kura and I are currently working to resolve it.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

kura-ou
Regular

However, there's an opportunity for free sketches :D

#9 Post by kura-ou »

I hope that this got your attention :D

And indeed, Blue Lemma and I are working to resolve the previous issue due to my lack of communication. I apologize for all the trouble I've caused. Thus far, there have been no victims (that I've known of) out of all of my commissioners, and the problem escalated because I was literally swamped in school work. It won't happen again.

During busy months, please expect a reply or update from me 4 days to 2 weeks at a time.

*UPDATE 6/1/13*

Current commissioners and prospective commissioners may see my *UPDATED WORK STATUS* as well as the general ToS (I repeat, left unaltered since 11/2012) and the list of previous commissioners.

Although my commissions are indeed closed from now up until late June or early July, I will be doing free *rough* sketch requests in-between commission WIPs :) Commissioners are also welcome to request. All these sketch requests come at a very small price (close to free and takes about a minute or less to do! ^^)

*UPDATE 12/30/15*
Due to numerous emotional issues brought on the past 2 years, I do not feel that I can complete these commissions as I would have liked previously. As my friends and other commissioners know, I do get depressed from time to time. In 2013, one of my uncles died, in 2014, my cousin almost died from a suicide attempt and this year, I've made the decision that I CANNOT complete these commissions because it has been far too long and too many negative feelings stem from it.

I will be clear that I *NEVER* stole any money from his friend. Before he commissioned me for $75 worth of sketches (about 10 casual and 10 "underwear" sketches), I was never commissioned for that large amount of $ by any one person, female or not. Each time I asked about his friend's name previously, he never gave me an actual name. I also looked through my PayPal receipts in 2010-2013 for that amount by a female and no one fit that description.

I can understand that Lemma has a lot of mistrust in artists, having so many steal his money in the past. But I assure you, that I never had any thoughts of that kind. I'm sure that most artists don't either. For every dollar we make, we do our best to put our best efforts into it. I know that I sound like a hypocrite because it's been very long since I last did anything for his commissions, and from that perspective, I am very unprofessional.

But please let me assure you that I have NEVER stolen anyone's money. I underestimated the time I took to give him drafts, as well as the time to finish his commissions (which, unfortunately, still are only 2/10 done). Time mismanagement and the lack of communication was a big mistake. I am fully aware of that, but for any amount of $, no person deserves to be berated the way I was.

I am planning on refunding Lemma because I felt like I was the final artist that he decided to take out years of anger on. I understand his frustration, because who would wish for their hard-earned money to disappear like that...?

Before making this decision, I consulted with friends and family over the years. I had a huge amount of anxiety and depression because 1) the commissions weren't fully done and 2) I couldn't really force myself to get them done because of how I was treated in private. His words made me cry and I lowered myself so much that now, I'm surprised at how worthless I felt back then...

All I needed the money for was for textbooks, and really, this didn't seem worth it at all... The time-crunching from taking 3 science courses with lab components, the extra field and research work and on top of that, forgetting about making time to do these commissions due to depression caused by my inability to grasp all of the course materials... Which was sad because were really the only commissions I had at the time. I made a few mistakes and it resulted in being forced to close my commissions here. Having years of fear of coming back despite loving this game dev community.

I can't take it anymore, I really can't. I never planned on stealing anyone's money, but not only was I accused of it, I was accused of also stealing from his "friend." That hurts me the most. You already hurt the person by reporting them, why would you want to add an imaginary person as an extra complaint? I know I was wrong by not communicating properly and not getting things done on time, but LYING about another person getting their money stolen by me--I will never forget that. It's been in my memory for over 2 years. :(

With this, I end my post here with the art (including the apology gift in May 2013) I did get finished for his commissions.

To any artists who may be commissioned by Blue Lemma: please get things done promptly and professionally, and if not, please be prepared to be torn to shreds despite him never knowing you as a person and only as another artist :( I still don't have thick skin yet, and his words have hurt me for years, so please don't accept any of his commission requests unless you know that will get them done on time. But to those he has actually helped out during rough times, he deserves a thanks.
my portfolio