Lineart Coloring CGing Service

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Jason
Regular
Completed: Sierra Ops Episode 1 and 2, Rising Angels: Reborn (Some CGs)
Projects: Sierra Ops, Muv-Luv Kickstarter
Organization: Innomen Team

Lineart Coloring CGing Service

#1 Post by Jason »

Magical Friendly CG Service?!

After working with a few clients recently, I realized... That I can no longer do concepts for other games. Not only because I have problems working with others' ideas, it's just that my creativity's way too occupied by my own game. But fear not! I can still work on CGs. Now how is that even possible?

Basically if you want me to do the CG work for your game, the rule is simple - I need a sketch of your idea. Like literally, sketches that aren't quite refined, but good enough to show the pose desired, the expression, and so on so forth. So let's get started!

The rates:

A. Lineart/Cleanup Service
When you submit the sketch, I won't simply trace over it. I will in fact look at the references you'll provide(if there are any) and will make the shapes a lot more sensible and precise to the model. Though, the more detailed the sketch is, the better the result(s) will be.
Per character - 10$
Non-Structure/interior Background - free**~10$*
Structural/Interior Backgrounds - 10$~20$*

B. Coloring Service:
You can choose the style you're going for based on my gallery http://heirouis.deviantart.com/gallery/ . Just indicate the colors in the sketch by writing down the colours or providing references along with your request.
Per character - 10$
Non-Structure/interior Background - free** up to 10$*
Structural/Interior Backgrounds - 10~30$*

C. The whole You-provide-the-sketch, I'll-turn-it-into-CG Service in one:
You will provide the sketch, and avail the services above as a combo.
The difference? It costs 5$ cheaper than availing the services separately.

*Depending on the details
**Must at least have a character - sorry, nothing free here!

Notes:
1. The rates here are applicable for free games. As for commercial works, you may need to get in touch with me directly at jason.m.cheng@gmail.com .
2. My service doesn't include perfect anatomy correction. I'll try though. We can deal with it better by passing it around twice.
3. Yep, based on #2, there are only two revision count so better list down everything you see that needs fixing and I'll work on it just for you.
4. My service gets cheaper by 5$ in every 10 cg sketches.
5. Deadlines. If I'm swamped with work at the moment, I'll notify you. You can decide to wait until it's your turn or not.
6. My estimate finish time is 1-3 days per artwork since I'm working on my own game at the moment as well as taking up scholarship. This will keep up until February apparently.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

The reasons why this happened -
I always do my work with passion and that's one of the reasons why it just keeps failing to work out.
If I hold back because of time constraints or being busy with other tasks, the concept/idea will be overly dull or very very half assed, or if I pushed through it, it will look very detailed. It's a huge inconsistency. I know it's a pain in the ass, that's why having someone do the concept/idea solves all the problem. You're free to comment about this, I know this is a bit of disappointment, but this is also a reality check for me. It took a lot of clients before I get the resolve on handling this entire commission problem the most efficient manner.

I'm currently working on the following projects:
1. Sierra Ops: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 5&start=45
2. Rising Angels: Reborn http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=22502
I'm still open for 2 or 3 more as long as the deadline's not too tight.
Last edited by Jason on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:18 am, edited 18 times in total.
Innomen Team Presents: Sierra Ops

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

kura-ou
Regular

Re: [Paid]Full time artist,8 hours a day,5 times a week.

#2 Post by kura-ou »

Your art certainly looks top-notch! I hope that you get hired soon! :)
my portfolio
=>my *FREE* sketch request thread<=

I am currently booked for May/June/July, but if you would like to buy my ANIMU MERCHANDISE and ADOPTABLES to give them good homes and help keep my college finances afloat over the summer, it would be greatly appreciated ;w;

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Lishy »

If I ever succeed a kickstarter, I will contact you.

How much for coloring-only jobs?
-

Jason
Regular

#4 Post by Jason »

hm, Lishy it's still 400 because its apparently the minimum i need to live normally. And wow kickstarter project, I'd really love to participate in one! :)

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Lishy »

Jason wrote:hm, Lishy it's still 400 because its apparently the minimum i need to live normally. And wow kickstarter project, I'd really love to participate in one! :)
400 a year or is that month?
-

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#6 Post by Coren »

Lovely art, Jason! I'd love to hire you for Solace in the Snow Fog, actually, but I'll have to start a Kickstarter for that (it's for charity). :)

Jason
Regular

#7 Post by Jason »

Lishy wrote:
Jason wrote:hm, Lishy it's still 400 because its apparently the minimum i need to live normally. And wow kickstarter project, I'd really love to participate in one! :)
400 a year or is that month?
Hi Lishy, it's per project month - That's because you can ask for as much as possible cgs/spr-portraits within the 20+ days per month :)
Kirroha wrote:Lovely art, Jason! I'd love to hire you for Solace in the Snow Fog, actually, but I'll have to start a Kickstarter for that (it's for charity). :)
Yeah, all emails and offers i received apparently are starting kickstarters haha. I got until April 2 to decide where should i dedicate my time xD .

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Lishy »

Jason, your art is gorgeous. However, I do not require the quantity of art assets you would be willing to produce at the moment. However, if my current project and kickstarter is a success, I will make sure to contact you. I'm sure others here at the time being will be happy to hire you however at the moment.

Out of curiosity, but would you ever consider 8bit CGs and sprites? Specifically, 160x144 gameboy color-style BGs?
-

Jason
Regular

#9 Post by Jason »

Lishy wrote:Jason, your art is gorgeous. However, I do not require the quantity of art assets you would be willing to produce at the moment. However, if my current project and kickstarter is a success, I will make sure to contact you. I'm sure others here at the time being will be happy to hire you however at the moment.

Out of curiosity, but would you ever consider 8bit CGs and sprites? Specifically, 160x144 gameboy color-style BGs?
Hi Lishy, sorry for the super late response, as I've updated only updated my rates today and made it friendly to the developers here in the forums.

And yes, I can match an artist's style if specified. I've been working on it for a long period of time.

Anyway--- Thread is open again :)

tnm6
Regular
Projects: Among the Distant Stars, Stained with Magic, The Remembrance Trilogy: Reminiscence
Organization: Anansi Media

Re: Artist Available

#10 Post by tnm6 »

Your art is absolutely amazing! Anyone would be lucky to commission you for a project.

AWSalmon
Regular
Projects: The Human Reignition Project
Organization: AlienWorks Productions

#11 Post by AWSalmon »

Very, very tempting. Your most expensive price is nearly a third of our most conservative estimates for our illustrations. We might contact you in a few weeks about this.
"We have cars that drive for us, services that shop for us, devices that speak for us, machines that clean and cook and work for us. You can't say that removing these things from our daily lives has no effect on the way we interact. As I speak, how many of you are working, or communicating with someone else? Could we do that twenty years ago? Ten? Society has changed very slowly throughout the course of human history, but in the span of only two generations, there have been more technology-driven societal advances than we can count."

"People everywhere are able to talk to others clear on the other side of the world, and we do this at the expense of interacting with others around us. We have our heads buried so deeply in our technology that we ignore our surroundings. Society is stretched far beyond what should be possible, thanks to technology. We have friends in other countries while we have strangers in our own homes."

The Human Reignition Project
AlienWorks.Recruiting@gmail.com

Jason
Regular

#12 Post by Jason »

AWSalmon wrote:Very, very tempting. Your most expensive price is nearly a third of our most conservative estimates for our illustrations. We might contact you in a few weeks about this.
Thanks, I'm mostly available and my services are flexible if you need help on any specific areas (updated thread). :)

Jason
Regular

Re: Lineart Coloring CGing Service

#13 Post by Jason »

I've updated my services to the latest. It's a tough decision guys, but yeah. This is how things will work from here onwards.