Visual Novel Project Staff Needed!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
ScarletLycrois
Projects: Hungry Whispers, A.N.B.O.D
Organization: A.N.B.O.D

Visual Novel Project Staff Needed!

#1 Post by ScarletLycrois »

A.N.B.O.D Visual Novel Project Details:
We want to make the gameplay short, if all goes well we will start aiming to make longer games!
Currently, there's only me, a friend and possibly someone else writing for this project.

Current Staff:

SKTA – Storyboard planner, Main-Writer, Concept Artist, Draft Coder, Sub Voice-Actor.
HD – Character Artist, Co-Writer, Main Voice Actor.
SR – Main Voice Actor, Beta-Tester.
V - Cut-scene Artist.
Aaron Anderson - Musician.

Here's the main story idea:

INTRO. Midna Panthera looks for Luna on the first day of school for an interview for the school newspaper but is interrupted by Dusk and Nightshade. She meets the FanGirls and finds information on them. (Plot Development.Game start)
You guide Midna through the school collecting more information, cameos by Blade and Faolan explain a little bit about Midna's past/relations CUTSCENE. Ziggy puts Dusk's name to volunteer for the Newspaper club and the game ENDS with Midna finding this out and planning a scheme on Dusk.

Staff Needed:
- Background Artist.
- Someone who can check the codes/improve the codes so the game-play is easier.
- TWO female voice actors.* (Preppy FanGirls who are seen mostly in the manga and written novels.)
- TWO male voice actors.* (Ziggy Mancini, Blade Demondre and Tom Sharks.) </b>

*No preferable accents are required, you just need to be able to speak English. Just make sure you have a clear microphone, a clear voice and a working e-mail address. Also we will be accepting amateurs so literally anyone can audition!**
So, this is where we are asking for your help!
If you want to take part in this project, please leave a portfolio in the replies!
(Please be aware that this is a strict PG rated Visual Novel)

**Check http://www.apphiayu.com/casting/recording.html for guidelines on recording auditions.

Info about the characters are on the ANBOD website. http://anbod.wordpress.com/

We will be using Ren'Py engines to create the visual novel.

Thank-you!
I hope to hear from some people soon~
You can also help us out by forwarding this message to your friends or posting this to your blog or journal! Remember, we are giving everybody a chance to help out regardless of talent or skills!

So please help out, we need someone who can help out in this game. Please share and forward this to any contacts that can help out! Check the A New Breed Of Darkness website for more information!

If you are sending us a sample leave a link to a video of your voice from YouTube on the ANBOD website (Link above) or drop us a line at our e-mail! (Look for the link on our homepage on our website!)
Last edited by ScarletLycrois on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kristi78968

Re: Visual Novel Project Staff Needed!

#2 Post by Kristi78968 »

I can try to do the one or both of the female voices needed. I'm decent at voice acting and I'm a girl so...I guess I'm good for the position. XD

ScarletLycrois

#3 Post by ScarletLycrois »

That's wonderful news! But I could do with a sample of your voice to know how much script you may need. (Do you have a skype or youtube account?) Oh and also, would you prefer to have only around 5 lines or would you like a bigger part?

Kristi78968

#4 Post by Kristi78968 »

I can contact you through skype. I do have a sample of my voice acting actually! :D
http://youtu.be/np2dihWCJQc?t=9m15s (I did the voice for the girl with the green hair)
Whatever amount of lines you think will work best is fine with me. :)

VerdeICe
Regular

#5 Post by VerdeICe »

I can help with female stuff. If you want.

Just tell me what you need. Give me lines and clear direction. Though my good VA mic is ruined by cat. So I have to use my shit one. I wont be surprised. I can still give an Ok voice. Though if just OK isnt your style then feel free to give every rejection. LOLOLOLOL

Ill give you a sample, just tell me what you want me to say and how you want me to say it.

ScarletLycrois

#6 Post by ScarletLycrois »

Kristi78968 wrote:I can contact you through skype. I do have a sample of my voice acting actually! :D
http://youtu.be/np2dihWCJQc?t=9m15s (I did the voice for the girl with the green hair)
Whatever amount of lines you think will work best is fine with me. :)
You are hired! We will get back to you (By PMing you) with your lines. Remember the role is of a 15-16 year old high school student with a mildly annoying attitude! She is a member of the fangirl group and is always hyper.

ScarletLycrois

#7 Post by ScarletLycrois »

VerdeICe wrote:I can help with female stuff. If you want.

Just tell me what you need. Give me lines and clear direction. Though my good VA mic is ruined by cat. So I have to use my shit one. I wont be surprised. I can still give an Ok voice. Though if just OK isnt your style then feel free to give every rejection. LOLOLOLOL

Ill give you a sample, just tell me what you want me to say and how you want me to say it.
Of course we want your help! Is it okay of you play the role of the second Fangirl? So long as we can hear your voice clearly and there's no background noise it should be fine. If not we can always re-do until it's better!

Where can you send us a sample? YouTube is best but we have an ANBOD e-mail if that's best for you?

VerdeICe
Regular

#8 Post by VerdeICe »

Yea. Ill post a link to the sample. Just tell me what you want me to say in it and how you want me to say it.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#9 Post by Kato »

This sounds like a lot of fun! I might be alright for one of the male roles but I don't have any voice samples floating around anywhere. Just got an awesome mic setup but! :D If you PM a quick character bio and some lines for them I would be happy to send you some samples though! :)
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Starsaroundmars

#10 Post by Starsaroundmars »

Can I try out for the second Fangirl?