Artist Looking for Paid Work (closed)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

Artist Looking for Paid Work (closed)

#1 Post by fioricca »

asdfasdf I'm so nervous but here goes nothing OTL

Hi LSF! I've been wanting to put this up for the longest time ever, but I thought I should wait until I've gained enough experience with working on VNs. With both NaNo and PPHS out of the way, I've got some time to spare, so I'd love to help out with your projects! :>

EDIT; I've freed up a bit of time for a while and will be able to take on small projects at a special rate! Please refer to this comment for more details.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Unfortunately, I don't have any client feedback to provide at the moment as this is my first time taking commissions. D: I like to think that I did okay with Moya/Team Snugglebunny though. Right... right?

Thanks in advance, and I'm excited to work with you guys! Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

MORE SAMPLES; Moya put the post together better than I ever could, she is an angel sent down from heaven I can't even begin
Last edited by fioricca on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

Re: Artist Looking for Paid Work (open)

#2 Post by Itwasneveradream »

Hey! I just wanna say that I really like you art style, especially your cartoon-ish styyle for Left of Center, Good luck with your commissions, you're very talented.

I would commission you but I'm too young for paypal Q.Q

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#3 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

This is my absolute favorite commission thread I've seen go up, looks like you're doing everything right. I would include more of your artwork up top though.

I'm my own artist, so I just wanted to tell you good luck.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by CheeryMoya »

fioricca wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have any client feedback to provide at the moment as this is my first time taking commissions. D: I like to think that I did okay with Moya/Team Snugglebunny though. Right... right?
I'm here I'm here!

First off, samples.

Sprites

Creative Commons Set (see below for example)
Left of Center (completed game)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Note: Coloring was done by another person.

Backgrounds

Creative Commons Set

CGs
Standard CGs
(example from Left of Center, contains spoilers, click here to view)

Static Comic Cutscenes (from The Dolls' Stories, play the game to see more examples)

GUI
Night at the Hospital (completed game)
ImageImage
Completed Games Yo girl never forget the samples, fix this up however you want and put into your post.
---
Now that it's out of the way, client feedback.

I've had the honor of working with fioricca/Nuge two times so far, and each time has been a very enjoyable experience (albeit under the stress of a game jam deadline). When she says that she needs to see your script/what you have of your game so far, she needs to see it. This is so that way she can draw whatever you need in a way that most matches your game's mood, atmosphere, and overall tone. In Left of Center, being able to read the script I had so far gave her a clearer picture of what the cast was like and the general mood of the game. As a result, I couldn't be any happier with the sprites; they're dynamic and you can see their personality in their body language.
Speaking of body language, Nuge is excellent with poses. None of that "crossed arms, standing up straight, stiff as a stick" sort of stuff. No, her sprites are rearing to move around. If a character has to cross his arms then I can tell you that he'll be tilting his head one way or another to keep things interesting. These sprites feel alive.
As far as style goes, Nuge is primarily an anime artist but she was willing to deviate in Left of Center. I asked for more Western/cartoonish art and she delivered. Nuge is versatile and willing to listen to everything you say in other to bring your ideas to life.
Whether a side effect of being under a game jam deadline, she was able to draw all of the sprite and CG lineart for Left of Center in the last two weeks of the event. Time constraints didn't compromise quality at all; the results were more than I could ever ask for. (Note: please don't give her any impossible deadlines though, if LoC and NatH were rush jobs then I'm more than confident that things she spends more time on will look even better.)
Finally, I think that the best thing about Nuge is that she can do it all. She has done sprites, backgrounds, CGs, and GUI. Nuge will communicate with you often in order to make sure that the assets fit your ideal and she will stick with the project till the end. She is quick and delivers high quality art.

Nuge's a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her. Along with having a very professional attitude about projects, she has a great personality. Commission her while this offer's still open, you don't want to miss out on this chance!

fioricca
Veteran

#5 Post by fioricca »

Itwasneveradream wrote:Hey! I just wanna say that I really like you art style, especially your cartoon-ish styyle for Left of Center, Good luck with your commissions, you're very talented.

I would commission you but I'm too young for paypal Q.Q
Ahh thanks so much. The credit is also Moya's for coming up with such fun, wacky characters! I wish I could have spent more time on the designs :'D But I'm really glad you liked the characters!
LateWhiteRabbit wrote:This is my absolute favorite commission thread I've seen go up, looks like you're doing everything right. I would include more of your artwork up top though.

I'm my own artist, so I just wanted to tell you good luck.
Ahhh you are my inspiration when it comes to art-related things, so it's an honour to have you comment here! You don't know how many of your comments I tracked and sat on when I did up this post. Thank you so much for all the useful tips you're always sharing!
CheeryMoya wrote:...

Now that it's out of the way, client feedback.

I've had the honor of working with fioricca/Nuge two times so far, and each time has been a very enjoyable experience (albeit under the stress of a game jam deadline). When she says that she needs to see your script/what you have of your game so far, she needs to see it. This is so that way she can draw whatever you need in a way that most matches your game's mood, atmosphere, and overall tone. In Left of Center, being able to read the script I had so far gave her a clearer picture of what the cast was like and the general mood of the game. As a result, I couldn't be any happier with the sprites; they're dynamic and you can see their personality in their body language.
Speaking of body language, Nuge is excellent with poses. None of that "crossed arms, standing up straight, stiff as a stick" sort of stuff. No, her sprites are rearing to move around. If a character has to cross his arms then I can tell you that he'll be tilting his head one way or another to keep things interesting. These sprites feel alive.
As far as style goes, Nuge is primarily an anime artist but she was willing to deviate in Left of Center. I asked for more Western/cartoonish art and she delivered. Nuge is versatile and willing to listen to everything you say in other to bring your ideas to life.
Whether a side effect of being under a game jam deadline, she was able to draw all of the sprite and CG lineart for Left of Center in the last two weeks of the event. Time constraints didn't compromise quality at all; the results were more than I could ever ask for. (Note: please don't give her any impossible deadlines though, if LoC and NatH were rush jobs then I'm more than confident that things she spends more time on will look even better.)
Finally, I think that the best thing about Nuge is that she can do it all. She has done sprites, backgrounds, CGs, and GUI. Nuge will communicate with you often in order to make sure that the assets fit your ideal and she will stick with the project till the end. She is quick and delivers high quality art.

Nuge's a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her. Along with having a very professional attitude about projects, she has a great personality. Commission her while this offer's still open, you don't want to miss out on this chance!
sdfasdfshadgfhg can I just say that you are my favourite team partner ever and I am so honoured to have met you and worked with you and be a part of Team Snugglebunny and -- and --

;_____;

/SMOOSHES LOVE ALL OVER

This comment is more than anything I could ever ask for. I just. Uwaaaahhh ;A; Thank you so much for helping me with samples, and for providing such wonderful feedback! I'm really glad that the experience was positive for you. You don't know how much. I just. ;__; I have no words NONE AT ALL

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

bunbun
Regular

#6 Post by bunbun »

I'm really impressed with your work! I'm sure you will be able to get a lot of clients.
Good luck with commission!
WIPS

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#7 Post by Mink »

I worked with Nuge Fioricca on Night at the Hospital and can indeed vouch that she's great to work with. She's an amazing combination of fast, high quality, and reasonably priced. She's like a unicorn you have to catch before she runs away majestically!
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

fioricca
Veteran

#8 Post by fioricca »

bunbun wrote:I'm really impressed with your work! I'm sure you will be able to get a lot of clients.
Good luck with commission!
Thank you! I haven't actually gotten any requests yet, but I'll wait it out a bit more and see.
Mink wrote:I worked with Nuge Fioricca on Night at the Hospital and can indeed vouch that she's great to work with. She's an amazing combination of fast, high quality, and reasonably priced. She's like a unicorn you have to catch before she runs away majestically!
sdfgsf COLOUR ME SURPRISED this is such a great feedback ;-; Thank you so much; I had fun working with you too, Mink!

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#9 Post by Nellie »

fioricca was really kind and helpful in giving me (via Aro) advices and redline helps with my arts. Her arts are top notch, too! Definitely well worth her rate.. Grab her before she's gone! XD

fioricca
Veteran

#10 Post by fioricca »

;A; Oh my god you guys aaaa

Thank you so much for all the feedback/support, Nellie! I'm glad to hear that whatever I did was useful. *_*

I've received a small assignment, so I'll be closing this for about a week. Thank you so much again who left such kind client feedback! You guys are the best. ;///;

Also, I wasn't very clear about this at all, so to clarify: you will not be paying me by the exact amount of time that I take to do something. When you show me your brief, I will think about how much time I need to finish your assignment and quote you a price based on that estimate. In other words, if I fall sick and my productivity gets cut in half (or more), you don't need to pay for that because the quotes that I'll be giving you are that of normal conditions. I will also promise you a certain deadline and if I miss it for whatever reason, I will notify you ahead of time and give you a discount to compensate for my late work.

Others have asked me if I could give them a more accurate price quote than something that's estimated by the hour (fixed prices). I agree that this helps developers to budget better. I will think about this more and add a new quote when I re-open the thread. After that, you'll be able to choose between the hourly quotes or the fixed price quotes (I can give you a comparison, too).

Thanks so much again to everyone! :D

fioricca
Veteran

#11 Post by fioricca »

Hi again LSF! Having finished the last commissions, I managed to free up a bit of time, so I'm opening up commissions for small projects. In this one-time offer -- I'm not sure how often I'm going to be available for commissions in the future -- I've adjusted/slashed my prices to cater to developers who are looking to make small games. :> Please check it out and feel free to e-mail me at [ nugeyo@gmail.com ] or PM me here if you're interested!
Image Image
Image Image