Copy Editor and Evaluator at Your Service! Reasonable Rates!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
lemuel
Regular
Projects: What is Life When the Golden is Gone?

Copy Editor and Evaluator at Your Service! Reasonable Rates!

#1 Post by lemuel »

As a reader and contributor to the discussions at Lemmasoft Forums, I have noticed that many projects have excellent story ideas, gorgeous art, and good writing. However, due to the quantity of words being produced, even the best of writers slip up occasionally. This results in writing that does not enhance the experience of the visual novel and may, in some cases, impede gamers’ enjoyment of the product. To cite an extreme example of this phenomenon (albeit in a different genre) consider Zero Wing, the origin of the notorious Engrish phrase “All your base are belong to us.”

Noting this, and lamenting this preventable flaw in otherwise engaging productions, I have, in the past, provided voluntary copy editing services to various game developers on this forum:

- Winter Wolves (Jack Norton)
- Hanoko Games (Papillon)
- Ero-Botan
- 3-AR Studios (Clayton Barnett)

In order to contribute to the EVN scene in my own way, I would like to extend my services to other developers looking for copy editing and critical feedback.

For discussion of rates and deadlines for feedback, please PM me or post a response on this thread. I am subscribing to this thread, so rest assured that any and all responses will be dealt within 24 hours.
Last edited by lemuel on Wed May 01, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Copy Editor and Evaluator at Your Service! Reasonable Ra

#2 Post by papillon »

Post of clarification - I have not hired lemuel as a copy editor. He was one of many people who beta-read some pre-release chapters of The Royal Trap. I am not commercially endorsing this service. :)

I'm not dis-endorsing it either, just trying to be clear!

lemuel
Regular
Projects: What is Life When the Golden is Gone?

Re: Copy Editor and Evaluator at Your Service! Reasonable Ra

#3 Post by lemuel »

I apologize for my vagueness on my own part. Shall I remove your name?