Will you be the persons that I'm looking for?

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Zypharium

Will you be the persons that I'm looking for?

#1 Post by Zypharium »

Dear reader,

I've been making visual novels with Ren'Py for some years. As I am no good at drawing or composing music, and only good at writing stories and programming, I've been making visual novels without any images or music. Without any images or music, the end product is just an electronic book, not what I would call a visual novel, and of course not what I want to create.

What exactly am I searching for?

- CG-Artist (Backgrounds)
- Composer (BGM)
- Proofreader (a native English or American person, lemuel)
- iOS-Programer
- Seiyū (in German, or else in English is totally fine too)
- Translator (German or English to Japanese)

The story is written by me and almost completed. It's written in German, but I'll translate it into English some time later, when I'm less busy with my studies. My friend is doing the character design; he would also normally assume the role as CG-Artist, but I just think it's too much for him alone to do.

This project will be commercial, assuming that nothing goes wrong in the process, and later ported to iOS. If someone wants to port it together with me, I'll gladly accept and appreciate the help.

As I'm only a student I don't really have the money to pay you for your work, but as I said above, I'll publish this visual novel on the App Store and on a homepage specially created for the visual novel. If the visual novel should be a huge success, as I assume it will – no I can almost guarantee you that it will be a real zinger – you'll be rewarded fairly well. Even IF, in the worst case, the visual novel is not successful, you'll have had a good time with us, since we are really nice and with our proper sense of humor, you'll never get bored, if you work with us, that is.

As of now, there are only two members in the team, including me. But maybe you'll join us too, and maybe we will get to know each other and do some crazy stuff, like you know, some really crazy stuff? :)

If you read everything till this sentence, then I'm glad I gave my all to introduce our project. Thanks for keeping up with me. Now, it's time to wrap things up, but before I do so, I'll let you know a bit about the story of mine, like my childhood or even more interesting things. I'm being silly, ain't I? :lol:

I'll only give you a really short outline, 'cause if I got you interested, then join our project. You're needed and you would be a really benefit for us.

The story goes like this: there are 3 characters, two male and one female. You'll see through the eyes of every character the world that is long dead and barren. What will you do? What will you feel? When will you meet your inevitable end? The story is set in 2092 and everything has changed since the event called "The Calamity": death awaits you, and you'll die and begin to decay. You'll never learn the truth about The calamity, blinded by your ignorant disillusions, you'll die and die, every single time.

Thank you for reading everything; it means a lot to me, and of course every comment is appreciated. :D

Additional information that I forgot to mention:

- there will be no scenes in which the characters sexually interact with each other
- the sequel is already planned, thought out and will be made with RPG-Maker
- the story is plot-driven and serious, no "stupid" comedy or slapstick
- the plot features a vast of philosophical themes
- the great depression awaits you - in more than one way

Also, if someone can program in Ren'Py a minigame about solving puzzles, I'd love to have that person in my team.

Further information for CG-Artists and Composer:

What will the workload be looking like for the CG-Artist?

I need at least 10 CGs for my visual novel, I'd though prefer if you could draw me up to 30 CGs so that I can adapt it to my writing and make the best use of everything an visual novel offers. You'll get the instruction from me how to draw the CGs, and since I'm a human who values personal freedom over all, I won't interfere in your masterpiece of art. Every person has its own unique traits, you won't feel pressurised by me, and you will have fun doing the work for us. It's important to have fun, why would I else shed blood and sweats for this project? The money isn't that important to me, I want to have fun with everyone else. You'll have about 2 to 4 months to draw the CGs for me, and in the case that it shouldn't be enough for you, I'll give you more time. I'm not that eager for to release it unfinished and unpolished, this is art, it needs its time to blossom.

How many tracks will be needed?

I need at least 5 tracks, but better would be if you could compose about 15 tracks, since music is the life of everything. More than anything else, music makes you feel special, you will only get this feeling if the plot, art and music are unisono. You'll get the same time as the CG-Artist, and the personal freedom you deserve.

What kinds of music will you need?

Well, since the plot is rather burdensome, I'll need sad and tragic music. I don't think that I'll need other kinds of music, but we'll see. :) To give you an example of what exactly I'm looking for, check these YouTube-links out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFJ1r6_4mW4, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFyVLxvvqc, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqK7WLcLxQ0, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ3Xs86Io00, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTMwAWL1l5A.

What kind of art style are you looking for?

Since the plot is rather futuristic and dystopian, you'll need to draw for me CGs with destroyed skyscrapers, arid lands, overcrowded burial ground and the death itself (on this one you'll get later the information that are needed). Skycrapers: http://brianandrew.files.wordpress.com/ ... a-op02.jpg, http://coolvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... y-hall.jpg, arid lands: http://bmmua.com/wp-content/uploads/200 ... alzari.jpg (I didn't find any in anime style, but it's just for reference anyways), burial ground: http://i37.tinypic.com/14ajw2q.jpg, http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd19 ... r123/8.jpg. The art style that I'd love to have on this project is this - oil painting. I just love it, it looks so nice: http://www.fantom-xp.com/de_12_~_Autumn ... nting.html, http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/ ... 5201et.jpg, but of course I'm totally fine with a realistic art style too. It would be just perfect, if you could do both styles. :D

You could post some of your friend's character designs.

Yes, I'll do so later, but only later because he is not completely finished with the first character yet. I don't like to show unfinished works around.

What's the wordcount of your work at the moment, and what do you expect it to be upon completion?

It'll depend on various factors, like music, art and my overall contentment with the commitment of the members and my writing.

About the payment that you mentioned earlier...

Everyone will get a specially designed contract with the percentage of the profits, and will be paid through PayPal. Your percentage depends on various factors, like how much did you work, how much was the team content with your work and the like. You'll evaluate everyone's works, and based on the results, your percentage will be determined.
Last edited by Zypharium on Fri May 03, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

lemuel
Regular
Projects: What is Life When the Golden is Gone?

Re: Will you be the persons that I'm looking for?

#2 Post by lemuel »

What good fortune. I am looking for a project team upon which to serve as proofreader. If you like, I can provide a sample of my writing/editing style before we discuss terms.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

You may want to share the VNs you've already written with others, even if they lack sound or artwork, just to give them a feeling for your storytelling. This might convince people to join your new project.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Zypharium

#4 Post by Zypharium »

Yes, I could do so, but the problem is that I wrote every visual novel in German; there won't be anybody who could read it here anyway? I'll think about it, but I don't really like to post my complete stories on the internet. I can give a summary in English, sure, but I don't think that that will be enough.

Thanks for your comment, I'll nevertheless consider your suggestion. :)

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#5 Post by Tag- »

Hey there, it seems like you've posted a pretty informative thread, but I believe there might be a few details that, if included, could aid you in finding the right people, or helping the right people find you :D.

First of all, what will the workload be looking like for the CG artist? How many CGs will they be expected to draw, and within what time frame, if applicable? The same goes for the composer. How many tracks will be needed? What kinds of music will you need? Giving details about the potential workload (an approximation is fine) will let the artists know how much time they will need to commit to a project, and reduce the chances of someone dropping out due to lack of time.

It is also a good idea to state what kind of art style are you looking for. If you are not fussed, perhaps you can think about which art styles you think would be suitable for the atmosphere of your project. Alternatively, you could post some of your friend's character designs so that potential artists who have a similar style can apply to avoid massive clashes in art style.

And finally, how much work has already been completed? What's the wordcount of your work at the moment, and what do you expect it to be upon completion?
PM me if needed

Cinto
Regular
Tumblr: geckcellent.tumblr.com

#6 Post by Cinto »

Hello, I can see you've already had an offer for a proofreader, by that I assume you mean only grammar, spelling, and the like? If you mean programming...well...

Anyway. Assuming that I'm right, I would love to be part of your team, because your novel sounds quite interesting (for that matter, you seem quite interesting as well). I have minimal editing experience, but I've previously edited a short book of sorts that was later published. I would gladly work for free, as well. :)

Zypharium

#7 Post by Zypharium »

Tag-, I've added your questions to my introduction post, thanks for it. I'm really impressed by the brisk commitment and interest of you all, that's really what I wanted. Now I'll wait until some of the members that I'm looking for assemble around here. Cinto, yes you're assuming right, that's his job. There is always a free seat for you, what would you like to do? Have you experience with iOS programing or in what way would you like to help me? :)

Mithfalath
Projects: Currently writing a light novel

#8 Post by Mithfalath »

I must say I like your choices of sample BGMusic. :) Good luck on this, looks interesting. :)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#9 Post by Taleweaver »

Zypharium wrote:Yes, I could do so, but the problem is that I wrote every visual novel in German; there won't be anybody who could read it here anyway?
I suppose you haven't taken a closer look at my profile. Look again.

And I'm not the only one.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

zinillus

#10 Post by zinillus »

This sounds really neat! Can you link to a past work that would be a fair representation of your writing? Or maybe a small chapter of this current project?

Also, what exactly do you mean by CG? Character sprites? Backgrounds? Both?

Zypharium

#11 Post by Zypharium »

Character sprites are already in work and my friend will be finished with the first character in the next days. I'll think about releasing a chapter to let everyone see my writing, but at the moment I'm too busy with studies and polishing up the script. By CGs I mean backgrounds, my friend can draw them too, but like I said, it will be too much for him alone, and he doesn't like that much to draw CGs.

Tenken

#12 Post by Tenken »

You know, if I had the time I'd definitely write the BGM for you. If I might make a suggestion, music is highly subjective and varies for individuals, for example I don't find Snowfield from Clannad sad at all. And the piece from Kara no Shoujo is sort of relaxing. But given the context of your story, it just might work. Although I can't guarantee how organic it'll sound.
But 2 to 4 months for 15 tracks of music is decent, that's about 4-8 days a track. You'll probably have to account for whether the composer has other work he is doing or has a full time job. It'll probably take longer if that's the case. I'll pm you for some of the other questions I've got.

Zypharium

#13 Post by Zypharium »

Finally, the time is ripe to show the first character!
Attachments
Maincharakter-1.jpg

DaveMeister34

#14 Post by DaveMeister34 »

Good Evening. My name is David Obaniyi. I'm a composer as well as an orchestrator. I was wondering if I could apply my services to write music in any style for your needs.

Here are some samples of my works:

http://www.soundclick.com/ bands/default.cfm?bandID= 1273590

https://soundcloud.com/davemeister34

http://www.reverbnation.com/control_roo ... 2731/songs

Thank you very much and hope to hear from you very soon.

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#15 Post by pickle131 »

If you end up needing any English voice actors, I'd be happy to try out c:
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]