Desperately need a coder and BG artist [unpaid for both ): ]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

Desperately need a coder and BG artist [unpaid for both ): ]

#1 Post by merdeamour »

Hey, my name is Ching! (: I'm currently looking for a coder for my game. I may sound pretty vague, but that's because I only know the basics about coding, and nothing else. I wish I could study more about coding, but university life is pretty hectic and isn't letting up any. Between school and my freelance writing stint online AND making this game, I really have to ask for someone to code the game. The game is an otome, and probably the most I'll be requiring a coder to do is customizing game menus (note, that's the "most" part--that really isn't necessary, but it would be nice to have those).

I need a BG artist, too. I understand that being a BG artist is hard work, and that it would seem doubly hard because there's no pay. But I really would appreciate a BG artist who would work for free...

As for the story, here's a little bit of the prologue to pique your interest in this project of mine.

Prologue

There was once a girl called Siran.

Actually, she was a princess... but no ordinary princess, at that.

You could say that she was more of an ordinary person than an extraordinary one.

She was extra ordinary.

What a difference a space between two words make, eh?

Yet there WAS one thing that made Siran special, even if she didn’t know of it herself.

She loved spinning the tapestries of tales, telling stories to herself.

It was all she was good at--she was neither pretty nor skilled at weaving, pottery, or any other art. She wasn’t a diplomat.

In short, she had no qualities that distinguished her as a princess.

She discovered that she could weave her tales into being, from the very fabric of her imagination.

She created two special friends, Siri and Alcin, to be her companions and the friends she never has the chance to make.

None in the court know of this talent, and even her parents think her dull. As the eldest child, she is expected to be the Crown Princess--but her father the king promised her hand to the prince of a foreign land, a way of establishing a fragile peace after a bloody war.

And so, our story begins... in a dark forest, in a country still held in fear by the threat of war...

...With a princess who must somehow turn the tables on an enemy she never knew could exist.

-The MC is a princess called Siran, who is sent off to marry the prince of a neighboring kingdom who has recently waged war with Siran's kingdom. Siran can "create" things with her imagination, but to a limited extent (she can't make her dreams come true, for example). Her biggest creations were her best friends, Siri and Alcin, who embody the qualities Siran wishes she has for herself.

The conflict in the story is not about Siran's arranged marriage to a prince she doesn't know. Siran encounters a bloodbane witch who takes her place as the princess and masquerades as her. The witch, Illace, wants to control both Siran's country and the prince's. Siran has to reveal who Illace really is--but how can she, when even she can't convince herself that she's truly a princess?
I set it in a medieval fantasy world. The story is a bit dark, but that doesn't mean that the BGs I'm looknig for are all gothic and dark, too. I've looked around the Creative Commons forum, but I can't find BGs that fit the story. I really hope someone can help.

*As of now, the team consists of me (the writer) and Ant-san, who is making the sprites (beautiful ones they are, too... I just can't post them here yet) and CGs. The story is originally a book I've been writing, so only one path out of three has been completed. You can say that the writing is 33% done. I'll be putting in a lot of work before the month ends, however, so I can finish the game's script before school starts (:

Anyone who's interested can PM me or post here. Thank you! (:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I've gotten both a BG artist and a programmer! Thank you, guys! (:
Last edited by merdeamour on Fri May 10, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

Re: Desperately need a coder and BG artist [unpaid for both

#2 Post by Talann »

I do coding and all however, I am a beginner. I know the basics and some more stuff. But do not expect me to be a professional. Anyhow, I would love to help :3