Background Artist and Musician Paid/Unpaid.

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Vialixia
Regular

Background Artist and Musician Paid/Unpaid.

#1 Post by Vialixia »

Hello everyone,

Currently I'm working on two Visual Novel games that require some work. One of them will be a free project, the other paid. I have experience in the game industry, and I'm currently a full time development tester for Ubisoft. I've loved designing games since I was a kid, and in my projects I'm responsible for design, partially the writing, the GUI, financing and scripting. If you'd like to see my portfolio/blog, it's here: http://slblake.blogspot.co.uk/

The first project is Idol-eyes. See the information here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=19430 This is potentially a commerical project but, since it's my first that really depends on the outcome. Having seen the development of the project, I'm actually considering releasing it for free rather than paid, but we can talk about that if neccessary.

I'm looking for a paid background artist; I'd want around 10 varied backgrounds, with some special requirements. I can provide a list if you PM me. Please message me with your past work, your experience and also your rates. It's also likely the project will expand and need more than 10, but 10 is a starting point at this moment, so I'd need an artist that is open to expansion and a lot of work ahead! This project is on a schedule, also, so should you be hired we'd also need to discuss the current schedule and how feasable it would be for you.

I'm looking for a paid musician, to create a title sequence theme for Idol-eyes. I'd really want a high quality and recognisable audio track that is the signature for the game. Again, please PM me with your portfolio and rates, and I can give you the details of the track.

I'm looking also for an unpaid musician, looking to gain experience and expand their portfolio, to create some basic, simple, sci-fi themed background loops for Idol-eyes. Please contact me with your portfolio.

The second project is Hoshigawa High, http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=19681 a free android project that's in progress.

All the roles in this project will be unpaid.

I'd like a background artist for this project, maybe someone who is inexperienced and looking to gain more exposure or expand their portfolio. Because it's an android project it'll need some special requirements in terms of sizing and scaling. If you message me, I can give you a list of backgrounds that are wanted for the project.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!

Thank you very much,

Vi.

Vialixia
Regular

Re: Background Artist and Musician Paid/Unpaid.

#2 Post by Vialixia »

Still looking for bg artist.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

Have you asked prospective BG artists directly? Like, PMed them or went to deviantart and mailed people saying they're open for commissions? It always worked for me.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Fastspeedy
Projects: Leave the World Behind

#4 Post by Fastspeedy »

You only need BG artists at the moment? Or CG and sprite artists as well? I do have experience drawing characters and CGs.

curseofmight
Projects: Nakajo | Halloween Otome | Reminiscence | Reckoning | Among The Distant Stars

#5 Post by curseofmight »

If you're still looking for an unpaid musician, I'd love to offer my services. You can hear some of my work here: https://soundcloud.com/tyler-thompson-audio

And if you'd like to hear more I can always send you my demo folder via e-mail or something.

Thanks!

-Tyler Thompson

Vialixia
Regular

#6 Post by Vialixia »

@Taleweaver, yeah, we've messaged quite a number of people who we know both personally and from the online art community. We've looked at some portfolios, but we would like to have a variety of options if possible. Having someone who has specifically worked on Visual Novel games is a plus.

@Fastspeedy We only need background artists at the moment; we already have a sprite artist.

@Tyler, we really liked your work and we think it'd be very suited to our Hoshigawa High project. Your music has some really nice melodies and would suit that type of project very much, would you be interested in working with us on that?

curseofmight
Projects: Nakajo | Halloween Otome | Reminiscence | Reckoning | Among The Distant Stars

#7 Post by curseofmight »

Vialixia wrote: @Tyler, we really liked your work and we think it'd be very suited to our Hoshigawa High project. Your music has some really nice melodies and would suit that type of project very much, would you be interested in working with us on that?
Of course! I just checked it out! Could you PM me with some details including: how many songs you want, what style/emotion you would like, and when you need them by I would love to help out! :)

Fastspeedy
Projects: Leave the World Behind

#8 Post by Fastspeedy »

I see. I could try making the BGs for you guys. I've had a couple tries in the past, so I'm sure I could offer something good.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#9 Post by Taleweaver »

I can also heartily recommend Badriel; he works really fast and has good prices.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Vialixia
Regular

#10 Post by Vialixia »

Thank you Taleweaver; I'm in talks with him now, really liked the work and will be able to get some good interiors from this.

@Fastspeedy, do you have any examples? :)

Korochi
Regular

#11 Post by Korochi »

is position for paid musician closed?