Looking for web designer.

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
ssbtd

Looking for web designer.

#1 Post by ssbtd »

Hi,

I am looking for someone to collaborate on a little project that i wanna do. Nothing expensive cos it's just a small project.
If you know Java/Javascript, PHP, CSS, C++ or HTML, it will be great.

Email me or msg me: socalhunters@gmail.com

Best regards,
S.Todd

*edit*
Locked this topic since it has been abused by spammers, and because this recruitment request isn't related to any sort of story-based games or VNs.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

Re: Looking for web designer.

#2 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Everyone always ignores it, but you should read this topic: http://direct-lemmasoft.renai.us/forums ... 38&t=14462

You will be able to generate more interest if you can describe your project in more detail.

"I have a project, please do work for me" isn't so appealing to other people.

Hope you'll find someone though.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#3 Post by Tempus »

If you're looking for a web designer, this sentence, "Java/Javascript, PHP, CSS, C++ or HTML" should be something more like "HTML and CSS, and maybe Javascript, PHP"; I don't see why a web designer would necessarily need to know Java or C++. Is there a specific reason you listed Java and C++? Also, Java and Javascript are different and should not be listed as though they're interchangeable. Also, also, the way the sentence is phrased it makes it sound like the designer only needs to know one of those languages; they should at least know HTML and CSS. Lastly, is this person supposed to be designing the site, implementing it, or both? Because an artist or someone using Dreamweaver can design a site without any knowledge of the above languages.

Sorry for coming off as so critical, but I think having clearer requirements will help you recruit. It may actually be a better idea to concisely list the things needed for the site, rather than list the languages. Good luck.
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

Fleeples
Projects: If!Girl

#4 Post by Fleeples »

Yeah, I'd agree that you need to spill some more detail there. I do web design, and I might be interested, but at the moment I have no idea whether I can do what you're asking or not, and I don't like leaping into discussions blind. Nor do a lot of people. <3 Best of luck.