Looking for VAs [Paid, Any Level of Exp] Important Update

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

Re: Looking for Voice Actors [Paid, Any Level of Experience]

#46 Post by naqlada »

Looking forward to hearing more about this in the near future!

ariana.ravensford
Regular
Projects: Morpheandir Tales

Re: Looking for Voice Actors [Paid, Any Level of Experience]

#47 Post by ariana.ravensford »

Important Update - 8/24/2013

Alright, I thought that I should post an update here since it has been quite a while and I'm sure everyone's been waiting for a response from me:

My laptop literally snapped in half, as in, the screen popped off of the lower part of where the keyboard is, and I only just today was able to replace it. I did lose pretty much all of the work in which that dealt with the game, as in the coding, script, backgrounds, and plot tree. Despite all of this, I still am planning to create this game and am going to be working on it even harder due to this unexpected event. Right now I am considering splitting the game up into chapters, which I would still like VAs for. Because of that, right now, I'm going to change the available roles to be filled right now to what is shown in the demo, and the audition lines are the ones seen in the demo for the various characters. I am planning to extend the length of the demo itself and in order to cut down the time I take to make backgrounds, instead of doing a more realism effect, I am going to try to draw them in an anime style, something that I haven't really done before, but I'm sure will take less time than the weeks it would take to replace/redo all the base backgrounds and variations.

As a whole, this is what I have on my docket to work on in order of priority, knowing my time restrictions with work and school, and also knowing how fast I can work:

1- I will be remaking all of the backgrounds. I am going to wager a guess that this will take 2-3 weeks due to no longer doing a realism effect.
2- I will be recoding the demo and rescripting it to make it longer and more in depth. I am hoping that by this point, with all of your cooperation and support, I will have the VAs for the characters shown in this part of the game. A relaunch of the demo will be made after this is all done.
3- I'll be working on rewriting and recoding the rest of the game.

These are the current characters that can be auditioned for:
Mika Cassian
Rose Durante
Lance Edevane
Jason Tsukigami
Vincent Carter

Yes, this still is a paid job. I will update this post later tonight when I get home with more information about the characters that can be auditioned for in this point in time. Again, the audition lines are their lines in the current demo. I truly apologize for having taken so long to respond to this post again and hope that you all will understand why this project is taking a bit longer than anticipated. Good luck to all of you who decide to audition, and I hope to hear from you all soon.
Current Project~
The Morpheandir Tales: Tome of the Lost
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=20262
Please come take a look and provide feedback, especially on the questions I pose, since this is the first game I'm making!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Looking for VAs [Paid, Any Level of Exp] Important Updat

#49 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I remember sending a demo reel for this, and I think audition lines. Do I need to send them again?
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

ariana.ravensford
Regular

#50 Post by ariana.ravensford »

As for a deadline, I'm going to say the deadline will be September 27th. As for the demo reel, I may still have it so I'll take a look for you and get back to you on that.
Current Project~
Please come take a look and provide feedback, especially on the questions I pose, since this is the first game I'm making!

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#51 Post by pickle131 »

I'll wait until some smaller roles are up to send something in C:
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

ariana.ravensford
Regular

#52 Post by ariana.ravensford »

Another Important Update, 8/27/2013

To all those who sent in voice clips to my email address, I still have them in their entirety and you do not need to send in another voice sample for your audition.

As stated a few posts back, the deadline for auditions is now set to September 27th, and in order to audition unless you have already sent me a voice sample with lines that I sent a while back, you need to download the demo I currently have and for each role you wish to audition for right now, you are to choose your own set from lines that the character has in the demo. Please send all clips to my email address: lordofmagicandmystery@gmail.com

Additional Information About Characters

Mika Cassian - Unlike the stereotypical female protagonist, Mika is very much more into doing things herself rather than letting others do them for her. Though she may seem a bit mean at times, it's more of a she's not afraid to speak her mind about most things and is quite blunt about how she views things. As time passes in the game, it is evident that she is very devoted to her friends and willing to risk her life for them, even if she does sometimes have problems with voicing just how much she cares about other people. The reason why she has issues about revealing her own emotions in regards to people she cares about is due to circumstances in her life, primarily her parents' divorce where she felt that her pleas to them were ignored, and the friends that she was close to for the most part either drifted away over the years, moving on to other groups, or else they moved away, such as Lance did. After all of those broken relationships, she developed into how you see her in the game: being blunt about how she views things, but also quite guarded when it comes to how she feels about other people.

Voice Type: Female, mid range, though I don't mind having slightly higher or slightly lower, may have a slight accent in her voice due to her moving from another country and the language spoken not necessarily being her native language.

Rose Durante – Rose Durante is an upperclassman girl who is rather nice to the younger girls, several of them idolizing her. She treats them all as younger sisters, remembering the rough time she had when she was just starting out at a new school. However, she does have a tendency to toss that notion to the side when there is a good-looking guy around. Though she may seem quite superficial, worried about all the latest trends and the grapevine, the truth is that she is that she does this all in hopes of making her parents proud of her, as they always compare her to her brother, who never has had any problems fitting in or finding his own niche. The sad truth in her family is that her brother is the favorite, and Rose is always second place, not seeming to do anything right in their eyes, hence why she strives to do everything she can to be more like her brother, even if it means abandoning herself little by little in the process, as she believes that her parents' acceptance of her would make her happy.

Voice Type: Female, low to mid range, as she should seem older than most of the other females shown in the game.

Lance Edevane – Lance Edevane, by canon storyline standards, was one of Mika's friends before he moved away due to his father being in the military. Though he seems happy-go-lucky and upbeat, that's only when he notices Mika there as he was still in her class during the time her parents got divorced, so he knows that it was hard on her and she could probably appreciate an old friend trying to make her smile. His true nature, as Mika sometimes sees traces of when asking more in depth questions about him or when she sees him around campus and he doesn't realize she's there, is much quieter and more withdrawn from others than the other guys. It is rumored in the game that he put one of the football to players in a coma that lasted for three weeks, but there seems to be no evidence as to whether those claims are true or not. Either way, it is evident that the amount of gossip about him is why he tends to stay away from others, perhaps as a way to try to shield them from any negative perceptions about their own selves.

Voice Type: Male, mid range, may have a sort of accent in his voice due to him not being from the country that the game takes place in and the language may not be his native one.

Jason Tsukigami – Jason Tsukigami is an upperclassman who is one of the students in charge of Mika's dorm. He always seems to be busy doing something or another... but mainly working on some top secret project it seems. Jason has a tendency to seem aloof towards others for the most part, but a good majority of it is him just not wanting to be bothered by other people's problems, since for whatever reason, they tend to flock to him, and he really doesn't have the time to walk every person through their problems, hoping that instead they might just take the time to think and figure it out for themselves. It is stated that Jason is quite the athlete, and although that is true, it is only because he pushes himself to his limits in order to try to train himself in preparation for potential obstacles in his way to obtaining his true goal in Morpheandir, something that he's devoted his life to and will stop at nothing to achieve.

Voice Type: Male, mid to low range.

Vincent Carter – Vincent is by far the most intellectual of the bunch, as evidenced by the notion that even though he's only a junior, he's already working as an assistant to one of the teachers. However, despite his intelligence, he really has no idea on how to deal with more social matters, hence him just bringing up the first things that come into his mind when he first meets someone until he starts to become more comfortable around that person, which is when he can finally hold a decent conversation that doesn't just trail off onto more random topics, since at that point, his nerves don't get to him as much. Despite this... the topics that he does get on, though random and out of the blue, actually are quite important things to discuss or change game events, hinting that there may be a method to his madness, perhaps a bit of foresight.

Voice Type: Male, mid range, though I don't mind having the voice slightly higher or lower than just mid range.

And, I believe that covers it all. I'll also put this new information in the first post to ensure that all can see it. As I recover more of what was lost, I'll be holding more auditions for other characters. Oh, and if anyone would like a few of the nonnamed character parts, there are three of each gender available during this audition as well, so just state in the message when you send me your audition for one of the other characters that you would not mind being cast as one of them either.
Current Project~

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#53 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I should play the demo again and audition again, since I remember sending lines via PM, I think (I don't remember if it went through or not).
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

ariana.ravensford
Regular

#54 Post by ariana.ravensford »

I found your PM with the clips so you're good to go. ^^
Current Project~

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#55 Post by pickle131 »

(Sorry if I missed it somewhereor asked before, I have a migraine.) Will this be full game voiced, or only rections/certain scenes? Just trying to figure out how much work it would be.
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

ariana.ravensford
Regular

#56 Post by ariana.ravensford »

I'm planning on having the game fully voiced, but I'm considering breaking everything down into chapters. People are more than welcome to provide their opinion on that in my WIP thread for the game, since so far only one person has responded.
Current Project~

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#57 Post by Sayashiro »

Sent an e-mail your way!
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

#58 Post by naqlada »

ariana.ravensford wrote:I'm planning on having the game fully voiced, but I'm considering breaking everything down into chapters.
I prefer full scripts, but it's your show. Also, with 5 main chars, and a few minor roles (in the demo) this will keep the work load manageable while you finish up backgrounds, etc.

inohatake14
Regular
Projects: Stained with Magic

#59 Post by inohatake14 »

Awwwhhh Man! i turn my back for one minute and this thread is bursting again! Haha, anyway... you said the audition lines are in the demo, but that quite a handful for some characters... Does that mean we should pick? Also, i sent some clips to you a few months ago, but since then I've gotten a new mic and things have changed drastically- I'm hoping you'll forgo those old clips and just think of these new lines. It's nice hearing from you- though, I'm sorry about your laptop. :c
-Needs to buy a tablet :( - Also if you specialize in backgrounds and take requests and/or want to partner up on a project, hit me up! ;)

ariana.ravensford
Regular

#60 Post by ariana.ravensford »

Yes, as I believe I mentioned, you get to choose your own from the demo. I was thinking between 2 and 5 per audition per character. I'll just forgo your old lines since that's what you requested, so no worries on that. :)
Current Project~