Let's make a team of newbies! [closed]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
CherryB

Let's make a team of newbies! [closed]

#1 Post by CherryB »

Hi! I've been thinking about this for a while but I really, really want to make a visual novel, or an otome game! I just want to make something like that. But since my drawing skills are seriously laughable, I thought it would be a better idea to make a team! I'm looking for newbies because:

1. I cannot pay you

2. I've never done this before

3. I have never done this before

And I am confident we can all get better with time and work :o

So! I am looking for an artist (edit: gulabji), a background artist (edit: Shiroisalva5), a composer (edit: TerracottaPie ) , a programmer (edit: XDarkinfinityX) and a co-writer (edit: Ramunai).

I am a writer myself but, if it wasn't obvious already, English isn't my first language.

Ah also, I haven't thought of a plot yet, only it has to have romance in it, definitely! I love pretty much all genre except maybe mystery, but if that's really what you're interested in I don't mind really

Anyway, hopefully this can work! You can contact me here or you can also message me if that's what you want!

—CherryB
Last edited by CherryB on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

Re: Let's make a team of newbies!

#2 Post by merdeamour »

I think a lot more people would be attracted to this if you posted a sample of your writing style/a site where we can see your work :D
I am a writer myself but, if it wasn't obvious already, English isn't my first language.
English isn't my first language, either, but I'm sure you can overcome that easily! :D I mean, I only spotted a few mistakes from your post (: Keep it up.
I love pretty much all genre except maybe mystery, but if that's really what you're interested in I don't mind really.
Hmm, I think that you, as the writer, should write what you're comfortable with. Since you're just starting out with your first VN, maybe you should write in the genre that you're most comfortable/familiar with. That's only my opinion, though. Wishing you all the best in finding a team and releasing a VN!
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

PyroTyguy
Regular
Projects: [working on]: Spring Breeze
Organization: Home-room interactive: Teams 1&2

#3 Post by PyroTyguy »

CherryB wrote: 2. I've never done this before

Starting up a team can be pretty hard, I knew i had troubles with mine. If you ever have any questions about anything feel free to ask.

And with that I wish you the best luck in your future of Vn creation from all of Homeroom Interactive.
Welcome to Lemasoft.
I am the Former H-R Interactive but have changed username to PyroTyguy
Image Image Image

owlcity89
Projects: Schein, Finding My Wings

#4 Post by owlcity89 »

My advice would be to think of a plot (or at least an idea for a plot) and instead of having people come to you. You go find yourself some team mates. There are a lot of people wanting to hop onto a project so go check them out first and if you still need some additional team members, then I would say try recruiting. That's how I found my co-writer, who posted a thread in Recruitment. It's much easier to do that and evaluate their skills and see if that's what you can work with. Furthermore, you do not need all you team members at once. You can also start a project up without all the team members. I'd say you at least need a writer and an artist. The rest you can do along the way, especially programmers because they need script and art to work with before they can do anything. Also even if you are a writer I highly recomend having a co-writer or at least a proof reader. They are good people to bounce ideas off of and will be able to help you with any grammar or language mistakes. Good luck!

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#5 Post by Kato »

PyroTyguy wrote:
CherryB wrote: 2. I've never done this before

Starting up a team can be pretty hard, I knew i had troubles with mine.
Oh how I feel ya! Starting out as a programmer with with little experience and an idea floating around, I didn't think I would ever get to the point of forming BSG, but here we are. :lol:

Best advice I can give you is to try be as realistic as you can when setting goals for you VN (especially in regards to length and complexity). But as Pyro said, if you ever need a helping hand or advice just ask. Plenty of people here have participated in, if not began a team project so there won't be any shortage of advice coming your way if you need it.

As far as the recruiting goes, the more information the better. Perhaps finding your co-writer and working out the story details before hunting down the rest of the team? Though the project being primarily for experience might turn up a few volunteers, try not to get discouraged if it takes a little while, people might just be a little hesitant to jump aboard a project in the pre-planning stage. :wink:

Either way, I wish you luck finding your team and welcome to the forum! :D
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

CherryB

#6 Post by CherryB »

Thanks everyone! It's nice to see so many people ready to help us!

IefaSan
Projects: I'm willing to help anyone with their projects! PM me if you want to use my help. I can help with: plot, dialogue, a tester or script (but my English is not really good). Or if you just want someone to help you with anything, just PM me... ^_^

#7 Post by IefaSan »

Interesting!

I'm happy to help you if you want. So far, I think maybe I can help you as a co-writer? Or maybe help you to find some ideas or plot. I wrote fanfictions before but it kinda sucks. But if you want to read, I will give the link to you.
"Because what's worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?" - James Patterson, 'The Angel Experiment '

XDarkinfinityX
Completed: None
Projects: Demon {-} , Mini Maiden.
IRC Nick: Very Inanimate Object

#8 Post by XDarkinfinityX »

I am also beginner, I`d like to help however I can. I am at least somewhat experienced in programming( I can do basics, and with practice probably more) I can try my best to help if you`ll accept me into your team.

kuri_chii
Regular
Completed: RHWIMY beta 1.0
Projects: Right here where I met you, Love Snatch, Monarchy High
Organization: VND - AWA
IRC Nick: Kuri
Deviantart: franzzzz002

#9 Post by kuri_chii »

I can be a programmer :) Im glad to be in the team or help :) just PM me :)
The best way showing your feelings is to write Novel Stories :3
DeviantArt | Monarchy High | RHWIMY | Love Snatch

_Shiro_
Regular
Projects: 6 days

#10 Post by _Shiro_ »

I also can be a programmer, i have some basic experience about coding and i worked with novelty for awhile.
And i can help out with character drawing too as long as your style is not too shoujo-ish, but my drawing is not very great either ( im a newbie afterall ).
I would be very happy if you accept me into your group, i still have much to learn and i think this would be a great place for all of us to gain experience.
Pls pm me or contact me via my FB: Worldcomic Kate.

Thank you very much and wish you best of luck xD

CherryB

#11 Post by CherryB »

Thanks everyone but we have already found everybody we needed! Good luck with your future projects!

_Shiro_
Regular
Projects: 6 days

#12 Post by _Shiro_ »

Awww, what a waste, i really wanted to join you guys, but it can't be helped xD, thank you and i wish you and your group best of luck xD

kuri_chii
Regular
Completed: RHWIMY beta 1.0
Projects: Right here where I met you, Love Snatch, Monarchy High
Organization: VND - AWA
IRC Nick: Kuri
Deviantart: franzzzz002

#13 Post by kuri_chii »

is that so? well put this thread into [close] :D
The best way showing your feelings is to write Novel Stories :3
DeviantArt | Monarchy High | RHWIMY | Love Snatch