VN Editor Wanted

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
CCheshire

VN Editor Wanted

#1 Post by CCheshire »

Hello,

I'm looking for a editor for my VN. If anyone is interested please send a PM and I'll show you the WIP VN script. Thanks.
CCheshire wrote: Story: It's the final year of high school for Linette and everyone is preparing for their colleges in the upcoming fall semester. So far, she's been accepted to her first choice for college, but due to the high cost of tuition she might have to reconsider.

Luckily, it looks like her late relative has left her the old apartment where she used to live.
Inside the old apartment she finds an android, who tells her about the full inheritance, but its memory is damaged due to poor maintenance. Linette has until the end of the summer to solve her money problems and maybe learn about her aunt's research.

---
Setting: As technology advances in the future, people have come to accept robotic PETs as replacements for mobile technology. PETs are capable of information searches, researches, taking phone calls, GPS, and other useful features. They connect to the user's home network and essentially a part of their online persona too.

One day Lin finds a PET that's not based off an animal, but instead it's an old prototype of a android in her Aunt's old home. Why exactly did her aunt leave her this android and what was she researching?

---
Characters:

Linette "Lin": Currently, the protagonist of the story and she has a pessimistic outlook on life and tends to jump to conclusions easily. She is envious of her older brother Leon, who is known for his independent research on robotics as a college student. Her PET is Vin, a small bird that follows her around and helps her with information searches.

Alex: Lin's childhood friend, who was already accepted to the same college, but unlike her he has received a full-ride scholarship. He's known for being a resourceful person and often gives out advice to his friends. He specializes researching old technology and his interests are visiting flea markets and watching historical shows.

Rook: The amnesiac android that used to be a research assistant to Lin's Aunt. His memory is partially corrupted, but he can still do basic tasks on his own. He's an older model, so he's not always connected to the Network like all the PETs.
Last edited by CCheshire on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CCheshire

Re: VN Editor Wanted [closed]

#2 Post by CCheshire »

Still looking for one editor for last route =)

Mimrose
Regular
Projects: Bitter Honey (Writer)

Re: VN Editor Wanted

#3 Post by Mimrose »

What genre is your VN?

Need a writer or editor? Check out my recruitment page here! (Currently accepting short edit jobs, but closed as a writer)

Visit my tumblr for reviews about otome games, smexy pixel men, random reblogs, and fanfics! :D [/color]

CCheshire

#4 Post by CCheshire »

Mimrose wrote:What genre is your VN?
science fiction/Mystery

Mimrose
Regular
Projects: Bitter Honey (Writer)

#5 Post by Mimrose »

Darn, I would love to help edit but Mystery and Sci Fi are some of my weaker points :( Sorry!!

Need a writer or editor? Check out my recruitment page here! (Currently accepting short edit jobs, but closed as a writer)

Visit my tumblr for reviews about otome games, smexy pixel men, random reblogs, and fanfics! :D [/color]

CCheshire

#6 Post by CCheshire »

Mimrose wrote:Darn, I would love to help edit but Mystery and Sci Fi are some of my weaker points :( Sorry!!
It's alright, thanks for your interest anyways :>

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#7 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

You may get more bites if you put some information about your WiP.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Aux10

#8 Post by Aux10 »

Sound's interesting, can you post more details such as your expectations, time table, what you need out of your editor, length, etc. Details of the job are important.

CCheshire

#9 Post by CCheshire »

Aux10 wrote:Sound's interesting, can you post more details such as your expectations, time table, what you need out of your editor, length, etc. Details of the job are important.
Expectations:
_I'd prefer it if the editor be easily reached for questions or comments.
_Work in a timely manner
_Access to Word or google Drive

Time Table:
_I live on EST so it'd be easier if they lived in the same or close to it

Requirements
_Good to Great understanding of grammar and writing mechanics
_general interest in storyline
_Familiarity with writing VN scripts

Length
_Each route is about 6-7 pages long in script format
_Common route is only 3-4 pages
_Game length is around 15 min-30 min