Artist for Hire [Type-Moon Inspired]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Fastspeedy
Projects: Leave the World Behind

Artist for Hire [Type-Moon Inspired]

#1 Post by Fastspeedy »

Hello, guys!
I'm a freelancer artist, wanting to start earning my money through art only; it's partly an option, but mostly not (I'm currently unemployed and I can't find a job). I've always been a fan of Type-Moon, since I saw my brother playing the Fate/Stay Night VN. I've also watched Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero, as well as played Melty Blood quite a bit.

What really inspired me to start drawing (I draw since I was 15, today I am 22) was the Type-Moon coloring and posing style they use for their VNs. I'm amazed with how much detail they can put in a single manga styled picture. And that's what I've been trying to learn by myself through the years. I do have a story of my own, Leave the World Behind, but that is on hold for now.

I think that's enough for an introduction, and you may be bored by now, so let's show some stuff I can do, right?

This is my original character, Arieliz. She is from my story. The background wasn't drawn by me, please notice. But I can do backgrounds as well:

This one is the same girl. Again, the background is NOT mine. I just thought they looked good together:

This is another character of mine. I can draw anthros too, if your story may need them:

And this one is an example of CG I can make:

Of course and unfortunately, I'm not going to work on a VN for free. As said before, I'm living from my art only, so I need to get paid for my drawings. I promise to do my best, of course, but I won't do it for free, I'm sorry...
I'm open to discuss prices and the like through PMs. As a base, a CG picture like that one would cost around $70 (since it's a lot of work). However, since a VN needs lots of images, I will lower the price per image, or I may charge per time spent drawing. Please remember that I, too, have bills to pay, so don't come asking me to help with your VN if you can't pay upfront. It does sound jerkish, but you'd understand if you were in the same situation as me...

Anyways, if you have questions about my art, feel free to ask! And if you want more examples of what I can draw, please visit my dA: here.

Thanks for reading until here!
Speedy~

EDIT: As examples of prices, I have:

For character sprites:

-Full colored character with basic expression changes set: $30
-Full colored character with extensive expression changes set: $40
-Full colored character with basic body movement (arms, head) set: $30
-Full colored character, basic expression changes + basic body movement set: $50

For backgrounds and CGs:
-Full colored background: $50
-Full colored CG: $70

As said before, if you plan on hiring me to work on your VN, the prices will go down a bit, since it's a lot of pictures, and I understand no one would pay thousands of bucks to get some pictures.
Last edited by Fastspeedy on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

Re: Artist for Hire [Type-Moon Inspired]

#2 Post by AngelicBlood »

Bump!Good luck on getting hired. :)

Fastspeedy

#3 Post by Fastspeedy »

Still offering my skills for hire ^^

tnm6
Regular
Projects: Among the Distant Stars, Stained with Magic, The Remembrance Trilogy: Reminiscence
Organization: Anansi Media

#4 Post by tnm6 »

Wow that CG looks amazing!

Anyway, could you post additional details about your comission fees (i.e. the cost for a character sprite with a base emotion set). I'm sure you have it on your DA page, but it might be easier having it on the recruitment post as well :)

Fastspeedy

#5 Post by Fastspeedy »

tnm6 wrote:Wow that CG looks amazing!

Anyway, could you post additional details about your comission fees (i.e. the cost for a character sprite with a base emotion set). I'm sure you have it on your DA page, but it might be easier having it on the recruitment post as well :)
Added those ^^