Free Writer for Hire! [Closed] [Open for Short Edit Jobs]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Mimrose
Regular
Projects: Bitter Honey (Writer)

Free Writer for Hire! [Closed] [Open for Short Edit Jobs]

#1 Post by Mimrose »

Hi! :D

It's nice to meet you all and thanks for taking the time to check out my post!

As the thread topic says, I'm currently interested in becoming a free writer for a VN or KN project.

I've decided to take a hiatus from a VN I had started working on about 2 months ago, due to difficulties finding artists and some severe cases of writer's block. I’ve decided to join a team or help out on a project to give myself some time to further develop my writing and get some more experience and confidence before restarting my own VN.

In terms of experience, I am a newbie when it comes to VN/KN projects, but I always want to improve myself and my writing.

In addition to writing, I am able to code on Ren'Py (dialogue scenes, choices, nothing too fancy) and would be happy to help with that if needed.

Here’s some info about me! :D

Topics I like writing:
-GxB
-BxB
-BxG
-Romance
-Fantasy
-Adventure

Topics I will not write under any circumstances (unless you are somehow able to offer me a unicorn or some other equally good bribe):
-Horror
-Mystery
-Extremely mature themes

My strengths in writing:
-I write with many details
-Character development
-Dialogue scenes
-Introspective scenes

My weaknesses in writing:

-Extremely graphic scenes
-Heavy action filled scenes

Once I have an idea, I am a fairly fast writer (in terms of how long it takes me to spin out a scene). My editing process takes a little bit longer though, and I normally follow the process below when writing (times are estimated on a 5k word scene):
-I will first write out the skeleton of the scene. Main dialogue, some details, etc. (~30 min-1 hour)
-I will go back and add in some background info of the characters or of the situation in the scene. (~30 min)
-I will go over my writing again to see if I can add in any extra details or extra pieces to further “decorate” the scene and make it more realistic. (~30-45 min)
-Finally, I will proofread for spelling/grammar mistakes. (~20-30 min)

Right now I don’t have anything on hand that I think are adequate samples/examples of my writing, so if you are interested and would like me to write a sample scene, please fill out the form below in a post or PM and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

You don’t have to fill out all the slots but the more information you are able to provide, the more I can display if my writing will be a good reflection of what I am able to create for you/what you are looking for!

Sample Request Form:
Theme/Genre:
Situation (A little background info to the scene):
Setting (Location)(Optional):
Character names (Optional):
Character background (Personality, etc.)(Optional):
Emotion (What do you want a reader to feel after reading the scene?):
Extra notes (Anything you feel that can help me write a better scene for you):

If you are interested, please post or send me a PM!

Unfortunately, if you are in a rush to find a writer, then I am probably not a good choice because I tend to like to write out my scenes and then take a fairly long time to proofread them and make them perfect. I am not very good at rush jobs.

My working pace is probably best described as deadline orientated-meaning you will let me know how much you need me to finish by a date, and I will finish it. I tend to procrastinate without a deadline, but I can sit down and find at least a few hours a week to write. I will let you know if your requests are a bit too much or if I can handle more :D

I’m excited to work with you!!!

Edit: I am working on a project currently, and so I will be closing for now. Feel free to still request me for sample scenes however, if you are interested in collaborating in the future! :)
Last edited by Mimrose on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Need a writer or editor? Check out my recruitment page here! (Currently accepting short edit jobs, but closed as a writer)

Visit my tumblr for reviews about otome games, smexy pixel men, random reblogs, and fanfics! :D [/color]

redcat
Regular

Re: Free Writer for Hire!~

#2 Post by redcat »

Hm... do you like to write a comedic story?
Meowwngg...??

Mimrose
Regular

#3 Post by Mimrose »

redcat wrote:Hm... do you like to write a comedic story?
Hi, thanks for your post! :D As for comedy, the humor I usually write are mainly sarcasm and not really "ha ha" funny, so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. If you have something in mind that you'd like me to try, let me know and I'd be happy to see what I can do! :)

Need a writer or editor? Check out my recruitment page here! (Currently accepting short edit jobs, but closed as a writer)

Visit my tumblr for reviews about otome games, smexy pixel men, random reblogs, and fanfics! :D [/color]

aphosphene
Regular
Projects: Between The Raindrops, red & clover

#4 Post by aphosphene »

Aw, I was looking for a co-writer for story with mature themes (nothing really sexual though), a bit of action and violence too. I can write but I'm not that experienced. Anyway, good luck. You sound good, so I hope people will hire you. :D
MY PROJECTS

This isn't vengeance. It's justice. A life for a life
Yes. This is justice. I raise the .45 to his face.
And the rest will be vengeance.

serendipity: (n.) finding something beautiful
without looking for it

Mimrose
Regular

#5 Post by Mimrose »

aphosphene wrote:Aw, I was looking for a co-writer for story with mature themes (nothing really sexual though), a bit of action and violence too. I can write but I'm not that experienced. Anyway, good luck. You sound good, so I hope people will hire you. :D
Thank you! :) I'm actually just about to get started on a humor/adventure/romance project with a group which I'm looking forward to! If you ever are looking for a writing partner in the future, I'd be happy to help! I'm just not very good at violence or fighting scenes, but I have written sexual content before (lime-esque).

Thank you for taking the time to post! :D