Reckoning: Sy-Fy SRPG/VN Looking for BG, CG, and GUI Artists

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
tnm6
Regular
Projects: Among the Distant Stars, Stained with Magic, The Remembrance Trilogy: Reminiscence
Organization: Anansi Media

Reckoning: Sy-Fy SRPG/VN Looking for BG, CG, and GUI Artists

#1 Post by tnm6 »

Hey guys! So one of the projects I've had a pleasure to work for is called "Reckoning." It's actually a Visual Novel and SRPG hybrid in that, while the story-telling takes place via Visual Novel norms, there are gameplay components in the form of tactical battles (think Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, etc.) Anyway, the project is one of several being undertaken by the development group Homeroom Interactive and, as a group of hobbyists, we are-unless given a very generous deal-unable to pay you for your services.

Now, if that sentence alone didn't dissuade your interest, let me tell you more about the game's production. As of now, we have: a writer (yours truly :D ), a programmer, a composer, and a sprite artist. However, we are still looking for the following:

1.) A BG and GUI artist
2.) A CG artist

So, if you're any of those, keep on reading as I tell you more about the game's premise and characters.

Game Synopsis

For nearly 15 years humanity has been subjected to the rule of another. The Ascended, an imperialistic race of aliens, invaded over a decade earlier and ruthlessly seized control of Earth. Now, as alien forces begin to colonize the planet, humanity has been cast aside, forced to live in small camps where disease, overpopulation, and hunger abound. For Soren Vale, this is the only life he can remember. The idea of freedom is but a fleeting image, a distant memory that faintly gleams in his parents’ stories. But despite these miserable conditions, Soren is content; as long as his family and loved ones stand by him he resolves to endure the hardships now forced upon mankind.

Yet when tragedy strikes and Soren’s life is forever changed, he is forced to reconsider his outlook. With a newfound purpose and a burning desire for vengeance he joins The Resistance, a militaristic liberation force. But faced with overwhelming odds and a technologically superior foe, what chance does humanity truly have?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Characters

There are quite a bit of characters in this story, so, for simplicity's sake, I'll only outline some of the "key players" below.

Soren Vale (Protagonist)

• Race: Human
• Attribute: Loyalty
• Description: Having spent the majority of his life in the Camp at Eastwatch, Soren has adapted to a life of servility and poverty. He ignores the schemes of insurrectionists, focusing instead on enduring the burdens of colonial rule and ensuring his family’s safety. But when disaster strikes and his loved ones are forever ripped from his side, Soren finds himself at the heart of the rebellion and his life is changed forever.

Arianna Valette (Heroine)

• Attribute: Will
• Description: Soren’s lifelong companion, Arianna also witnessed the catastrophe at Eastwatch first-hand. Barely escaping with her life, she buried her sorrow and rallied the fellow survivors. Her resolute will and unrelenting determination made her an ideal candidate for The Resistance, and she has quickly earned the respect of her fellow soldiers.

Sheena Nox (Heroine)

• Race: Ascended
• Age 19
• Attribute: Perception
• Description: A former Shade in the Ascended Army, Sheena was a military prodigy. Infamous as “Death’s Shadow”, her skills in battle struck terror in the hearts of friend and foe alike. Her quiet nature shrouds her in mystery, and the motivations behind her sudden defection to the human Resistance are still unclear.

Natalia Jensen (Heroine)

• Attribute: Leadership
• Description: An elite soldier and the commander of The Resistance’s Razor Squad, Natalia’s charisma has earned the unanimous loyalty of her subordinates. Her wartime strategies and uncanny intuition on the battlefield always keep her one step ahead of her enemies, and her recent string of victories has added to her growing legend.

Felicity Rose (Heroine)

• Attribute: Hope
• Description: A young and cheerful girl from Jericho, Felicity is the newest member to join the Razors. Though easily flustered, she quickly befriends her peers with her unrelenting optimism. But despite appearing innocent and clumsy, her military prowess is undeniable.

Liam Harper

• Attribute: Perseverance
• Description: Soren’s best friend since childhood, Liam has always dreamed of joining The Resistance. With his only attachment to the world now destroyed, Liam’s passion ignites at the prospect of enacting vengeance on the Ascended and he readily joins the rebellion.

Vayne Saracen

• Attribute: Retribution
• Description: The origins of The Resistance leader are unclear, but his unrelenting hatred for the Ascended is unmistakable. Ruthless and calculating, he doesn’t think twice about slaughtering his foes and will adopt any means necessary to ensure humanity’s victory.

Satele Talri

• Age 25
• Attribute: Deception
• Description: The leader of the dreaded Shades, Satele is the deadliest force in the universe. Cruel, merciless, and savage, she gives no quarter to friend or foe alike. For reasons unknown, she has a sadistic fascination with Sheena.

Rashir Ensiri

• Attribute: Resolve
• Description: The feared Dreadknight, the newly appointed Supreme Commander of the Ascended’s occupation force is The Resistance’s greatest foe. With his keen strategic mind and military ingenuity, Rashir is a personal nemesis for Vayne and isn’t afraid to match the human’s callous sacrifices to achieve victory.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, as you can see, our wonderful sprite artist Beckers has departed from the more "anime" style art for a sy-fy realism, so-if you are interested in any of the other artist positions-we would need to make sure your respective styles are compatible.

Well then, enough of my rambling! If you are interested in joining the development team, feel free to shoot me a PM or an email at tnm6.script@gmail.com. Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you all!

-Taylor McDowell

Edit: Yes, I know I haven't mentioned how many CGs and BGs we're looking for, but I figured that's something we can discuss more in-depth one-on-one if you're interested!