Looking for Writer (Videogame and / or Short Novel) [CLOSED]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Uriel1339
Projects: "Poisoned Earth" - Work / Project Title

Looking for Writer (Videogame and / or Short Novel) [CLOSED]

#1 Post by Uriel1339 »

1) My name is Andreas Krewer and I just recently decided to make a videogame AND a short novel, both belong in the same scenario but to different times. The novel would work as some kind of prologue to the video game. It is a post-apocalyptic setting (no zombies, no nuclear weapons, no mutants) playing in the near future.

2) I am looking for a story / dialogue Writer who is willing to work for free on both or one of the projects. But I am willing to give a cut of the profit once the videogame is done, the novel on the other hand is a Non-Profit Project.

3) I have all the ideas and concepts gathered together, they just need to be written out in an interesting and exciting way, including character creation and dialogues. I am more the kind of person who can plan all kind of events and how characters will behave towards each other etc., but creating them is really hard for me.

4) I have not revealed much information about either Project, but that is because I think it is something that really could bring some kind of big innovation into the gaming world, especially how I approach the videogame project. So if somebody is interested then I am only willing to hand out in-depth details, such as the background story how I have it at the moment, only with a signed NDA.

5) If more than one writer could be interested and in my opinion up to the task it could happen that I will get in total up to 3 writers, though maximum 2 for the game and 1 for the short novel.

6) My requirements are as following:
- good english writing skills
- willing to cooperate and communicate (once a week via e-mail minimum contact)
- signing a NDA before work starts
- no leaking information about the game or story until public release (included in the NDA)
- being polite and value teamwork

7) Your benefits (Videogame Story / Dialogue Writers):
- Mention in the credits (at the start / top, not at the bottom)
- Free Game once it is completed + all bonus features I may add (soundtrack collection, art book, etc.)
- Possible Cut of profit once the game is finished
- Indie Game Development First-Hand Experience
- Alpha & Beta Access to the game
- Chance to influence the game (e.g. game mechanics, designs, characters, etc.)
- Access to the Game Feature List before even the Development starts

8) Your benefits (Short Novel Writer):
- Mentioning as Author
- Beta Access to the videogame
- Able to influence the prologue / story / events before the game
- Access to the actual Background story how I have written it yet and it's concept version
- Access to the Game Feature List before even the Development starts

Please answer with a reply here, PM within the forum or with an e-mail directly to me: andreas.krewer@gmx.net

Edit / Detailed Introduction:

The planned short novel is supposed to start with the cold war (around 2040-45) and ends with the post-apocalyptic incident / trigger (2051). That way it can be seen as a story which in basic leads to the game. As the game is playing around 20 to 30 years afterwards.

To stay with the novel it would include the different campaigns and invasions the nations did against each other or better said the 3 great powers which reign at that time. And how the different military organizations and political leaders interact, while giving also a close-up view how the soldiers fight and which nightmares they face for their home nation.

To the game: But instead of that one power wins, all lose in a horrible end-war scenario. Only a few hundred thousand up to a million survive this in special built safety shelters which could withstand every cruel weapon ever invented and are equipped with life support, but no connection to the outside world, not even radios. Each shelter, depending built by which of the 3 great powers, is managed in a different way and can hold different amount of people. the smallest ranging from 750 people to the biggest which can hold 6000 people. Let's say 500.000-800.000 people survived, that would mean that there are roughly 170-275 domes WORLD WIDE. And the player's character is one of those few survivors in one of those few domes.

The mankind that survived has now to find a way to make the earth re-inhabitable or at least find a way away from it or perhaps find a way to survive in territories which are unaffected by the catastrophes. But the big question is: Who will be ready to cooperate for the greater good, and who is too egoistic and only wants to secure the own life? And the biggest questions of all: Will the mankind survive long enough to find a solution AND drop their grudge from the prior war?
Last edited by Uriel1339 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Red eyes in the darkness

Re: Looking for Writer (Videogame and / or Short Novel)

#2 Post by Ryue »

Hi
Maybe one thing you could add there? The novel / game: On what it will/shall be focusing.
From what I have read there it could be "all" sorts of things...like focusing on survival in a world that is life threatening to a human, or it could be about a war between
groups of surviving humans in a world that is technological less advanced then but not life threatening to human life,....
(As from the sounds of it you already have that planed). I think that info could be very interesting to writers who contemplate in joining your project(s)

Uriel1339

#3 Post by Uriel1339 »

Oh sorry, my bad. I just did not want to reveal too much at once and did not thought on a brief instruction.

I will edit it right away :)

edit: added at the bottom of my original post now additional information.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

I'm a little puzzled about the "possible cut of the profit" part here. ARE you offering a cut or are you NOT? I wouldn't start working for a project where I may be "possibly" paid.

This seems to be a request for collaboration, not commission work, so I suppose you won't be paying any advances. What share would you offer a writer?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Uriel1339

#5 Post by Uriel1339 »

Well the possible is really coming out during the personal talks, prior experience and of course quality. Which I have discussing at the moment also during 1on1 talks with different people which wrote me in interest already. the share / cut out of the profit would be 3%, for a writer for the game. The Novel writer though won't be paid as that is a non-profit work.

I hope this helps understanding of how I want to arrange things, though I have to admit I got already PM's which even stated that some individuals would not even care to get paid or not, lol.

On the other hand I absolutely understand your concern, especially since I read the recruitment rules, etc. and tried to explain it the best way I could.

PS: I tell everyone BEFORE they start working for / on the project if they would get compensated or not during the "Interview" talks.

Uriel1339

#6 Post by Uriel1339 »

Found enough interests for now, will close the topic except I should need more writers, what I doubt. Thank you all for your interest, pm's and e-mails!