The Choice - help appreciated

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Ageha
Regular
Tumblr: agehaatlas
Deviantart: Ageha1304

The Choice - help appreciated

#1 Post by Ageha »

The Choice
The Choice is visual novel mostly based around story, choices player makes and also some romance between main female character and 5 other male characters that protagonist will encounter during the story. This novel is set in fantasy world of (for now) unknown name and basically has 3 big paths player can go through. That doesn't mean player will have only 3 possible endings, because each path will can differ in many ways depending on choices made.

Main character is a human warrior girl named Elenor Nura. She's 18 years old and that's about all I'm going to reveal about her in this stage. I can however show you the character design of her, drawn my no one else then me.

The game will be 100% free (you can kill me later if I demand any money for it) and basically is made for my skill improvement and people's enjoyment. I will main story writer, artist and scriptwriter of the game however I would appreciate if I could get:

a) Background artist
b) Script tutor who could teach me how to script game (I can learn myself, but I believe this way it would be faster)
c) Anyone who is willing to help in any way.

I don't intend paying anyone money (since I have none), so please be aware of that. Payment for helping me is pure experience and maybe later joy of creating a good game.

Thank you!

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: The Choice - help appreciated

#2 Post by fleet »

You might want to let potential artists know how many backgrounds you'll need. Also, have you completed a story outline?
You might want to consider doing a short (under five minutes) demo using placeholder backgrounds.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Ageha
Regular

#3 Post by Ageha »

Well, I think that I will need no less than 10 backgrounds.
Also story is not completed, in fact it's not even started. I wanted to start with main character design first, now I'm going to slowly start writing. That is exactly why I said that any help is appreciated. I know that this project is going to take time. I assume that it will at least half a year, how those people who are willing to collaborate can join in and help me.

FoxyPancakes

#4 Post by FoxyPancakes »

###
Last edited by FoxyPancakes on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ageha
Regular

#5 Post by Ageha »

Sure, Foxypancakes, you could help me! Story is very ... web like (?) so I believe it wouldn't hurt for another person to help me out! :)

Also about those backgrounds! If someone specifically needs to know what I want them to draw then I can give you few examples:
- a very beautiful scenery with animals, flowers, trees, maybe a river or lake
- fire river, lava, volcanos, demons
- both of those mixed together
- bedroom with some flowers and random weapons laying around
- arena for battle

harajukulolita
Regular
Completed: None so far!
Projects: Currently working on... Starlight Wishes
Tumblr: loli-studio
Deviantart: harajukulolita

#6 Post by harajukulolita »

Sounds interesting, I'd also like to help. I don't mind long term projects. PM me if you still need help. :D

V2Blast
Regular

#7 Post by V2Blast »

I can help edit/proofread if and when the game is finally finished...
Pie is delicious.

Ageha
Regular

#8 Post by Ageha »

I believe by time it is finished you will have long forgotten of it. This project will take at least 8 months, so you can call it long term. (Drawing art isn't one day work you know)

Also right now, I would be ready to accept these position on team:
- Background artist (this is most wanted one, whoever accepts this job, I love you! Q.Q)
- Writer (1 or 2 routes should be enough, so I think it should be more than 10,000 words, if my math is correct)
- Musician (unlikely that I will get someone, but worth a shot)

V2Blast
Regular

#9 Post by V2Blast »

Haha. It's fine if I've forgotten about it, as long as I'm around when you do :P
Pie is delicious.