[Temporaily Closed] Writer and Editor for Hire (FREE)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
MaroChii

[Temporaily Closed] Writer and Editor for Hire (FREE)

#1 Post by MaroChii »

Hello There! I'm Ashley, and I'm looking to help! I am a native English speaker, so I won't have many grammar errors; if I do, they are most likely a misplaced comma, but that doesn't happen too often. I can make original story lines, or I can write based off a given plot. My schedule is easily flexible, and I will be available all day, every day, until the 26 of August. From then on, I will be unavailable from 8 AM - 4 PM.

As a writer, I will make sure that my writing is to your expectations, and I will try my hardest to keep your character in character. Two examples of my writing are at the bottom of the page. One is a short fanfiction with characters that are not mine, and the other is a few short paragraphs with a completely original character.

As an editor, I will make sure that any grammar and spelling is up to par with what you want and follows at least basic grammar rules.

Note: Although both of the example portray boys, I also can write for girls. Furthermore, I do any kind of relationship and genre.

I can be contacted through the following:

This Forum
PM
Email: hetaliaatthedisco [AT] gmail.com

WRITING EXAMPLES

More available upon request.

Fanfiction:

Hiccup smiled as he looked outside at the snow fall. It was the first frost of the winter, and the snow was piling high. That meant two things that got the young viking very excited. First, with the snow was so high, there was no way he could work today, leaving his day open for the second, and probably best thing, today: he would be able to spend this day with his beloved Jack.

Usually, Frost was out making it snow and doing other winter-y things, which meant that Hiccup didn’t see him often. Luckily, the first frost of the year came early. However, because he wasn’t expecting Jack so early, there was so much to be done. His room was a mess and not at all Frost ready. 

"I better ge—" he started, but he was interrupted by a cool, pun intended, voice and breath in his ear.

"Long time, no see, fishbone. Miss me?" Jack teased, moving around to the front of Hiccup and smiling that breath taking smile.

"Uh no," Hiccup laughed awkwardly and lied. “I’m a viking. I don’t have time for non-cool emotions like missing you. I have this… cool stuff to think about and do and stuff…" 

"Great save. Too bad you’re a bit too… Hiccup to pull it off." Jack smirked, knowing just how to get under the little viking’s skin. “But that’s okay. That’s just the way I like it."

"Like wh—," Jack once again cut Hiccup off, this time with a kiss. 

Not that Hiccup minded in the least.

(Taken from my tumblr.)

Original Character:

Jared’s eyes were almost as heavy as his body felt. He had just experienced a falling feeling, but he chalked it up to just rolling of the bed he had fallen asleep on what seemed like five minutes ago. Only when he opened his eyes to the vast scape of trees did he feel something was wrong. With the rush of delayed pain he was experiencing from what had apparently been a rather long fall, his thoughts were slow, and his mind was dazed and confused. Immediately, he reached for a gun in a holster that was not there. A long sigh followed by a light pound of a fist against the dirt signaled his irked thought process on how he could fall into this situation without a weapon. Once the initial shock and annoyance of being unarmed wore off, curiosity promptly set in.

After slowly sitting up, Jared took a quick look around what he now determined to be a forest on what had to be another continent, or, in the very least, what was a different country. It wasn’t soon after he sat up when a pounding headache began to plague him and interrupt his thoughts. Jared began to rub his temple in hope of relieving his head when he noticed a marking on his hand: a red heart.

Bringing his hand closer to his face, he examined the new addition to his skin. It was too painless to be a new tattoo. It didn't come off as a sticker would, just as well it was not able to be rubbed off.

“What the hell is this,” he muttered, finally standing up. He could not see anyone from where he was standing, so his nerves were eased just a little; however, he was still on his guard. Jared would be damned if he was going to be attacked now. Neither animal nor human would take him down just yet.

(Taken from my gaia)

I can also write in a script format.

Thanks for reading, and please consider me.
Last edited by MaroChii on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

Re: Writer and Editor for Hire (FREE)

#2 Post by Talann »

Ohwow. Your writing is, amazing. I would like to hire you for my project Shooting Stars since, well, we are a bit, falling behind, and our work process is slooooow ^ ^;
It would speed it up a bit with another writer.
Also, if you decide to write for us, can you also edit? I do have a proofreader - but, the more, the merrier.
Anyway, here is the link if you would like to see some information based on the game, and contact me at:
idreaamerr@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you soon.