GamingShed Group - Recruiting! [PAID & FREE]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Sakai
Regular
Projects: Ragged Heart
Organization: Afterthought Studios

GamingShed Group - Recruiting! [PAID & FREE]

#1 Post by Sakai »

Information

GamingShed is a new group that is aiming to create games to make players enjoy their experience, the games that will be created by GS will be free however people whom work with GamingShed and have amazing skills are paid for their work. In future it is planned to become a indie studio.

First game GamingShed is worked on is game under heavy construction called Life*, the game concept is to show that committing suicide is not the right way to end your life because somewhere in your life there is a person worth living for.
In the game you will be playing as Tachibana Taichi, 15 years old ordinary teenager whos life is slowly breaking down due divorce and his relationship with his parents are in danger of complete break down! In the first gameplay the players will be able to make choices for Taichi however those choices will affect Taichi and his surrounding!

Positions:

Story Writer
We are looking for a very dedicated person who is 18 and over to join our team to construct a story for Life* out of basic information given and what was created so far, you will be given every needed information to make your work easier.
Even as a Non-Paid member you will be eligible for a bonus as well.

This is Paid and Free position!

Every applicant will be given a test of writing a small beginning of the Life* story under given instructions, the length of the story will be up to you but minimum amount of words will be given. After that is send to us we will review it and pick the best story writer!

Paid Positions require additional work of sending weekly reports on your work to Project Leader so payment can be send with approval that you have done something.

Payment Options:
Payment options can be either paypal or bank transfer ((which is not recommended unless you live in the same country as me.)) Paypal is the most reliable way of sending payment which I do recommend.
The amount of money you will be paid is negotiable therefor you place your price and I review it and send you back my response, you can as well ask to be paid weekly.

You will be paid when you work and provide a report on your work to make sure you are doing something useful beside attempting to steal money. Those games will be free but you will be paid from my own money that I earn with hard work so please keep that in mind.
As a paid worker you must let Project Leader known in advance if you are going away on a holiday.

What you will work on:
As written above you will be working on a game called Life* ((click on the name to be send to the topic)) which will be a free game, you will find all the information in the link provided which is rather old however you will be updated on newest information.

The game itself has character art and other art worked on as we speak however to continue on with the game and to make sure the story is enjoyable and written with a skill a story writer is needed. You can find the character art at the link provided.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Reference Art for Life*

Tachibana Sachi - Image

Takahashi Chie - Image

Tachibana Taichi - Image
Last edited by Sakai on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

mioster

Re: GamingShed Group - Recruiting! [PAID & FREE] Writers Nee

#2 Post by mioster »

Greetings,
I'm heavily interested in becoming the story writer for this game. I could provide examples of some writings in the past of mine, albeit none of which are on a business level. However, this is what I am here for, correct? I've only assumed that if one was interested they would respond directly to the topic. If not, please inform me otherwise so thus I can direct my request to a different destination. I do so hope i'm eligible for consideration, as this has truly sparked my interest.
Cheers,
Mio

Sakai
Regular

#3 Post by Sakai »

Thanks for your reply :)

Feel free to send me your skype info so we can chat just like other applicants did ;) ((Most of them PM'ed me so you can do that as well))

Sakai
Regular

#4 Post by Sakai »

And the position for story writer is now closed as we have found our winner!
A big thank you to everyone whom applied for the position and make sure to view this page later on for other positions that will be available in future.

Sakai
Regular

Re: GamingShed Group - Recruiting! [PAID & FREE]

#5 Post by Sakai »

Hello! We are recruiting again please check the first main post!
Story Writer
We are looking for a very dedicated person who is 18 and over to join our team to construct a story for Life* out of basic information given and what was created so far, you will be given every needed information to make your work easier.
Even as a Non-Paid member you will be eligible for a bonus as well.

This is Paid and Free position!

Every applicant will be given a test of writing a small beginning of the Life* story under given instructions, the length of the story will be up to you but minimum amount of words will be given. After that is send to us we will review it and pick the best story writer!
We are recruiting a new story writer as our current story writer whom worked on our story disappeared without any notification and is marked as MIA.
This means the whole story of Life* has to be re-written.

Thank you!
Please feel free to send me PM's with your propositions or write in here with skype contact details.

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#6 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Hello, I sent you a PM, did you receive it?

Sakai
Regular

#7 Post by Sakai »

Hello. I would want to write a quick apology for those people who did not receive PM's back from me.

As GamingShed has accepted one application, the applicant was accepted and worked for us however later on disappeared without any trace nor information which was a big blow to the team. Life* our game we've been working on is now on halt and left in a box for later return as we are working on a new game.

Therefor on future applications we will be taking more stricter procedures to prevent people disappearing without even resigning which I personally see as "disrespectful" to people that person has worked with.
Yes new positions will be opened soon as we just began working on a new game. So please stay tuned.

Thank you.