Love in Space looking for Assistant Writer [Closed]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Love in Space looking for Assistant Writer [Closed]

#1 Post by Samu-kun »

Love in Space is looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Writer for its project, Sunrider.

You will be working on a high profile project with professional quality art assets. My team has been around for many years and we are currently expanding. I have been on this board since 2007 and maintained essentially continual presence ever since. My last project, Homeward, has the largest thread in the Completed Adult Works forum. In short, I will not randomly disappear from the face of the Internet because I realize I'm in over my head.

Your responsibilities include the following:
  • Proof reading the already existing script
  • Writing additional character arcs
  • Writing additional episodes
  • Writing lore
  • Writing flavor text
  • Beta testing
Requirements:
  • You MUST be over the age of 18. Love in Space may ask to see ID if proof of age is not obvious.
  • You must be willing to write sex scenes
Terms:
  • Work is expected to last up to five years. You may leave at your choice any time prior to the completion of the project for any reason with no hard feelings. Love in Space also may dismiss you at any time prior to the completion of the project for any reason with no hard feelings.
  • You relinquish all ownership rights of the work you have done for Love in Space. All work you have produced for Sunrider will be owned by Love in Space. You retain the right to release your work to third parties after the full release of Sunrider.
  • NON-DISCLOSURE: You agree to keep all story, art, and other aspects of Sunrider secret. You shall not leak incomplete versions of Sunrider to anyone prior to the full release of Sunrider. You shall not leak the story of Sunrider to anyone prior to the full release of Sunrider. You shall not show the art of Sunrider to anyone prior to the full release of Sunrider, unless authorized by Love in Space.
Current Progress:
The script is 100 000 words long. Character creation is already complete. Core world building is complete, but more lore is necessary. The core story is complete, but more side missions, side character arcs, and world building is necessary. I'm hoping to add about another 50 000 words to the story. Graphic art assets are in production, but you will obviously have no responsibilities in regards to the graphics.

Payment:
  • Sunrider will be released for free.
  • You will have to work for free for one year. You have the right to negotiate a payment schedule after one year of continual work, starting from the date of your hire. Love in Space is not obligated to keep you for one year and you will not rely upon the expectation that you will be employed by Love in Space for one continuous year. Compensation, if any, will likely be symbolic, since Sunrider will be released for free. Do not expect to make any money off of this.
Preferences:
Preference will be given to candidates who:
  • Have been on this board longer
  • Have a resume of past complete visual novels or other games
  • Have past experience working on space operas or in the mecha genre
  • Watch anime, read eroge, have interest in Japanese sub-culture
  • Live in Southern California
You will be working on your own for most of the time. I will check on you once a week to see your progress and give instructions. However, I expect you to be an independent worker with initiative, since I have a lot of things I need to do to get Sunrider complete too. I have worked with other artists many times before, but I have never worked with a writer before.

Please PM or leave applications here. Thanks.
Last edited by Samu-kun on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Regular
Completed: Sierra Ops Episode 1 and 2, Rising Angels: Reborn (Some CGs)
Projects: Sierra Ops, Muv-Luv Kickstarter
Organization: Innomen Team

Re: Love in Space looking for Assistant Writer

#3 Post by Jason »

Samu-kun wrote: In short, I will not randomly disappear from the face of the Internet because I realize I'm in over my head.
It's so sad whenever that happens, especially if the project shows so much potential.
Innomen Team Presents: Sierra Ops

We're a very small team of developers from all over the world, with most of the founding members in Philippines.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

ktalkimist wrote:Five years of work for free...?
*cough*katawashoujo*cough*
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#5 Post by Samu-kun »

To clarify, the project is estimated to take up to five years to complete, but you don't have to work five years. You can pretty much come and go as you want. Hell, you can just help out for a few months and leave if that's your thing. (In other words, the completion of the project is not dependent on your continual presence for five years.)

Also, I'd like to give the writer at least some token amount of money if he or she has demonstrated skill and dedication for a year.

dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

#6 Post by dmasterxd »

So what if I'll be 18 next month? Can I help out then? I would love to work with my Ren'py idol!

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#7 Post by Samu-kun »

Actually, thanks to us getting a lot of staff members join, this position isn't needed any more. Thanks for the offer though! :)

dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

Re: Love in Space looking for Assistant Writer [Closed]

#8 Post by dmasterxd »

Ah, okay. It's cool. Still can't wait for the game though. Go Sunrider!