Starving Writer/Editor Looking for Free Work

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
BroAesthetic
Projects: Culina: Spirit of Cooking (Writer)

Starving Writer/Editor Looking for Free Work

#1 Post by BroAesthetic »

Hello. I'm just another writer looking for work and experience. I'm not expecting any payment for my contributions. My primary motives are to gain experience both as a scenario writer/editor and as a team member. I hope to eventually start my own project, but for now I want to assist others with their own pursuits.

I consider myself a decent writer and I've had others tell me the same. I used to write a lot (1,500 words per day at my peak for about a month) but I stopped because of college. I realized recently that writing used to bring me stupid amounts of joy and satisfaction. Simply put, I wish to capture those long days again, and that's why I'm here. I love visual novels and I've always wanted to play a part in the creation of one. The last thing I wrote was the opening of an overly ambitious visual novel that we had planned together (my friend and I). I've included that opening in my public portfolio. I think most of what I write is trash, but that's probably my inner perfectionist talking. Either way, I'm a firm believer in multiple drafts and rigorous edits.

I can bring a lot to the table as a writer. Ideally, I want to play an active role in plot and character development, but I'm open to the possibility of writing from a set of instructions as dictated by the team's creative head. I can also edit for an existing script. I'm comfortable writing about most subjects or themes (I prefer a classic Key-esque approach though). I can also assist with programming if needed (I'm a computer science major).

TL;DR: Awesome writer/editor looking for work and experience, for free, has experience and samples.

My Dropbox Public Portfolio

If you're interested in me being your team's writer/editor, contact me by PM or by email with markers1213@yahoo.com
Only contact me if you/your team is serious. I don't want to help a team that will collapse upon itself within a week. I want to make a tangible thing that others can enjoy. Having said that, I'm also willing to take a risk. If you're motivated, hit me up.

My favorite visual novels/story-based games (Inspiration):
- To the Moon
- Little Busters
- Clannad
- Katawa Shoujo
- Planetarian
- Yume Miru Kusuri
- True Remembrance
- Analogue: A Hate Story
- My GF is the President
- Bastion
- Bioshock series
- Dragon Age Origins
Last edited by BroAesthetic on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Armee
Veteran

Re: Starving Writer/Editor Looking for Free Work

#2 Post by Armee »

You have such fine writing, I would asked for your help if I'm not full of unfinished stuffs in my projects, I'm sure that people would recruit you soon ^^ Wish you a lot of lucks with your project!

BroAesthetic

#3 Post by BroAesthetic »

Armee wrote:You have such fine writing, I would asked for your help if I'm not full of unfinished stuffs in my projects, I'm sure that people would recruit you soon ^^ Wish you a lot of lucks with your project!
Thanks haha. I'm sure I'll find the right team soon. If not, then I'll just start my own 8)

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#4 Post by Aviala »

Oh, I'd love to work with you but I feel like it'd be a bit silly to start a team since I've never even finished a proper VN. I'm currently working on my first real project solo. It's a bit hard because English is my second language and I don't usually write stories. 8I
Anyways, good luck on finding a team!

PyroTyguy
Regular
Projects: [working on]: Spring Breeze
Organization: Home-room interactive: Teams 1&2

#5 Post by PyroTyguy »

Hello mr. Starving writer! I am the founder of a VN Team Called Homeroom-interactive. My last writer has recently gone inactive and I need a replacement. You said to only ask if I was serious and I am serious as I can get at the moment. I am enlisting with the military soon so I want to get at least one project done before I go to basic. If you want to check out the teams current projects, You can click any of the links in my signature. Spring breeze is the other team of homeroom interactive's project that has been in production for the last year.

So in closing if you are really serious about writing I would love to have you on the team.
-Tyler
Last edited by PyroTyguy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Former H-R Interactive but have changed username to PyroTyguy
Image Image Image

BroAesthetic

#6 Post by BroAesthetic »

Aviala wrote:Oh, I'd love to work with you but I feel like it'd be a bit silly to start a team since I've never even finished a proper VN. I'm currently working on my first real project solo. It's a bit hard because English is my second language and I don't usually write stories. 8I
Anyways, good luck on finding a team!
Maybe some other time then :wink:
PyroTyguy wrote:Hello mr. Starving writer! I am the founder of a VN Team Called Homeroom-interactive. My last writer has recently gone inactive and I need a replacement. You said to only ask if I was serious and I am serious as I can get at the moment. I am enlisting with the military soon so I want to get at least one project done before I go to basic. If you want to check out the teams current projects, You can click any of the links in my signature. Spring breeze is the other team of homeroom interactive's project that has been in production for the last year.

So in closing if you are really serious about writing I would love to have you on the team.
-Tyler
Send me more information at my email or through a pm. I'll give you an answer in a few days after more people contact me. I want to get as many offers as possible before I make a decision.
My Current Roles
Culina: Spirit of Cooking (Writer)

erikoillustrations
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie | GILDA
Organization: Pineapple Harem
Tumblr: erikoillustrations

#7 Post by erikoillustrations »

I simply love your writing. It puts mine to shame //sob
I'm currently looking for an editor for my upcoming game, Siren's Plea. Right now, I'm more focused on writing the whole story, art, and scripting so I don't have enough time to proofread my stuff.

If you're interested, have a look here: [ Link ]
Current Project: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie
[Art Commission Status: OPEN]

BroAesthetic

#8 Post by BroAesthetic »

aRLegOdDesS wrote:I simply love your writing. It puts mine to shame //sob
I'm currently looking for an editor for my upcoming game, Siren's Plea. Right now, I'm more focused on writing the whole story, art, and scripting so I don't have enough time to proofread my stuff.

If you're interested, have a look here: [ Link ]
Hey, thanks for reading my stuff. I'm willing to be your editor. I'll send you a PM in a bit :)

To any other interested parties: I'm still available and considering other positions. I'll work for one more project.
My Current Roles

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#9 Post by merdeamour »

Are you willing to bounce ideas around/help with the writing and editing? I'm a slow writer, though...
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

BroAesthetic

#10 Post by BroAesthetic »

merdeamour wrote:Are you willing to bounce ideas around/help with the writing and editing? I'm a slow writer, though...
That depends on what subject you're trying to deal with. Send me a PM with a description of your project and we'll see 8)
My Current Roles

BroAesthetic

#11 Post by BroAesthetic »

UPDATE: Hey all. I've decided to assist as an editor on two projects. I won't be accepting any more offers. Thanks for all who invited me to join them.

I will be announcing my own project soon, where I will be the lead writer and programmer (I'll also contribute to the soundtrack). I'll probably be needing another writer and an artist. I'll make a thread about it when I have enough progress in the script to share. It'll be good. 8)
My Current Roles