Artist for hire (free)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Hellboy
Regular

Artist for hire (free)

#1 Post by Hellboy »

Hi.

I’m offering to create artwork for a relatively short game. :D
I plan to do my own game eventually and would like to gain some experience with the involved workflow.
I’m not offering 2D art, only 3D renders. Maybe a promotional 2D illustration when we're done, but not for the game itself. I'm offering sprites work mostly but we could perfectly get into backgrounds too depending on what you need.

I’m still working on my site, but you can already check some of my stuff in the gallery. http://jc-soto.com/

Only thing I ask in return is a bit of patience because I work and study so my time is limited right now, but usually 3D sprites are faster than 2D, so that's a plus.

It’s important the project is 100% solid and only waiting for graphics before being released. Since I’m not charging anything, I can’t risk wasting my work on a project that will never happen. :wink:

Thanks!
FREE and easy 3D customization, posing, and animation software with pre-made people and environments:
DAZ Studio Pro 4.9

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Re: Artist for hire (free)

#2 Post by Katta »

I'd be very interested to see a game with your art!

Hellboy
Regular

#3 Post by Hellboy »

Thanks!! :D
FREE and easy 3D customization, posing, and animation software with pre-made people and environments:
DAZ Studio Pro 4.9

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#4 Post by Obscura »

Nothing to add at the moment, except your work is really awesome.

If you're given a 2D character (just for example's sake, the characters from Sandman) , how long would it take you to create a 3D sprite for each one?

I don't have a game for you at the moment but I'd love to commission something from you in the future.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Hellboy
Regular

#5 Post by Hellboy »

Thanks!
The real work would be in getting the right look with the content available or creating custom content for them, which I wouldn't get into for this. But the available content is huge.
I assume around a day's work to get the character ready, some minutes to set up the lighting, a pair of minutes for each pose and expression and finally some seconds/minutes for each render. :)
DAZ Studio Pro 4.9

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#6 Post by fleet »

Hellboy,
As someone who makes VNs using 3D art, I wish you success. I've seen your gallery at deviantart, and admire your work. I would LOVE to see more VNs here with 3D art.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#7 Post by trooper6 »

Ooh! That might be just the thing for my game! I'll PM you!
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

#8 Post by naqlada »

Pm sent.

Hellboy
Regular

#9 Post by Hellboy »

Thanks to the people who have contacted me so far.
Unfortunately, I’m looking up to a more traditional visual novel game, because I’d like to gain more experience with the workflow for my own game.
The responses I’ve had seem to separate a bit from that. Not a bad thing, but it’s not what I’d like to do right now.
It’s not important the genre (horror, romance, mystery, adult...), but I’d like the gameplay to stay true to a traditional visual novel.
Thanks.
fleet wrote:Hellboy,
As someone who makes VNs using 3D art, I wish you success. I've seen your gallery at deviantart, and admire your work. I would LOVE to see more VNs here with 3D art.
Thanks! That's very nice! :D
DAZ Studio Pro 4.9