Looking for a writer (drama, horror, BxB) CLOSED for now

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Looking for a writer (drama, horror, BxB) CLOSED for now

#1 Post by Aviala »

ON HIATUS
----since there was some confusion, this means that you shouldn't try to apply. See my newest comment on the thread for more information. I might start working on this again in 1-2 months.

Before I start, I'm going to say that even though my VN will have slight BL elements in it, it's mostly not about the romance. It is not a dating sim. There will be no "seme/uke" thing, and no sex scenes.
If you're still interested, read on!

I'm looking for someone to help we write my first proper visual novel. I can program it since it won't be too complicated and also do the art and everything, but I feel like I need help with the actual dialogue and writing since my writing experience is limited to schoolwork and a few short fanfics I wrote like 5 years ago (also, english is my second language). I will do some writing but I really need help from a fluent english speaker.

It's a non-commercial project so I can't pay you, sorry about that. What I need is someone who writes for fun. I'm very excited for this project and I'd like to find a writer who communicates a lot; I want to be able to share my visions and ideas and make things work. It's okay if you don't have much experience and just want to work on a short(-ish) project to hone your skills. You can even jump in, write as much or as little as you want and jump out if it's not your cup of tea. The lenght of the novel can be discussed. You will have a lot of artistic freedom with the characters' personalities and the plot; there are only some key points that I have decided on. The only thing I really require is that you have motivation and good grammar.

About the style that I'm looking for:

I don't want anime personality tropes (tsundere, a glasses character etc.) in my VN since they drive me mad; I want proper characters with proper personalities.
The story will include lots of emotional stuff, so it'd be great if you had some skill in describing emotion.

Warning! The VN will be dark-themed so you need to be okay with writing about death, suffering and violence.

The Plot

The basic plot that I've come up with is that there are two kinds of people; wolves and lambs. Wolves are a privileged race who hold all the power, lambs are a minority with no power at all. The country is strongly militaristic. After a war started the wolves started blaming the lambs for it and taking them to labour camps. (Think of WW2; the wolves are the nazis and the lambs are the jews. Now, this is not necessarily the impression I want to make but it's the easiest way to explain it.) The characters have either lamb or wolf ears depending on their race.

The main characters are Wolf and Lamb. Wolf is a privileged citizen of the nation and Lamb is a prisoner at the camp. For some reason Wolf gets stripped of his privileges and is sent to the camp. He is branded a "fake wolf, a lamb in wolf's skin". I was thinking that the novel could either portray life at the camp and/or the boys trying to escape from the wolves.

This story is ultimately about surviving in harsh conditions and how it affects the characters and their emotions. The story comes first, and the BL is probably going to be just a side dish! The VN will include some touchy subjects and taboos like racism (obviously), death, violence and possibly even torture. It's not going to be all horrible, though; I want to include some happier moments as well.

Other:

The main characters:

The characters look really shiny, nice and clean but I'm going to do something about that. These are just first versions and they will probably be changed later. I'll try to learn to draw cleaner lines, for example.
Oh, and even though Lamb looks so uke-ish, I don't want my VN to have anything to do with semes and ukes. I just like to draw cute boys; being cute doesn't mean that the character has to be a "bottom" or a wimp. 8)

Thanks for reading and if you're interested, contact me!
Last edited by Aviala on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RMVNTeam
Projects: Running Man VN, Memento Mori ~

Re: Looking for a writer (drama, horror, slight BxB elements

#2 Post by RMVNTeam »

I have to say I'm quite impressed with how you don't stereotype the characters into tsunderes/yanderes and etc.

I'm very interested in this project and I'd like to see what you have in mind with it! I'm pretty used to writing 'dark stuff' as most of the projects that I have worked on have been in the mystery, thriller and horror genres.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Aviala »

Sorry for replying so late! The VN has been on a small hiatus because I had to study for these really important exams. I'm probably going to start working on it soon. I have some ideas about the plot already, so I'll contact you via PM when I start working on the game again.

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#4 Post by Ferdokki »

Hi,

If you still need a writer, I'd be happy to pitch in. :)
I understand what you mean about the character types; I get kind of sick of seeing the same types of characters over and over again. Personally, when I write a story, I try to make my character as unique as possible.
I'm alright with writing about suffering, violence, etc (dark themes). With that being said, I am also great with expressing emotions (via writing; in real life, I don't like bothering people much with my problems).

OmegasOblivion

#5 Post by OmegasOblivion »

Hello.

I'd be happy to join this project. Of course, if you still need a writer :D
Actually I think this is one of the most interesting projects I've laid my eyes on recently, since you don't like stereotypes for your game.

I'm actually pretty tired of watching the same types of guys (and girls too) over and over and also, because of the topic, I always wanted to do something really dark, something scaring and dramatic for the reason that it's perhaps, more attached to reality.

I'm actually kind of new on writing otomes, but well..writing is my passion so I'll never fail on the motivation part :D

Sanae
Regular

#6 Post by Sanae »

Sadly I'm too busy at the moment to offer writing, but I do want to give you huge props for trying to avoid cliched characters in your writing, especially in a genre that is known to be heavily tailored with seme/uke stereotypes. I definitely can't wait to see anything you do in the future!

Head_Phones
Regular
Projects: Clichéd

#7 Post by Head_Phones »

If you happen to still be looking, I'd love to write something.

But even if you aren't, this is a cool idea and I'll be stalking~
'You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater'
~Austin Powers

Profile pic drawn by the wonderful akemicchi

|| Honest Critique ||

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#8 Post by Rinima »

Hey! Are you still lookin? I'd love to help~
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

apothecaries

#9 Post by apothecaries »

Ohhh I am incredibly interested in this project and I would love to help, I am completely comfortable with writing taboo ideas and death scenes. To be honest, I believe I work best with ideas full of dark emotion and describing such. If you are still looking for help I'd love to hear from you!

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Aviala »

Hey there everyone!
I didn't realize people were so interested in this project! I was so busy with real life (final exams, graduation, etc) that I completely forgot to visit these forums, and had to put the project on hiatus. Thanks to everyone who commented, I really appreciate it!

I might start working on this project again, but it will take at least another 1-2 months before I'll have the time to start leading a project, or draw multiple sprites and CG's without pay.
Again, thanks for everyone who was interested, and sorry I didn't contact you sooner! I'll post in this thread again when I have more time on my hands, and let you know if this project will be continued or not.

mitsukeru73
Regular
Completed: Daisuki Da Yo - In spring
Projects: Summer Sweethearts;The Lagoon; Cinderlla Cage

Re: Looking for a writer (drama, horror, BxB) ON HIATUS

#11 Post by mitsukeru73 »

Sent you a PM ^_^