Writers Needed for Music-Based Slice of Life

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

Writers Needed for Music-Based Slice of Life

#1 Post by Raithfyre »

Con Amore is a bishoujo VN set in an Italian music school. It's a slice-of-life game without any fantasy or sci-fi elements, nor any extra gameplay elements. Since 3 out of 5 writers are currently being replaced due to inactivity, and the game's focus on character as opposed to common route, there aren't a whole lot of plot details to note - these will largely be up to the writers.

As such, scriptwriting is somewhere around 0%. However, art and music have decent headway being made, and technical elements such as UI are in the works. For all intents and purposes though, it's safe to treat this as a new project, at least with regards to writing. However, each route is projected to be around 50,000 words. Including common route duties, a potential writer should expect to be writing 75-100k words.

Please note that these are not paid positions.

If you're interested, please comment or notify me via PM. Please include some samples of your writing, as well as a list of any other games you've worked on, if there are any.

The blog contains some extra information about the project, though most of the important details are included here.

Attached is some of our promo art, to give an idea of the game's artistic quality.

BroAesthetic
Projects: Culina: Spirit of Cooking (Writer)

Re: Writers Needed for Music-Based Slice of Life

#2 Post by BroAesthetic »

Hey, I'm interested in joining your project. Here's my forum post with what is essentially my resume on here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=23076
PM me if you think I might fit in with your team.
My Current Roles
Culina: Spirit of Cooking (Writer)

AWSalmon
Regular
Projects: The Human Reignition Project
Organization: AlienWorks Productions

#3 Post by AWSalmon »

I'd like to submit my application too, though my submission samples aren't nearly as extensive.

Work Samples
"We have cars that drive for us, services that shop for us, devices that speak for us, machines that clean and cook and work for us. You can't say that removing these things from our daily lives has no effect on the way we interact. As I speak, how many of you are working, or communicating with someone else? Could we do that twenty years ago? Ten? Society has changed very slowly throughout the course of human history, but in the span of only two generations, there have been more technology-driven societal advances than we can count."

"People everywhere are able to talk to others clear on the other side of the world, and we do this at the expense of interacting with others around us. We have our heads buried so deeply in our technology that we ignore our surroundings. Society is stretched far beyond what should be possible, thanks to technology. We have friends in other countries while we have strangers in our own homes."

The Human Reignition Project
AlienWorks.Recruiting@gmail.com

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

#4 Post by desulishor »

Sounds nice enough, it seems like there's a few people asking already, but I guess I'll volunteer as well. http://www.indiedb.com/games/project-dualis Here's a link to the first game I've written. (It's free so feel free to have a look.) There are also some older stories lying around on my DA account. examples:
http://desulishor.deviantart.com/art/So ... ishor&qo=2
http://desulishor.deviantart.com/art/Da ... ishor&qo=1

Raithfyre
Regular

#5 Post by Raithfyre »

Thanks for the interest so far, and apologies to those not chosen. We're still looking for one more writer, so if you were considering but haven't applied, please do so.

cirnolovell
Projects: A Touhou fan game
Organization: Komeiji Records

#6 Post by cirnolovell »

Do you guys need an Music composer? Message me back or post something here If so! I'm currently free besides school!

(If you are I'll send you some of my music~!)

-Music Composer Koish

Raithfyre
Regular

#7 Post by Raithfyre »

Bumping this because we're still in need of at least one writer.

NeoAngelique
Regular

#8 Post by NeoAngelique »

Can I help?

Raithfyre
Regular

#9 Post by Raithfyre »

NeoAngelique wrote:Can I help?
Please post some samples of your work, either here or via PM.

Auric

#10 Post by Auric »

I've sent you a Pm, and would be thrilled if you would take the time to read it.

Auric

#11 Post by Auric »

G'day all, just giving this a bump. Several writers have left the project, and are currently looking to fill two positions. If anyone is interested, just bear in mind: I am expecting this to take roughly two years of work, one drafting the routes, and another in post production. If you are willing to put in that much time, please send a sample of your work to either myself or Raithfyre. Look forward to hearing from you.

Juneberry
Regular
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Deadly Heart

#12 Post by Juneberry »

Hiya! I'm quite interested too. I can send you a sample but I'd need to note it will be a secondary project to me (I'll work on it carefully of course, but it won't be priority number one most likely right now...but still high), and I don't know what kind of sample you want. Would you like a script-based sample using a previous script I just happen to have lying around on the web, or should I make a new one with a scenario of your choice?

Auric

#13 Post by Auric »

Any writing sample would be fine, though one written as a VN script would be preferable.

Auric

#14 Post by Auric »

Just an update: We still have one writing spot left that we'd really like filled. If the offer of hard, stressful work with no possibility of pay sounds like your kind of thing, we'd love to see your application.

fate-san

#15 Post by fate-san »

I'd love to help you! I have a lot of free time as of late and would like the extra writing practice.

Here.
Do you know?(Turning back)
I love you.
How you laugh, bringing butterflies to an empty void
My heart pounding against yours
Do you know?
Your eyes and mine meet in equal passion
The light you share with all.
Alone at last
Am I special?
The girl at whom you stare
I see her every day.
The anger of falsity
The burn of jealousy
Her hands entwined with yours
I stand in the background
I hate you.

(Turn back)
The dark object in her hands was once a magical girl. Once contained a soul gem just as she did now. Despite that most people would either view the object as a tool, or simply view it with disgust, the sapphire eyed girl felt neither. Instead, she brought the darkened article to her lips, and kissed it lightly. With a soft apology directed at the fallen magical girl; she placed the grief seed in a large cream colored pouch at her side. As she moved her hand away the moonlight caught a glint on her naval, where her soul gem rested. The pure white jewel shone brightly; untarnished.
https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_ ... &chapter=1
https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_ ... &chapter=1

I don't have many examples online that are original for copy-write purposes, but these are some of my newer works. The last two are older, but still generally how I write(unless specified to write differently). I was also recently published by creative communications(poeticpower.com).

If this doesn't give a very good idea of how I write; I'll gladly write to a prompt.