Composer for hire!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
curseofmight
Projects: Nakajo | Halloween Otome | Reminiscence | Reckoning | Among The Distant Stars

Composer for hire!

#1 Post by curseofmight »

Okay so I've worked on several projects that I have found through Lemma Soft and I have had a great experience with the people I've worked with. Communication was great, my songs always pleased them and were what they were looking for. AND I worked for free on all but 2 projects! My main problem is this: NONE OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE FOLLOWED THROUGH ON GAME PRODUCTION!

I'm looking to compose for ANYONE who is actually planning on releasing a game in the near future.

I will work for free but any payment would help since I am a broke artist like everyone else here.

You can hear some of my work here: https://soundcloud.com/tyler-thompson-audio

And you can message me on here or email me at: thompsontyler80@gmail.com

I will not put all my time and effort into anymore projects that will just end up dying off and never being completed. I want a release date and I want you to follow through! I'm sorry if this comes off bitter. Let's make something great!

:) :shock:

Golden.Fleece
Regular
Projects: Maienzauber
Organization: Golden Fleece Creative Productions

Re: Composer for hire!

#2 Post by Golden.Fleece »

Hello Thompson.

Your music does sound a bit electronic but quite versatile in both arrangement and style.

Do post more of your music if you don't mind.

Cheers.

curseofmight
Projects: Nakajo | Halloween Otome | Reminiscence | Reckoning | Among The Distant Stars

#3 Post by curseofmight »

Golden.Fleece wrote:Hello Thompson.

Your music does sound a bit electronic but quite versatile in both arrangement and style.

Do post more of your music if you don't mind.

Cheers.

Did you listen to all the tracks on the sound cloud? Most of them are not electronic sounding. Just the most recent one I posted is. I can email you more of my songs if you'd like to hear more though.

VioletRose

#4 Post by VioletRose »

Hey there :) Your music is great :D I would love to ask you to do a soundtrack for my new game, but I want to finish up the story before looking for a composer. I'll contact you then, if you don't mind :)

Btw, great music, once again ;D

Golden.Fleece
Regular
Projects: Maienzauber
Organization: Golden Fleece Creative Productions

#5 Post by Golden.Fleece »

curseofmight wrote: Did you listen to all the tracks on the sound cloud? Most of them are not electronic sounding. Just the most recent one I posted is. I can email you more of my songs if you'd like to hear more though.
Nope I did not listen to all of it admittedly. I randomly clicked on your songs and listened to it trying to capture some sort of style.

Feel free to mail me more songs if you wish -> gf.creativeproductions@gmail.com

I am also looking for a musician, however I am looking for someone who can capture that "Central European" regional feel in it's music.

Lastglass

#6 Post by Lastglass »

Hi, I'm quite liking your music, but like VioletRose I'd like to finish the script and art for it, its also a group project so I need to ask the other people involved. However it will take quite a while because we have commitments outside of creating, but if you are still offering in a few months (5-8) months, hopefully no later than august next year, I'll contact you if you have no problems with that?

curseofmight

#7 Post by curseofmight »

VioletRose wrote:Hey there :) Your music is great :D I would love to ask you to do a soundtrack for my new game, but I want to finish up the story before looking for a composer. I'll contact you then, if you don't mind :)

Btw, great music, once again ;D
Thank you very much! I hope to hear from you soon then! :)

curseofmight

#8 Post by curseofmight »

Lastglass wrote:Hi, I'm quite liking your music, but like VioletRose I'd like to finish the script and art for it, its also a group project so I need to ask the other people involved. However it will take quite a while because we have commitments outside of creating, but if you are still offering in a few months (5-8) months, hopefully no later than august next year, I'll contact you if you have no problems with that?
No problem at all! Can't wait to hear from you!

Heliostorm

#9 Post by Heliostorm »

Hello, I'm in charge of a small team that's working on a game based off the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. We've only started recently, so I'm afraid there's not a lot I can show you to prove that we will actually make it to completion. I can only say that I fully intend to ram this project through by myself if necessary. The hope is to release a playable demo of the first act in 2-4 months. If you would care to compose a song or two for us, you can PM me here and I'll send you the details of what we need.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by 15385bic »

just wanted to say that Tyler was nice enough to let us use his music for our Halloween otome VN
He has a range of different tunes and is definitely worth checking out~

Ispheria
Regular
Projects: TruEndings

#11 Post by Ispheria »

Since you will work for free, can we use the music you've already made for free? I plan on mentioning you in the credits ofc

curseofmight

#12 Post by curseofmight »

Ispheria wrote:Since you will work for free, can we use the music you've already made for free? I plan on mentioning you in the credits ofc
PM or email me! You could but a lot of the songs are already being used by others!

Thanks!

-Tyler

VMireil

#13 Post by VMireil »

Just wanted to say that your music is great and that I wish you luck in your projects :)

Bookmarked for now. I'll contact you when I get my game near it's release-date then...(Hopefully, you're still gonna be open... And doing this for free...)

Until then, good luck once again :D

Sakai
Regular
Projects: Ragged Heart
Organization: Afterthought Studios

#14 Post by Sakai »

Yap music is amazing, surely will add you to the contact list of people I need to one day when my project gets to another stage ;)

Happysmily

#15 Post by Happysmily »

Oh my god ??? Usually when I hear music from freelance composers it usually falls flat but your kind of music is exactly right up my alley ! Just the right amount of buildup and I'm loving the electronics in it. I'll definitely be contacting you in the future about your music, please let's keep in contact!