Maienzauber VN recruitment thread [Writer][Artist][Musician]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Golden.Fleece
Regular
Projects: Maienzauber
Organization: Golden Fleece Creative Productions

Maienzauber VN recruitment thread [Writer][Artist][Musician]

#1 Post by Golden.Fleece »

Hello! I'm opening a thread for our project, of which details you can read here.

Our project is semi-commercial, meaning our effort to create the game is a completely voluntary affair but we have big plans on paid expansion routes as well as artbook/soundtrack sales! Currently our team consists of me as a Project Director (and concept artist), a co-Director who doubles as a programmer, a writer, an artist, a BG artist, and a cultural advisor. We are opening positions for Writer, Artist, Musician, and will have future openings for Editor and Community Manager. If you are interested, please leave a message here, PM me, or email me at gf.creativeproductions@gmail.com along with a link or couple samples of your work! We look forward to work together with you!

Open Position: Writer

Do you have a way with words? Are you a veritable wordsmith able to work with plot limitation and constraints yet still maintain creativity in engineering dramatic writing? Then we have a need for you!

When recruited you will be;
- Creating a target girl appropriate to the created settings
- Tie her into the plot plans in line with the general direction
- Commit to a general (reasonable) deadline for the required writings
- Abide by the general direction that has been outlined by team
- Assist the director team in creating a look/art as well as musical theme appropriate to the character route as well as other creative components
- Revise when necessary as per editorial needs

Since our VN would have a very strong cultural background / settings presence – try to factor these following into your writing; German/Germansphere character/culture presence, convent school, transition period, dealing with loss, commitment, loyalty, betrayal, relationship, break up. Last but not least – be CREATIVE in utilizing your limitations!
Show us your talent! Looking forward to see your submissions

Open Position: Artist

Are you confident with your talent and skills in doing art? Can you capture the subtle nuances of a character without being restrained to only a specific style? Then you may just be what we need!

- Creating a standardized sprite set for main character + side characters
- Creating required CG characters
- Assist the Leadership in giving work inputs

You will be working with a very organized team who have a very clear direction on what they want to achieve. If you are interested do apply in our forum with the title “A Application – [Your Name]”, and submit a test composition.
Since our VN would have a very strong cultural background / settings presence – try to factor these following into your compositions; German/Germansphere musical instruments (hapsicord, zither, clavier, Steirische harmonika), church feels, cozy café feels, romantic feels, melancholic feels, and Last but not least – be CREATIVE in utilizing your limitations!

Open Position: Musician

Do you have a way with melody? Do you have an ear for harmony while sensitive and knowledgeable with Central European culture and music? Are you able to compose music to accompany a running storyline to enhance their dramatic effect? We have a need for you!

- Creating a leitmotif for the target girl or side characters (if necessary)
- Composing and creating pieces for the general music needs
- Assist Directorial needs on jingles and other sound effects

Since our VN would have a very strong cultural background / settings presence – try to factor these following into your compositions; German/Germansphere musical instruments (hapsicord, zither, clavier, Steirische harmonika), church feels, cozy café feels, romantic feels, melancholic feels, and Last but not least – be CREATIVE in utilizing your limitations!

If you are interested in any of the open posts, please leave a message here, PM me, or email me at gf.creativeproductions@gmail.com along with a link or couple samples of your work.

Cheers and thanks for your attention!
Last edited by Golden.Fleece on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

Re: Maienzauber VN recruitment thread [Writer][Artist][Music

#2 Post by Raithfyre »

It's nice to see that your initial post is pretty thorough. However, I'd recommend including at least a couple samples of work done by your current artist and musician. Since styles vary so greatly there, it might be better for both parties if there's a clear example of what's needed.

Good luck.

Golden.Fleece
Regular

#3 Post by Golden.Fleece »

Raithfyre wrote:It's nice to see that your initial post is pretty thorough. However, I'd recommend including at least a couple samples of work done by your current artist
I did include that in my project dossier, as attached in the link at the top of the post. ANYWAY in case it was tl;dr I will repost them here;

Some concept art that we have done;

Uniforms:

Protagonist:

Theresa

Katharina

Sprite Testing

School BG

Raithfyre wrote:It'a couple samples of work done by your current ...musician.
We don't have one so we would be unable to upload or show this - we could however pointed some music on youtubes that shows the composition that we like but this would be a later communication with people who really are interested...

Thanks for the input!

EDIT: Fixed coding replies.

Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

#4 Post by Raithfyre »

Whoops, sorry, glossed over the dossier as just being part of the post, not a link. Damn my eyes! Anyway, looks nice. I hope you find who you need!

Golden.Fleece
Regular

#5 Post by Golden.Fleece »

Raithfyre wrote:Whoops, sorry, glossed over the dossier as just being part of the post, not a link. Damn my eyes! Anyway, looks nice. I hope you find who you need!
Thanks and yes I remembered your name back when I was still on Somnova.

iDD

#6 Post by iDD »

Could you post examples about the music you would want, please?

Golden.Fleece
Regular

#7 Post by Golden.Fleece »

iDD wrote:Could you post examples about the music you would want, please?
Hi IDD. Here are a few of the kind of music we like (youtube references)

For the melody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... k2Ds#t=166
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WWXFY#t=87
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... YHB0#t=192
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPdhe1pwy28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yOLQ#t=101
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apydWQvjEQ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d0fh6JiArU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGHHHjH_ox8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPf_fPtb ... lpage#t=81

Instruments that we like;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CahPD90d4Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqXUl9JA0c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU0pB7EiPRw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbmhMD_p1hY

basically we like the music to be simple enough to be hummed in everyday situation but catchy enough to be remembered. Of course we don't expect the music to be all of this quality or contain such localized instrument - but at least you get the feel what we are aiming for

Thanks for your enquiries - and hope to receive feedback =)

ViRiX Dreamcore
Regular
Projects: Lost Girl

#8 Post by ViRiX Dreamcore »

Hm the art seems pretty good and I can imagine some very nice melodies and chord progressions within this style. I'd love to help you guys out with songs if you'd like.

Although I am curious as to how that semi-commercial thing will work. Please let me know via PM or Skype (Phaze17). Thanks.
Music and sound effects
SoundCloud | YouTube | Facebook
Free SFX and music
OpenGameArt
Let me know if you'd like some help.

Golden.Fleece
Regular

#9 Post by Golden.Fleece »

thanks for your interest! Posted a PM for you

inujuju
Projects: Mihoka, Femme Mansion

#10 Post by inujuju »

Golden.Fleece wrote:
Open Position: Writer

Do you have a way with words? Are you a veritable wordsmith able to work with plot limitation and constraints yet still maintain creativity in engineering dramatic writing? Then we have a need for you!

- Creating a target girl appropriate to the created settings
- Tie her into the plot plans in line with the general direction
- Commit to a general (reasonable) deadline for the required writings
- Abide by the general direction that has been outlined by team
- Assist the director team in creating a look/art as well as musical theme appropriate to the character route as well as other creative components

Since our VN would have a very strong cultural background / settings presence – try to factor these following into your writing; German/Germansphere character/culture presence, convent school, transition period, dealing with loss, commitment, loyalty, betrayal, relationship, break up. Last but not least – be CREATIVE in utilizing your limitations!
Ah this sounds interesting!

For a submission however, what would you like me to do? Would you like examples of my work or would you like me to write a short on the current plot that you've laid out on your main post or otherwise? Also as you may notice I am a part of another group and am currently working on projects with them. While I see no problem in reaching set goals I want to make sure that you're alright with me being in another group besides this one so please let me know if you don't favor this. Unfortunately I am tied deeply to them so if you wish for me to be solely part of your group I will be unable to do so.

Thanks for taking the time to make this lovely post and best of luck with finding workers!

Golden.Fleece
Regular

#11 Post by Golden.Fleece »

inujuju wrote:Ah this sounds interesting!

For a submission however, what would you like me to do? Would you like examples of my work or would you like me to write a short on the current plot that you've laid out on your main post or otherwise? Also as you may notice I am a part of another group and am currently working on projects with them. While I see no problem in reaching set goals I want to make sure that you're alright with me being in another group besides this one so please let me know if you don't favor this. Unfortunately I am tied deeply to them so if you wish for me to be solely part of your group I will be unable to do so.

Thanks for taking the time to make this lovely post and best of luck with finding workers!
Thanks for your interest Inujuju - as for your inquiries, I'd prefer to have samples of your work first so we can have our team mates discuss whether we can unify your writing style with the rest - the reason of this is being that despite the VN having 4 routes - we do not want to have every girl's route feels like being done by "several" people - it may distort the novel experience and generally made it felt out of place or being a different game.

And yes I don't mind people being in other groups. As long as you would be discreet especially considering the inner plot or route knowledge you would be privy of if you are in the team!