(CLOSED)Los Muertos Games in need of Programmer(CLOSED)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
melodym3
Regular
Projects: TBD murder mystery vn
Organization: Los Muertos

(CLOSED)Los Muertos Games in need of Programmer(CLOSED)

#1 Post by melodym3 »

*CLOSED: We Found A Programmer*

This is not an urgent posting, as we would like to get a bulk of all the non-programming work done before you start so you feel more comfortable joining the team, knowing the game will be near completion. Instead this is more of an ice breaker, we're looking to see if there's an interest and possibly open up a dialogue with a few programmers to find the right fit. You'll most likely start work in a month or two if you join the team.

The Project: Hemlock Manor is a murder mystery visual novel with romantic and horror subplots (including both gxb and gxg options). Your choices in the game change the outcome of who is discovered to be the murderer as well as a love interest (both of which can overlap), allowing for multiple play-throughs with completely different plots. Think along the lines of the movie Clue, or the anime Higurashi When They Cry.

As of now, these are our goals for the project:
-14 possible endings
-15 animated backgrounds
-1 animated opening sequence
-8 original songs
-30 outfits per character (one for each day of the month).
-60 possible sprites per character (10 emotions and 6 body language to be combined)
-A corresponding webcomic

That's a lot to tackle but it's all already started, and like I mentioned above, we would have the majority of it done before you would get started so you can feel secure in the project reaching completion.

About Us: Los Muertos Games is a new indie studio but all members are professionals in their given fields. I'm a published freelance illustrator for example, so rest assured that you'll be working with people who are comfortable with this level of work. This position is for our current game but we have several lined up in the future as well if things work between us, we'd love to have a permanent addition to the studio.

What We Need From You: Programming, Programming, Programming. This is a large project, and though we'll have everything ready to go for you when you start, it will still be a large commitment. Most of the game is simple branching storylines with lots of options, which is a bit tedious but not complicated. We'll also need an inventory/clue system as well as a hidden stat system. So please only contact us if you're capable of doing all of these types of things.

Does it Pay?: Of course! This is a commercial game and we're a professional studio so it wouldn't be right to try and get work for free. The details are negotiable, though since this is our first game, we prefer someone who is willing either willing to be paid a little at a time (since it will be out of pocket for the rest of the team), wait until crowd funding or preorders for a full payment, or work for a royalty percentage. Though, I think a good compromise would be to make small payments over the course of the project, perhaps the first half of what is due through monthly payments, so you can feel comfortable and rewarded for your work, and then you will receive the final half on completion of crowd funding/pre-orders.

We're looking to have the programmer get started in a month or two and have the game completed by this time next year. If you think you sound like a good fit, are motivated, dedicated and excited about the project, start a discussion here as well as contact us for more information.

Let us know if you have any questions!
Last edited by melodym3 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Los Muertos Games in need of Programmer for VN (Paid)

#2 Post by briannavon »

I would like to apply for the programmer. I can wait until crowdfunding or be paid EXTREMLY cheap. Plus I have lots of free time so this would give me something productive to do. :)

I can also give examples of my coding work if you need me to.
Join Me At LivingGame Productions!

http://livinggameproductions.blogspot.com/

melodym3
Regular

#3 Post by melodym3 »

Thanks for the reply Brian. I know the forum rules say not to direct threads to an e-mail but I'm sure it's fine for recruiting so I don't hijack the entire thread. But yes, if you could e-mail me at losmuertosgames@gmail.com or send me a pm, I can give you some more info on the project and you can send tell me a bit more about your coding experience.

And don't worry, we wouldn't under pay you even if you were okay with that. It's important that everyone on the team get a fair cut. I've worked freelance long enough to know how rough it is out there for creative jobs.

All in all this job won't be very time consuming and we're happy to work around anyone's schedule. If you can get the programming done in around 9 months we'll be golden.

Of course if anyone else has a question, let me know!
ImageImage

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by briannavon »

melodym3 wrote:Thanks for the reply Brian. I know the forum rules say not to direct threads to an e-mail but I'm sure it's fine for recruiting so I don't hijack the entire thread. But yes, if you could e-mail me at losmuertosgames@gmail.com or send me a pm, I can give you some more info on the project and you can send tell me a bit more about your coding experience.

And don't worry, we wouldn't under pay you even if you were okay with that. It's important that everyone on the team get a fair cut. I've worked freelance long enough to know how rough it is out there for creative jobs.

All in all this job won't be very time consuming and we're happy to work around anyone's schedule. If you can get the programming done in around 9 months we'll be golden.

Of course if anyone else has a question, let me know!
OK. I can get it done in 9 months, so I will send a email.
Join Me At LivingGame Productions!

http://livinggameproductions.blogspot.com/

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

#5 Post by Sorakun »

Hi Melodym3,

After reading through your post i must say it sounds like a very intersting porject to work on and like it would be a lot of fun.

I would really like to join in on this project if the position is still open.
I have been programming for several years now and am currently also studying game programming at collage. Unfortunatelly i feel under challanged so I end up just programming a bunch of random stuff during my free time so it would be great to have something propper to work on.

If you would like any more information or want to get in contact, you can send me a pm on here and i should be able to respond within half an hour.

Regards
Sora

Sorakun
Regular

#6 Post by Sorakun »

Now that i have the application out of thw way,

Im curious as if you could give a bit of the plot away, like who do you play as, how does the game start?

I must say im really looking forward to this project, wether i get the position or not, it looks like it will be a really fun game to play.

melodym3
Regular

#7 Post by melodym3 »

I'll send you a pm with some more information on the story so I don't spoil anything. : )
ImageImage

melodym3
Regular

#8 Post by melodym3 »

Just an Update: I believe we found a good fit for this project. Thank you to everyone who sent messages and posted here in the thread, there was a lot of amazing talent to choose from and we expected to wait another month or two to decide but someone came along that was exactly what we needed. Best of luck to all of you and I'll definitely keep you in mind if we start any other games soon. : )
ImageImage

Sorakun
Regular

Re: (CLOSED)Los Muertos Games in need of Programmer(CLOSED)

#9 Post by Sorakun »

That is sad to hear, but great to hear you found someone that suited the position.

Looking forward to seeing updates as the project progresses.