Writer Offering Services for Free (Closed)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Writer16
Regular
Projects: Shades (GXB/Romance/Short/Silly/Freeware)
Tumblr: my-allisondiamond-world
Deviantart: allisondiamond1

Writer Offering Services for Free (Closed)

#1 Post by Writer16 »

Services Offered. (Closed)

Writer16 is currently offering her services. Her writing ranges from romance, mystery, and humor. She isn't a professional writer, if one is wondering, but a writer nevertheless. She is not accepting any payment because it's not admissible since she is not experienced, and also, she thinks it is wrongfully to since this is her hobby.

Her demands are lucid and plausible.

* Project must include a female protagonist.
* Project must be reasonable length. (Prefer at the maximum: 30, 000 words, but if a bit longer, then that's fine).
* Project must not be angst.
* Project must not have any yuri - centered obtainable. She is not comfortable writing around that.
* Details of project must be thoroughly clarified.
* Her expectancy must be clear.

That's all that she is asking. As a reminder, she would like to state that, the fastest that she could finish a chapter is, two week at the maximum, or a week at minimum, if needed a deadline.No more, no less. If not, she will take as much time as needed, to crafted up a great chapter and such, and give it her utmost attention, as if it was her own.

Please if you like her to work on your project, don't be clueless about the idea, and be prepare to give a full-in-dept report of the project.

Here is a sample of her work. It's a rough draft.

PROLOGUE
The wicked witch had captured her and Oliver and threw them in the dungeons. Cassie knew that the woman was capable of doing sinister things because she saw her summoning spirits, who drugged Martha, her nanny, and kidnapped her. She wanted to scream and shout, but she was far too scared to even attempt any notion of resistance.

So she sat down there – tried to not show weakness – and hope that someone will come and take them away from this prison. Until then she was going to have to deal with this, she decided, as much as it frightened her, to her dismay.

The door creaked, which reminded her, that it must be the witch coming for her daily visit. She closed her eyes and laid on the bed, hoping the witch would take it as a sign to leave.

But the witch came in with a tray of goodies, which she lost the appetite for.

“Princess is sleeping, now is she? Won't she have some cookies and milk before bed?” The witch pressed a hand on Cassie's forehead, causing her to flickered an eye open. “Princess, you're awaken. There are goodies, lots and lots, to fatten and sweeten you up.” The witch licked the back of her hand.

Cassie trembled and slightly shifted away from the bed. Her lips were red and inclined to escape, but her mind and body was too weak to coaxed or duped the witch. She looked the witch in the face, and her eyes stiffened with fear; the witch noted her fear and let out a low hissing sound.

“Princess, you're too much a softie and such a stubborn girl. I made these cookies specially for you, don't disappoint me by not eating them or else –” The witch's eyes turned a shade of vibrant red. She lifted a finger to Cassie's neck, bringing the girl's face upwards. The girl backed away, which to, she laughed: a hollow laughter.

“Princess, of course, you won't disappoint me. If you do, that pretty boyfriend of yours is going to be much in a much more difficult position than he is in –” She looked at the boy.

The boy's blonde hair was soaked with blood, his hand had a symbol on it, which was engraved in his flesh. Bruises were abound on his profile – his dignity was shredded – his clothes ripped. Cassie pressed a hand to his battered hand. The tears fell freely from her eyes, which had been building up.

“See, princess, you don't want anything bad more to happen to him?” the witch inquired, her brows twitching. “Wipe away those useless tears.”

Cassie nodded.

“Good. That's a very faithful boyfriend you have there, definitely a keeper. Now eat the cookies!”

Carefully, Cassie touched the plate, deciding it was safe, she took a cookie and shoved it in her mouth. It tasted like mud. She wanted to throw up.

The fairy have to come and save her and Oliver from the clutches of the evil witch.

That thought resurfaced strength and courage for her to make it through the day.

If this does not validate that she is a writer or does not gratify whomever; then she will be willing to show another example of her work, since there is a plethora to choose from. If not delightful, then she would love to thank those reading this, in advance.

If interested, do send a PM with the details.
Last edited by Writer16 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.

VMireil

Re: Writer Looking For Project!

#2 Post by VMireil »

I wish you good luck in your writing and the game on which you will be working on:)

P.S. I noticed a couple of grammatical errors and a few awkward sentence structures, if I were to be honest. But it's rather minor.

Once again, good luck :)

-Violet ;D

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

#3 Post by Sorakun »

I have a few questions,

What would you define as a reasonable length?
Are you ok with writing text for an already developed storyline?
Why do you write in the third person about yourself?

Writer16
Regular

#4 Post by Writer16 »

Sorakun wrote:I have a few questions,

What would you define as a reasonable length?
Are you ok with writing text for an already developed storyline?
Why do you write in the third person about yourself?

Anything around 10,000 to 30,000 words.

Yes, I am okay with already written text.

Oh, that, um is idiotic but I can't really answer that question.

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

#5 Post by Sorakun »

The third question didn't really need an answer, I was just curious,

About the story, I am currently working on a romance story with 2 possible playable characters, 1 male 1 female both with their own multiple endings.
I know how the story is to play out but I am terrible at writing so, do you think it would be something you where interested in?

If so I'll happily go over the rest of the details

Writer16
Regular

#6 Post by Writer16 »

Sorakun wrote:The third question didn't really need an answer, I was just curious,

About the story, I am currently working on a romance story with 2 possible playable characters, 1 male 1 female both with their own multiple endings.
I know how the story is to play out but I am terrible at writing so, do you think it would be something you where interested in?

If so I'll happily go over the rest of the details

PM me the details and I will give you an answer.
"You can fix anything but a blank page." -- Nora Roberts.

"An intelligent person can rationalize anything, a wise person doesn't try." -- Jen Knox.

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition." -- Abraham Lincoln.

Writer16
Regular

#7 Post by Writer16 »

VMireil wrote:I wish you good luck in your writing and the game on which you will be working on:)

P.S. I noticed a couple of grammatical errors and a few awkward sentence structures, if I were to be honest. But it's rather minor.

Once again, good luck :)

-Violet ;D

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm positive that I know about the awkward sentence structures that you're talking about, which I have to revise.

"An intelligent person can rationalize anything, a wise person doesn't try." -- Jen Knox.

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition." -- Abraham Lincoln.

Writer16
Regular

Re: Writer Offering Services for Free.

#8 Post by Writer16 »

Closed for now. I rather work solo for now until I have a better grasp of everything.

Thanks for the offers, even if they weren't exactly according to my requests, but it was still wonderful. (That example needs to go.)