Stained with Magic: Recruiting Voice Artists [Update: 12/19]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
tnm6
Regular
Projects: Among the Distant Stars, Stained with Magic, The Remembrance Trilogy: Reminiscence
Organization: Anansi Media

Re: Stained with Magic: Recruiting Voice Artists [Update: 11

#16 Post by tnm6 »

Hamlet7768 wrote:Second Audition was sent a while ago. Curious, when can we expect to hear from the judges?
It's been received. Thank you!

To answer your question: judges have been reviewing all of the auditions, but based upon the number of submissions received we anticipate the official casting of characters to take place between 2-4 weeks time. However, updates will be periodically sent to all applicants during that period.

-Toby

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#17 Post by Sayashiro »

I will try getting my lines in my tomorrow or sometime this coming week. Just need to find some quiet recording time.
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

tnm6
Regular
Projects: Among the Distant Stars, Stained with Magic, The Remembrance Trilogy: Reminiscence

#18 Post by tnm6 »

Sayashiro wrote:I will try getting my lines in my tomorrow or sometime this coming week. Just need to find some quiet recording time.
Sounds great! We look forward to hearing them!

tnm6
Regular

#19 Post by tnm6 »

The main post has been updated as of 11/25/13.

Samantha Chan
Regular
Projects: Project Dualis; ACE Academy; One Leaf Clover; Seduce Me; Maid with Perfection; Cafe Memoria; Asagao Academy; The Reject Demon: Toko

#20 Post by Samantha Chan »

Audition sent !
Voice Actress // Writer
Youtube | Resume

harajukulolita
Regular
Completed: None so far!
Projects: Currently working on... Starlight Wishes
Tumblr: loli-studio
Deviantart: harajukulolita

#21 Post by harajukulolita »

This is cool, will definitely send in an audition for Sophia, I study French so should be able to pull of the French accent fairly well :D

tnm6
Regular

#22 Post by tnm6 »

Samantha Chan wrote:Audition sent !
Got it! Thank you :)
harajukulolita wrote:This is cool, will definitely send in an audition for Sophia, I study French so should be able to pull of the French accent fairly well :D

Sounds great! We're excited to listen to your audition.

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#23 Post by Sayashiro »

Auditions for Sarah sent in. I will have more auditions sent in this Friday.
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

Trina
Regular
Projects: Acidic, All The Pretty Flowers, Evolved: Codex Wars, Cafe Memoria, Yggdrasil, Yin/Yang
Tumblr: @TrinaDeuhart

#24 Post by Trina »

Just sent an audition for a few of the characters.

Triscy

#25 Post by Triscy »

I want to work on some auditions for Mori Tadou, as I feel I could pull off his role pretty well, but I want to know if you guys have any idea what kind of pitch or traits his voice should probably carry. I'm going to try out some different voices overall, but if you have something specific that you'd like to hear in his voice, I can try and accommodate for it.

I was also thinking of auditioning for The Listener, as I'm confident that I would make a good villain character, but I feel my voice wouldn't sound right, as I'm 19 and he's supposed to be in his late 30s.

tnm6
Regular

#26 Post by tnm6 »

Sayashiro wrote:Auditions for Sarah sent in. I will have more auditions sent in this Friday.
Received! Thanks!
Trina wrote:Just sent an audition for a few of the characters.
Got them! Thank you!
Triscy wrote:I want to work on some auditions for Mori Tadou, as I feel I could pull off his role pretty well, but I want to know if you guys have any idea what kind of pitch or traits his voice should probably carry. I'm going to try out some different voices overall, but if you have something specific that you'd like to hear in his voice, I can try and accommodate for it.

I was also thinking of auditioning for The Listener, as I'm confident that I would make a good villain character, but I feel my voice wouldn't sound right, as I'm 19 and he's supposed to be in his late 30s.
The only direction we wanted to provide was the emotional foundation (in italics) for each line. That we would could see the way various voice artists interpret the role naturally and, accordingly, which voice artists are inherently suited for the character.

Concerning the Listener, the only advice I can give is to give it a shot, especially if you think you are well suited for villainous roles.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Triscy

#27 Post by Triscy »

tnm6 wrote:The only direction we wanted to provide was the emotional foundation (in italics) for each line. That we would could see the way various voice artists interpret the role naturally and, accordingly, which voice artists are inherently suited for the character.

Concerning the Listener, the only advice I can give is to give it a shot, especially if you think you are well suited for villainous roles.

Alright, thanks for the response. I'll work on some auditions for both of them in the next 2 days or so.

Head_Phones
Regular
Projects: Clichéd

#28 Post by Head_Phones »

I sent in my audition yay

However if I wanted to redo it some other time, could I do so?
'You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater'
~Austin Powers

Profile pic drawn by the wonderful akemicchi

|| Honest Critique ||

tnm6
Regular

#29 Post by tnm6 »

Triscy wrote:
tnm6 wrote:The only direction we wanted to provide was the emotional foundation (in italics) for each line. That we would could see the way various voice artists interpret the role naturally and, accordingly, which voice artists are inherently suited for the character.

Alright, thanks for the response. I'll work on some auditions for both of them in the next 2 days or so.
Sounds great!
Head_Phones wrote:I sent in my audition yay
However if I wanted to redo it some other time, could I do so?
I received it, thank you! And yes, as long as the casting call is open you may submit multiple versions of your takes for a character.

tnm6
Regular

Re: Stained with Magic: Recruiting Voice Artists [Update: 12

#30 Post by tnm6 »

The main post has been updated as of 12/4.