Recruiting for "Touhou Byakuren - Memories of a Cosmic Mind"

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Gaigaia

Recruiting for "Touhou Byakuren - Memories of a Cosmic Mind"

#1 Post by Gaigaia »

Hello,

As I introduced myself in the guestbook, I'm Victor Gaigaia, a writer. Although most of my writings are in Portuguese, my mother tongue, including a poetry book that I was able to publish, I do write in other languages, including English.

For the past days, I've been writing a fanfiction for Byakuren Hijiri, from the Touhou Project. Byakuren is a Zen Buddhist monk that, when faced with the death of her brother, the monk Myouren, was completely taken by the fear of death. She then abandoned all her faith and dealt with dark sorcery to be eternally young and conquer death, but lost her passion for life in exchange.

The story is told from the point of view of Byakuren, while she tries to remember all the events of her life. The writing is mostly introspective and poetic in nature, and many points during the story the memories of the character are confronted, with not even herself believing in what she remembers anymore.

Through a review of that fanfiction, I've came to know a member of this forum, shad12ow. He suggested me to bring here my writing and share my idea. So, following his advice, here I am, sharing with you guys what I've written. Besides writing, I can sing, play a little of acoustic guitar and flute. Beyond that, there is little that I can do artistically. I cannot edit movies, compose music, program games, draw and animate pictures or direct films. I'm but a writer, and that is my only and my all that I can offer.

With that in mind, I invite any of you to read my story and to be part of it. If my story can inspire you to draw, animate or compose something, I would be very happy to see it happen. Shad12ow gave the idea of a VN, and, so, I'm also inviting anyone interested in this forum to join me and make a VN out of it. I will tell the truth, I never done something like that. I don't know even where to start, but I'm eager to learn and I would be glad to work together with a group to make it happen.

This text might have been long, but I wanted to talk a little bit of myself and the project, and I hope you people feel interested. Now I will present the link for the fanfic:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9868509/1/ ... osmic-Mind

And here is the link of me reading the fanfic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5FCld3ye1w

My e-mail is victor.mamede@hotmail.com

My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/victor.gaigaia

Any questions, suggestions and people interested, please, feel free to mail me and add me in facebook.

Greetings to all,

Gaigaia

Shad12ow
Regular
Projects: Kage's Room

Re: Recruiting for "Touhou Byakuren - Memories of a Cosmic M

#2 Post by Shad12ow »

Welcome to the forum! So glad to see you here. Well, although that is a long explanation, I still feel something is lacking.

Like are you going to distribute this for free or not? And also you have to be specific about the kind of skill you are looking for. I'll PM the rest to you.

Well, welcome and hope for the best!

Oh, for Touhou fans, I really recommend reading his fiction, the link is on his post there. Very good and emotional. Just try reading it, hehehe...

Gaigaia

#3 Post by Gaigaia »

Thanks for the comment Shad12ow. Well, I didn't make it clear in my post some things, you are right.

About the VN being free or not, I really didn't think about it. I don't know if a Touhou VN can be sold. I have no idea about copyright issue. At first, I was thinking on it being free, but I'm open for ideas and possibilities, would the team talk with me. Just share your ideas.

Also, I would like to carify that this is also not a paid work. I just wanted to make a story that would move people and make them think about some aspects of life. Would this eventually be sold, we would then share any profit, no problem. But, at first, this is a work of love, not really a work whose objective is to profit.

About members for the team, we are needing artists. A designer, background and character artist are first priorities, but a musician would be very welcome. I, myself, am I singer and can voice act to some degree, and can play a little bit of guitar and flute, but I'm a very bad composer.

Overal, although I specified some jobs that are needed, anyone interested will be very welcome. Why? Because I like hearing from different ideas and learning from different points of view. So, if you are interested in being part of the team, feel free to make contact.

Sincerely,

Gaigaia

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4 Post by fleet »

I am not a lawyer. You would probably get in trouble with the copyright owner if you tried selling a Touhou VN.
For specific legal advice on copyright law, consult an attorney.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Gaigaia

#5 Post by Gaigaia »

Basically, the idea is for that to be free. ^^