Greeny's Ren'Py Services

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

Re: Greeny's Ren'Py Services

#31 Post by Caveat Lector »

Bookmarked for future reference. :D (Gah, can't imagine programming something like The Madness myself; just reading the source code makes my head hurt...)

Though I have a few questions about the programming/coding process: Would we also need to provide the script itself, or just go "I'd like [x] here for me to add"? Like, to use The Madness as an example:

"I would like the protagonist to eat a certain amount of nuts before he starts going, well, nuts. Can you create a loop counter for that?"

OR:

"Here's the outline of what he says after he eats a certain amount of nuts. Can you create a loop counter around that?"

With the first example, it would be:

"Can I have a loop counter?"

Second example:

"Script:
[insert loop-thingy here]
I'm gonna eat infinity chestnuts!"
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#32 Post by Greeny »

Caveat Lector wrote:Bookmarked for future reference. :D (Gah, can't imagine programming something like The Madness myself; just reading the source code makes my head hurt...)

Though I have a few questions about the programming/coding process: Would we also need to provide the script itself, or just go "I'd like [x] here for me to add"? Like, to use The Madness as an example:

"I would like the protagonist to eat a certain amount of nuts before he starts going, well, nuts. Can you create a loop counter for that?"

OR:

"Here's the outline of what he says after he eats a certain amount of nuts. Can you create a loop counter around that?"

With the first example, it would be:

"Can I have a loop counter?"

Second example:

"Script:
[insert loop-thingy here]
I'm gonna eat infinity chestnuts!"
That's nuts!

Right now I'm unavailable to do script writing so if you want the protagonist to say anything, you'll have to provide their lines, but otherwise either way works.

I can say one thing; The more complete everything else is (writing, art, gui) the better I work.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by Greeny »

So when I said I have "infinity" slots open... Well it wasn't a lie just so much as maybe a... "deliberate untruth".

Anyways the point being that I've been reserved for a number of "Entire Project"-scale jobs that I won't be taking on any additional entire projects. I'm still open for smaller jobs however.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#34 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Greeny wrote: Anyways the point being that I've been reserved for a number of "Entire Project"-scale jobs that I won't be taking on any additional entire projects. I'm still open for smaller jobs however.
Your definition of smaller jobs?

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Greeny »

Uh... good question. Basically anything that isn't building up an entire framework from scratch? That would be combat systems, dungeon crawling and dating sim engines, I believe.

Although most of my current workload is combat systems, so I might even be persuaded to do a standard-issue dating sim engine.

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#36 Post by Xerofit51 »

Are you currently still available?

Quester
Completed: Inspector Magnusson: Murder on the Titanic, Emily Archer and the Curse of Tutankhamen, The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, 1912 Titanic Mystery
Projects: Sorority Sister Sleuths, TimeSlip, The Siren of Seattle, Adventure: Antarctica!
Organization: Quester Entertainment

#37 Post by Quester »

Greeny--I see that the original post is a couple of years old. Are you still offering these services?

AoiUsui
Regular
Completed: Alice's Dolls
Projects: Alice's Dolls, Tappy Virus
Organization: Otaku Brigade
itch: otakubrigade

#38 Post by AoiUsui »

Hi there,

Are you still doing these services?

I'm kinda interesting to do some projects in the future.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,