Writer (Sorta Artist) Working for free!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Crystaline Spade
Regular
Projects: Where the Wind Travels
Tumblr: crystaline-spade
Deviantart: CrystalineSpade

Writer (Sorta Artist) Working for free!

#1 Post by Crystaline Spade »

Wow! This place is great!!
Okay as you may have already seen from my profile I'm currently a highschooler with a lot of free time.
Even though I may lack experience I actually work pretty fast and hate it when things seem like a rip-off.
Like the title says I'm willing to work completely free of charge as long as you credit me.
I mean beggars can't be choosers.

Okay,
As a writer I enjoy writing a lot of different things.
I'm not good at writing sci-fi.
I'll give just about anything a shot!
As an artist I mostly sketch but a lot of people like how I'm trying my own unique style.
If you want to check out some of my work go to deviantart, I use the same name without the space.

Also,
Even if you think I'll be totally useless please feel free to give me any and all advice!!
Here's my deviantart account
http://crystalinespade.deviantart.com/

That's a CrystalineSpade for you!
(What should I show you to show my writing skills?)
Last edited by Crystaline Spade on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

Re: Writer (Sorta Artist) Working for free!

#2 Post by desulishor »

For some advice, putting a link to any story you've written in the past will help. You'd probably know deviantart lets you store written art as well. (VNs are mostly written in first person so it would if the story is too.)
But, to be honest, someone already running a project would always prefer someone with experience, so the fastest way to get actually started might be to come up with a game project of your own. The great thing about Renpy is that it's so simple to use, even short stories are worth making into games, if nothing else, just to get the feeling that you can actually do things from start to end.
To get started with a story though, all I can say is to pick a genre, a topic, an 'area' that actually interests you enough and start writing something that could become a meaningful story. The rest is just persistence.

I remember that I started dabbling around with stories in high school as well, so I kinda feel like I could offer advice or help to get you started, but that's all up to you of course. (My interests are kind of limited to fantasy, modern day sci-fi and B x G romance. At least I know the basics of Renpy's code, but definitely not a programmer. If it's worth anything, the first game I've managed to complete: http://www.indiedb.com/games/project-dualis

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#3 Post by Crystaline Spade »

Well, if you notice the projects on my thing it says Where the Wind travels.
I'm working on one but I suck at coloring and need to find someone to help with it...
But the only friends that do that kinda thing are impossible to contact...
I'll try to post some stories on deviantart in the near future...
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#4 Post by Laiska »

If you're working on a VN and need (and want) help, I'm sure you could recruit some on this forum. Just be sure to read the recruitment guidelines carefully before posting!

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#5 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Crystaline Spade wrote:Well, if you notice the projects on my thing it says Where the Wind travels.
I'm working on one but I suck at coloring and need to find someone to help with it...
But the only friends that do that kinda thing are impossible to contact...
I'll try to post some stories on deviantart in the near future...
Rule 1: Don't make it hard for the public to see what you do. Direct links work a lot better than expecting every person to go hunting.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#6 Post by Crystaline Spade »

Um... That was just to say I was doing something...
Right now I'm at the part were I either scrap the idea or start doing something else...
I've kinda got the bad habit of never finishing anything unless I think it will reach a certain level of good...
And I'm still missing big chunks so, if I put a link up it won't be for a while...

On a separate note I started posting short random scenes in deviantart.
(Can someone tell me how to make a link? It's one of those things everyone expects you to know so no ones ever explained how to me)
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#7 Post by Michiyo6918 »

Crystaline Spade wrote:Um... That was just to say I was doing something...
Right now I'm at the part were I either scrap the idea or start doing something else...
I've kinda got the bad habit of never finishing anything unless I think it will reach a certain level of good...
And I'm still missing big chunks so, if I put a link up it won't be for a while...

On a separate note I started posting short random scenes in deviantart.
(Can someone tell me how to make a link? It's one of those things everyone expects you to know so no ones ever explained how to me)

Do you mean by linking an URL? Just copy and paste the link is fine. But if you mean upload picture, then go to full editor and scroll down, look for "Upload attachment". That should do the trick.
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”