Voice Over Auditions! (Nova: Synthesis Creaturum)(RESULTS!)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
thestringsofgold
Regular
Projects: Nova: Synthesis Creaturum

Voice Over Auditions! (Nova: Synthesis Creaturum)(RESULTS!)

#1 Post by thestringsofgold »

[EDIT] Auditions are closed! Results will be posted a week or so later from today.
[EDIT 2] The results are in!

Merona: Anairis
Kreita: Tomoyo Ichijouji
Ranan: Roth
Queen Voya: Dazed
Headmaster Wriane: Adoxographist
Merona's Mom: Adoxographist
Duran: Evan Bremer
Lexan: Ryan Niederkorn
Rett: Hipe
Prowen: Ashton Howard
King Drae: Ryan Almario
Merona's Dad: Ashton Howard

Nova: Synthesis Creaturum is an upcoming free fantasy visual novel for teens and up. For more information, this is the link to its thread on here.

First off, I'd like to thank those who expressed interest in doing voice overs for the characters. Because I wasn't expecting a lot of people to offer their services, I didn't think that I'd need auditions. Now that I've gotten a larger response from so many talented VAs, I've decided to hold auditions so everyone can display their most recent abilities.

Another thing I should mention; I will not be paying you for your services. This VN is a free one, and does not have funding or budget of any sort. The team plans to perhaps make some DLC that is for profit, but this will not guarantee that you will be payed if enough people buy it. If the VN gets popular enough that it would be predicted that the DLC would also be popularly bought, then that would be the time to discuss payment and see how much revenue can be split.

Deadline: March 15th, 2014. Please try to contact me by then. I won't accept anything else after that date. If I feel that I need to extend the deadline, then it is a possibility.

Rules:
-You're allowed to audition for more than one role! Try to audition for no more than two main roles. You can only have the chance to obtain one main role.
-Only audition if you know that you can handle this project and its planned length (6-7 months). Remember, there's always a chance of us finishing it later or sooner than the expected date.
-I shouldn't have to mention this, but do not try to use any forms of bribery, blackmail, or other kinds of manipulation for your audition. None of that will be tolerated.

Recording and Contact Information:
-Send me links or files of previous works/demo reel(s) you'd like me to hear (even if you already have done that; it'd be easier if everything for you is in one place)
-Record either in a .wav or .mp3 format.
-Say the lines I give you in the style of the character (character information posted further down)
-Save it as "charactername_yourname.wav" or "charactername_yourname.mp3" (ex: merona_janedoe.wav, duran_clouds123.mp3)
-Send your auditions to me via PM by linking it in a download (ex. Mediafire, Dropbox), linking it to a Soundcloud/other audio sharing site, or email it to thestringsofgold@gmail.com

Other Info:
-You do not have to use your full/real name. You are allowed to go by a pseudonym or a username.
-There are no age limits or restrictions.
-Make sure your recordings are high-quality (no background noise, popping sounds, clear tone, etc).
-If I think you'd be suited for another character, I have the ability to cast you as that character.
-If you have any other questions at all, PM me or email me at thestringsofgold@gmail.com

Characters:
Here are descriptions of the characters. There are going to be 13 characters who need to be voiced (I have one female character already accepted). Some are major, some are minor. If you're interested in fully voicing not only the dialogue of the main character, but also the thoughts of her, mention that in your PM or email. There may be appearances of small extra characters, so if you can do varying voices, that'd be wonderful. I'm currently working on in-depth profiles of each character (except the parents), so if you want even more info about the character, I will try to supply as much as I can.

Please pronounce the character's name in the beginning of your recording(s) as well. If you have any questions to the pronunciation guides I'll be writing here, record what you think I mean for you to say, send them to me, and I can give you corrections if needed.

By the way, if you see the character sketch and have a different idea of what the voice should sound like, then you are allowed to also send me a different recording (and label the two as 1 and 2) with your personal version of the voice! You still need to send a recording with the instructions I've given.

FEMALES:
Name: Merona Kovene (mur-OH-nuh KOH-veen)
(Main Character- let me know if you're interested in fully voicing both thoughts and dialogue)
Description: Sort of mom-like for her age, empathetic, positive, curious, and imaginative. She can get easily distracted and may be over-optimistic at times.
Character Sketch: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... ad51bf.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 6bbcab.jpg
Voice type: Normal teenage girl voice that is more on the high side, but not very far from an average teenage girl. Almost cutesy sounding, but not a defining feature. Bright and cheerful.
Audition line 1: "Hopefully, this isn’t a false alarm and is the real deal. My theories would come true!"
Audition line 2: "Well, I can’t skip out on this homework unless I want to fail this assignment and possibly repeat a level seeing my current standpoint."

Name: Kreita Henik (KRY-tuh HEN-ihk)
(main speaking parts)
Description: A playful and fun-loving woman who loves adventure and isn't afraid to be different. She's a hard worker and enjoys physical activity.
Character Sketch: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 4c6b0f.jpg
Voice type: Between a teen and adult voice. Strong, with laughter seemingly traced in her words. Very lively.
Audition line 1: "Why, I'd love to tag along! I've always imagined something like this happening, so I can't believe that I met you all. This is going to be fantastic!"
Audition line 2: (trying to contain laughter) "Um... I don't think that's actually berries..."

Name: Ranan Serlis (RAH-nin SUR-liss)
(minor speaking parts)(brief appearance)(must be able to change voice type in personality)
Description: A bit chilly and reserved. Fakes a semi-pleasant attitude and mood most of the time, but still sounds somewhat bitter and cold. The second personality is (genuinely) warm, kind, and sweet.
Character Sketch 1 (1st personality): http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... aa8772.jpg
Character Sketch 2 (2nd personality): http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 4c265f.jpg
Voice type: Medium-low range. Like a matured voice of a young woman. Not teen-like at all. Both personality types have this kind of voice.
Audition line 1 (1st personality): "Oh? Then... I suppose I could help you with your journey. I have some excess supplies that I can donate to your group."
Audition line 2 (2nd personality): "Don't worry at all, dearest. I'll make sure you'll enjoy this event. If you ever become tired, please notify me, and I'll tend to you."

Name: Queen Voya (VOY-yah)
(minor speaking parts)(brief appearance)
Description: A queen who is refined, poised, and elegant. Married but with no children. Can be reserved and semi-shy sometimes. Feels lonely.
Character Sketch (the one on the right): http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 260c2e.jpg
Voice type: Medium-low voice of an adult woman that is between gentle and strong. Carries a sort of small sorrow and tiredness in her voice when speaking to others, voice can brighten depending on the person.
Audition line 1: (speaking with regular people) "I see. Very well then. Please give him this message and request that he reads it in private. Thank you."
Audition line 2: (speaking with certain person who increases her happiness) "I'm not sure what I should do today. Do you have something in mind? I'm always open to your ideas."

Name: Headmaster Wriane (REE-ane)
Description: A seemingly mysterious headmaster of an academy. Wise and formal. Friendly to the staff and students. Usually alone on her own time, by choice.
Character Sketch: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 118426.jpg
Voice type: Medium voice of an adult woman. Intellectual with some friendliness sprinkled on top. A voice that is able to project far, but is usually not very loud-spoken. Is able to become a disciplined and sharp voice, but her reprimanding usually sounds like a more forceful and loud version of her normal voice..
Audition line 1: "Thank you for coming in here, Student. I take it that you had a pleasant rest last night? Is your injury healed? I give my most sincere wishes to your recovery."
Audition line 2: "If only everything I told you was a joke. Wouldn't everything be better if it was never serious or real? But that's not why everyone is living and continuing to survive in this world."

Name: Merona's mom (you can label this as just "mom")
Description: A very homely and dedicated farmer along with her husband. Loves caring for things and has a knack for taking care of children and animals. A sweet and gentle mother.
Character Sketch (the one at the right): http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 586d0a.jpg
Voice type: Sounds very motherly and full of warmth and love. Medium voice of an adult woman, tends to speak more on the soft side.
Audition line 1: "How has school been faring for you? Are you learning much? I bet you don't enjoy school as much as working with your favorite chickens back here at home."
Audition line 2: "Don't worry, dear. Just hold your head up high and try your best. It's better to do something like this than nothing at all."

MALES:
Name: Duran Trist (DUR-in TRIH-st)
(main speaking parts)
Description: May seem kind of unapproachable, but in truth is amusing and strong-willed. Honest and sometimes too blunt. Can be over-pessimistic at times, stubborn, and lazy. Sensitive over small things (ex. his height). Enjoys sarcasm and entertainment.
Character Sketch: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 54acb2.png
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... f047a0.jpg
Voice type: Middle-ranged, cool voice that has some minor pessimistic/sarcastic undertones. Still has a boy-like quality to it. Not very lively, but still having some life to it and can be enjoyable to listen to. Voice changes depending on the person/situation (ex. can become teasing/playful/slightly warmer to a love interest, whiny over certain laborious tasks).
Audition line 1: (sarcastic) "You're asking me if I just set that tree on fire? Well, I don't know, why don't you ask that guy with flames coming out of his nose— yes, I was the one who set that tree on fire."
Audition line 2: (whiny) "But that looks way too heavy for me to handle. Can't you ask someone else to carry it? I'll probably only slow us down."
Audition line 3: (teasing/playful) "Maybe you should try falling into a lake of syrup next time so you can't get out. After all, I know you'd much rather prefer that then falling into water."

Name: Lexan Nerion (LEX-in nur-RY-in)
(main speaking parts)
Description: A master mage (instructor at the academy) who became one at a young age. Very bright and intelligent, excelled in academics. Used to be somewhat socially awkward, but is now past that.
Character Sketch: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... f3a88e.jpg
Voice type: Medium adult male voice that doesn't sound very boy-like, but still has the tiniest bit of a teenage voice left. Cool voice that sounds smooth and almost matured. Slightly lively.
Audition line 1: "Hello, Student. Have you been preparing well for this assessment? I hope you can accomplish what I will give you."
Audition line 2: "Well... I suppose I can pull a few strings and let this go if that's what you want. But if you need my help again, do not hesitate to speak with me."

Name: Rett Toikas (RETT TOY-kahs)
(main speaking parts)
Description: A bit self-absorbed and haughty. Can seem conceited at times. Enjoys talking and entertainment. Sort of immature, but can discipline himself.
Character Sketch: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 08a9f7.jpg
Voice type: Medium-low adult male voice that has a slightly cocky tone to it. Very strong and passionate voice.
Audition line 1: "Hey, I'm pretty experienced with what that thing everyone adores so much. You know what I'm talking about... I can tell you need some of my loooooooovvvvvve advice."
Audition line 2: "I can help you out here, but it's going to have to cost you... your dinner for the next five days. That's not too bad of a deal though right?"

Name: Prowen Mair (PROH-win MARE)
(main speaking parts)
Description: Cold and reserved. Refuses to let anyone pry into him and his mind. Prefers being alone and doing things on his own. May enjoy the occasional prank or joke. Identity is unknown.
Character Sketch: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 02b20a.jpg
Voice type: Medium-low adult male voice that sounds bored or annoyed most of the time, with twinges of tiredness. May sound grave at certain times.
Audition line 1: "Can you stop moving so much and go to sleep like everyone else? You're going to keep me up until morning with that shuffling sound."
Audition line 2: "Some things were just never meant to happen, and I was a fool to think that I could do this. It goes to show why everything I do never succeeds."

Name: Boyen Grattis (BOY-in GRAT-tihs)
(minor speaking parts)
Description: A jolly and gentle over-weight cook who has a love for food.
Character Sketch: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 6b3173.jpg
Voice type: Medium/medium-high adult male voice that's more soft-spoken and gentle. Slight lilt.
Audition line 1: "How could you say that to her? It's like you don't carrot about her at all."
Audition line 2: "Those two would make such a great pear."

Name: King Drae (DRAY)
Description: Bitter and cold toward most people. Less cold to others like his wife. Stressed and paranoid.
Character Sketch (the one on the left): http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 260c2e.jpg
Voice type: Low, deep voice that has an authoritative sound. Almost aggressive.
Audition line 1: "I don't care what happens with this anymore. I just need her to be gone or else I'm going to murder myself."
Audition line 2: "Yes... with this I can finally see what I've always envisioned. It's turned out much better than I expected. I'm excited to use it in action.

Name: Merona's dad (you can label this name as just "dad")
Description: Similar personality to her mother. Sweet and caring, Merona's dad prefers working out in the fields tending to the crops.
Character Sketch (the one on the left): http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ ... 586d0a.jpg
Voice type: Gentle medium-low adult male voice that's encouraging and warm.
Audition line 1: "Would you like to come out and help me look at what the problem is? I think you can spare a few minutes."
Audition line 2: "No matter what happens, you'll still be yourself and we'll still be ourselves; so come home if you ever need to."

I will respond ASAP when I receive your audition to let you know I got it. Thanks for your time! Remember to contact me if you have any questions, and share this with other potential and aspiring voice actors. I look forward to hearing the potential CVs!
Last edited by thestringsofgold on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Image Image

naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

Re: Voice Actress/Actor Auditions! (Nova: Synthesis Creaturu

#2 Post by naqlada »

Sending something today!

thestringsofgold
Regular

#3 Post by thestringsofgold »

naqlada wrote:Sending something today!
Received! Thank you~
Image Image

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#4 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Audition sent~

thestringsofgold
Regular

#5 Post by thestringsofgold »

Sakura Hughes wrote:Audition sent~
Received, and once again, thank you. :3
Image Image

thestringsofgold
Regular

#6 Post by thestringsofgold »

A little bump in case some are looking for auditions. :3
Image Image

thestringsofgold
Regular

#7 Post by thestringsofgold »

Lil' bump right here.
Image Image

thestringsofgold
Regular

#8 Post by thestringsofgold »

Only less than a week left until auditions close!
Image Image

Estear

#9 Post by Estear »

Just sent an audition your way!

thestringsofgold
Regular

#10 Post by thestringsofgold »

Estear wrote:Just sent an audition your way!
Thank you, and received!
Image Image

OmegasOblivion

#11 Post by OmegasOblivion »

audition sent. on deadline day but well they're on your mail~ thank you

thestringsofgold
Regular

#12 Post by thestringsofgold »

Auditions are closed! Results will be posted a week or so later from today.
Image Image

thestringsofgold
Regular

Re: Voice Over Auditions! (Nova: Synthesis Creaturum)(RESULT

#13 Post by thestringsofgold »

The results are in!

Merona: Anairis
Kreita: Tomoyo Ichijouji
Ranan: Roth
Queen Voya: Dazed
Headmaster Wriane: Adoxographist
Merona's Mom: Adoxographist
Duran: Evan Bremer
Lexan: Ryan Niederkorn
Rett: Hipe
Prowen: Ashton Howard
King Drae: Ryan Almario
Merona's Dad: Ashton Howard

Thank you so much to everyone who auditioned! It was tough to pick just one person for the role, but decisions have to be made. Looking forward to working with all the character voices!
Image Image