Recruiting Artist for NaNoRenO (Updated)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

Recruiting Artist for NaNoRenO (Updated)

#1 Post by broken_angel »

UPDATE: You can now find the project's WIP thread here!

Hello! I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the NaNoRenO forum, but here it goes...

Some of you may know me from my game, Memoirs of an Angel, or the remake currently in production.

I know there's absolutely no way I can even hope to finish Memoirs for NaNoRenO, but I would still like to participate for once.
What I have planned is a sort of prequel to Memoirs that details the life of Genesis, Emperor Osirus’ late wife and a character who is very important to Zuleika’s story for spoilery reasons.
No branching storyline or anything (though there might occasionally be dialogue options), just a brief collection of short stories.

Are there any artists who would be interested in working with me on this?
Rather than the standard sprites-on-a-background format, I’d like to go for a series of illustrations with minimal color, if possible, preferably leaning more towards realism than anime style (though it would depend on the artist, obviously).

Unfortunately, I’m afraid I can’t afford to pay anyone at this point (if I could I would, seriously), so if there’s no interest, I totally understand and will figure out something on my own.
However, as the artist, you would have free reign over the art direction of the game and could even collaborate with me on the story if you wanted to (most of it’s planned out already, but we could make adjustments).

I know, I know, I should have started looking for an artist way earlier, but March snuck up on me. ;__;
If you’re in the least bit interested in helping me put together this free game for NaNoRenO, please let me know and send/post some samples.
Keep in mind that we’ll be on a deadline, so if you’re expecting to be busy during the month of March, this probably isn’t the project for you.

Thank you for taking the time to hear me out! In the meantime, I'll start preparing and writing.

EDIT: Someone has offered to sponsor the artist for $10 and I would be willing to match their contribution, so although it isn't much, you will be compensated a little (up to $20) for your work here.
Again, please let me know if you are interested and we can work something out.