Otome game help needed!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
puellamagi123

Re: Otome game help needed!

#16 Post by puellamagi123 »

MaiMai wrote:First off, you're spamming your own topic. Granted there's content, but you didn't even really read the rules of this forum did you? Second, I think you can benefit from lurking around and look at the other recruitment topics to see how people write their opening posts because what you have right now is messy and unorganized, when everything you're posting right now could literally just be in your first post. Laiska just linked you the same set of rules I did for the Recruitment forum, and because you're new you really REALLY should read them.
btw, I'm naturally messy (reluctant giggle). It's just a part of who I am, although thanks for the advice, but you are coming across a little bit rude.. it would be nice if your tips were a little more positive. although I do appreciate help so as I said earlier, thanks.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#17 Post by MaiMai »

I apologize for coming across as condescending. But I also don't believe in sugar-coating and it really did seem like you didn't read the links that Laiska and I gave. Rinima and Rakada have helped out a little more, so I hope you can get things together with their directions.

It's important to be organized, especially if you start making VNs. Between programming, recruiting artists, VAs, and writing your story, it's easy to get lost real fast.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

puellamagi123

#18 Post by puellamagi123 »

Simple summary of my game (currently without title!)

You are a girl who has always dreamed of getting married! You have a choice between three prestigious schools: Bara Gakuen (Tokyo), Sakura Highschool (Kyoto),
and Chizuru Academy (Nagoya). Each highschool has a different character set and plotline. Who do you like? What choices are you going to make? Will you choose your
childhood friend and popular idol, Kaname. Or how about Prince-like Hiroki? Maybe you like the cold and distant Kaito? Could you be a lesbian and like your BFF Yukari?
Could you end up with your cousin Reiji? Possibly you like the wealthy Seizo whom is extremly optimistic? Perhaps You'll fall in love with a teacher? It's all up to you? Who do you want to marry?

Bara Gakuen Character Set:
-Kaname
-Yukari
-Reiji
-Seizo
-Fan-Girls
-Headmistress Yukimori
-Miki-sensei
-Oba-san

Sakura Highschool Character Set:
-Yukari
-Reiji
-Headmaster Morimura
-Hiroki
-Kaito
-Saishonofuru-sensei
-Spoiled Rich Brats

Chizuru Academy Character Set:
-Kaito
-Headmistress Chizuru
-Yukari
-Tokimoto-sensei
-Kaname
-Kaito
-Seizo
-Hiroki
-Fan-girls (Kaname and Hiroki)

puellamagi123

#19 Post by puellamagi123 »

MaiMai wrote:I apologize for coming across as condescending. But I also don't believe in sugar-coating and it really did seem like you didn't read the links that Laiska and I gave. Rinima and Rakada have helped out a little more, so I hope you can get things together with their directions.

It's important to be organized, especially if you start making VNs. Between programming, recruiting artists, VAs, and writing your story, it's easy to get lost real fast.
okay. ARIGATO!! if you have any ideas on how to improve my game (or a name) please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm glad to have help, although when you can't hear a person, it's quite hard to tell if it's constructive criticism or just rude. also please give me some input on my idea! anyone can actually.

puellamagi123

#20 Post by puellamagi123 »

This is another Character profile. This time it's for Reiji! (Without picture)

Character profile: Reiji
Role: Love Interest, Player's Cousin
Personality: Familiar, Shy
Appearence: Dirty Blonde Hair (like yunoki from la corda d'oro), Grey Eyes, Fairly Tall, Male (should be obvious enough)
CG required emotions: Happy, Embarrassed, Talking, Sad, Surprised, Confused, Not sure, Angry, Serious, Annoyed, Laughing, Wink, Silly, Gentle
Voice Sound: Medium, Stutters alot
Audition Lines:
1. Player! Why can't you just look at me?
2. (laugh), (Sneeze), (cough), (Sniffle)
3. Um... Player-chan... I want some advice on how to get a girl...
4. Okay! Bye!

Voice Actors and CG artists needed for him!

rakada
Regular

#21 Post by rakada »

our summer memories

Tales of a summer day ( would work if the game was set in summer)

romantic tale of a boarding school

The tales of a high-schooler first love

youthful Dreams

The Girl and the Promises of youth

Tales of tomorrow Love

The Belief of Love

some random name i came up with at the time they not that good but could help you with thinking up a title for the game

puellamagi123

#22 Post by puellamagi123 »

rakada wrote:our summer memories

Tales of a summer day ( would work if the game was set in summer)

romantic tale of a boarding school

The tales of a high-schooler first love

youthful Dreams

The Girl and the Promises of youth

Tales of tomorrow Love

The Belief of Love

some random name i came up with at the time they not that good but could help you with thinking up a title for the game
Okie dokey! Thanks!

.usa
Regular
Projects: Forget [not] that flower (hiatus)
Tumblr: bijuudama
Deviantart: meiayasaki

#23 Post by .usa »

Gosh, could you, please, stop making double post one another one? The lack of organization is annoying me like you don't even know how. First of all, this thread first post, go on and organize it. Basically what you have to do so you don't get lost while it:

1. Maybe a little presentation of yourself, what you're doing and what you need.
2. A description of your project, as other users said, you do need a description, nobody's gonna work for a "ghost project", show us that you have something done, but please, don't make a post just for say something useless because, as you can see in the editor for posting "Is this worth the time of all those readers?".
3. Show some progress you've done, you can't just go and hire VAs and artists for something that hasn't even started to be made.
4. Again, say, exactly what do you need, for people who's mother tongue isn't english may be difficult for understand what you mean with "CG required emotions: Happy, Embarrassed, Talking, Sad, Surprised, Confused, Not sure, Angry, Serious, Annoyed, Laughing, Wink, Silly, Gentle". Seriously, I don't get what you want, if a sprite or a CG.

And I think that's all, but one more tip for you, even with this, maybe you should post a thread of your game on the work in progress section, because I truly believe this is where you introduce the characters and think about the name and such, while this section is only for recruitment and services offered.

That's all, does I sound rude? Yeah, I sound extremately rude, but that's my way of saying things when I have a bad day, and is surprisingly the clearest way I do it.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#24 Post by Mad Harlequin »

If you have a problem with a post or a thread and it's really, really annoying you, maybe you should report it to a moderator instead of worrying about it yourself . . .
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Ellesmera

#25 Post by Ellesmera »

I have one question that I do not think has been addressed previously

Is this game commercial or not? I assume not because
btw when I say free, I mean non-payed. Btw, you can also send ur ideas to me if u want. (For characters). I can still add them in.
However that only says that the work is unpaid

Also some another thing you could mention is how many words the script is going to be and how much has been written

As for some clarification...

A cg is a full screen image showing a still picture of what is happening

A sprite is a set of pictures of a person which represent their different emotions

Hope this helps