Needed - Typical Japanese High School short stories - Unpaid

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Needed - Typical Japanese High School short stories - Unpaid

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

Long story short, for the past 3 years, I've been trying to perfect a set of method that will facilitate the creation of Japanese High School Themed OELVN (Visual Novel)

This is Codename: Project Gakuen

So yes, Primary objective of Project Gakuen is all about taking a Japanese School Themed Story / Script and make an OELVN out of it... fast!

All we need is a story and let Uncle Mugen and the gang handle the rest of the manual labor for you... :)

I envision Project Gakuen to be a sort of collection of stories set in this Typical Japanese High School Locale set in the typical modern present timeline. All the stories are mostly confined inside the school called Applegate. Imagine a School where every student had a story to tell, some stories may intertwine with other stories from other authors or even better, some author may build another story on top of an existing story.

To give you an idea how it might look like... here's a mock up screenshot...

Of course, being a sort of Mass Produced VN, there will be certain limitations. One, the story had to be set inside and mostly limited to/inside the School. We will be using ComiPO to speed the production of sprites. Another thing to put into consideration is the characters you introduce in the story will open-game to other story writers who wish to use your character in their own stories to encourage intertwining stories and characters from various stories.

Here is the standardized regulation uniform of the school... yes, we will be limited by ComiPO's content regarding design...

Here is the limited amount of Hairstyle available right now... each and every single one of them can have a wide variety of Pigtails and Twintails (not pictured) for additional variety...

So what Uncle Mugen needs right now is any short story / the shorter the better to serve as a pilot episode of Project Gakuen - The Author will have the full naming rights on your story including the characters and some control over the destiny of the characters that will be introduced for the story but it will be included in a collective super story called Project Gakuen. Again, the characters introduced will be fair game for other authors to use as sub characters / supporting role for their own stories, in return, you too will be allowed to use their characters in your story either as side / supporting or even antagonist. The stories may be stand alone or built in parallel or built on top of an existing story.

There will be future additions to these stipulations but right now, we're focusing on finding the right proper story that would serve as a Pilot Episode. If you have any questions or additional inquiries, please do not hesitate to ask...

Uncle Mugen is eagerly awaiting for you :)

"POOF" (Disappears)

InTheMoment
Projects: Lucid9
Organization: Fallen Snow Studios

Re: Needed - Typical Japanese High School short stories - Un

#2 Post by InTheMoment »

This seems really interesting. Although, I have to ask, is there a certain theme you would want this project to have? Or is anything acceptable as long as the stories occur in the fictional school of Applegate?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3 Post by LVUER »

How long do you need and what is the age rating?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#4 Post by mugenjohncel »

LVUER wrote:How long do you need and what is the age rating?
Preferably short or very short involving maybe 2, 4 to 6 characters involved in the story and something around teens for age restriction.
This way, we can have a working pilot episode that will showcase the whole concept of Project Gakuen framework (which is a set of steps and methods that is geared towards facilitating Japanese School themed stories) while at the same time, use is as a test platform of sorts to iron out some kinks to streamline further the process for the next project(s)...

Right now, I've been eyeing RSP but it's too complex and too long to be a Pilot Episode...
InTheMoment wrote:This seems really interesting. Although, I have to ask, is there a certain theme you would want this project to have? Or is anything acceptable as long as the stories occur in the fictional school of Applegate?
The long term goal would be to have the framework flexible enough to accept all kinds and types of story while recycling as much asset as possible. Though for the first Pilot project or two, it would be nice to have the typical Generic Japanese High School Boy-x-Girl lovey-dovey or even comedy as the pilot episode... you know, as generic as possible so everyone familiar with OELVN's (or EVN's)... :)

"POOF" (Disappears)
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#5 Post by Asceai »

Preferably short or very short involving maybe 4 to 6 characters involved in the story and something around teens for age restriction.
What sort of word count? I'm probably not capable of writing a suitable launch story for this, but I'd be interested in writing something for this at some point.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#6 Post by mugenjohncel »

Asceai wrote:What sort of word count? I'm probably not capable of writing a suitable launch story for this, but I'd be interested in writing something for this at some point.
Even as small as 2K will do... Pilot episode will serve as a test bed and showcase so at this point, any story will do and will also serve as a starting point for other writers who wanted their stories to intersect / intertwine with the pilot episode... :)

Of course, stand alone stories are OK but as I have mentioned earlier, every character introduced to the Project Gakuen will be fair-game to other authors / writers.

Example: Your protagonist may serve as the antagonist in another story.

Example: One of your side characters is a potential love interest in another story

Example: Your character throws an empty can... and hits a secondary character from another story triggering a minor cross-over

Example: Two totally separate stories share same set of NPC's...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#7 Post by Coren »

This actually sounds pretty nifty! I'll see what I can whip up for it.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#8 Post by Greeny »

Are you aiming at any sort of narrative persistency or can each writer just do it in their POV of preference?
I'm starting to get a little interested.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#9 Post by mugenjohncel »

Greeny wrote: Are you aiming at any sort of narrative persistency or can each writer just do it in their POV of preference?
I'm starting to get a little interested.
Letting writers go with their POV and narrative preference is actually really a good idea and shouldn't be that difficult to incorporate into the framework.

I mean, imagine you have a story where you have a silent meek side character who doesn't really stand out and in another story, a different style of narrative will make people see this one character in a different light...

Though, we still need at least one or two generic run of the mill short Japanese High School story to start things...

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Greeny »

Already on it!

EDIT: Finished my attempt. I sent it via pm.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#11 Post by mugenjohncel »

Script received from Greeny and.... we now have a Pilot Episode script and Student 0001

SACHIKA NISHIGAKI... still no family name yet (my fault)... but a brief introduction about her... Her grades were average. Her personality was average. Her looks were average. In short, she was not the kind of girl who would ever be noticed by the boys.

Oh and... here's the School ID and the two of pilot episode characters (Design not final. Subject to change without prior notice... but since it kinda looks good... maybe final)

Time to get busy... :)

"POOF" (Disappears)
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Greeny »

Hm? I wrote her family name as Nishigaki though...
Fun fact: This family name is average.
Last edited by Greeny on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#13 Post by mugenjohncel »

Greeny wrote: Hm? I wrote her family name as Nishigaki though...
Ack! Things are moving really fast here that I failed to catch that... my bad :mrgreen:

Editing now... OK Edited :oops:

"POOF" (Disappears)

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#14 Post by Coren »

Ah, I see someone beat me to it. :D Would you still want another pilot story? Or should I wait for Greeny's to be "published" first?

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#15 Post by mugenjohncel »

Coren wrote:Ah, I see someone beat me to it. Would you still want another pilot story? Or should I wait for Greeny's to be "published" first?
The more, the merrier... having two OELVN's produced side by side is a good opportunity to stress test the whole framework.