Looking for someone with experience in Ren'py

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Driftwood, Ambassador of Sieubia
Organization: Wakagana

Looking for someone with experience in Ren'py

#1 Post by wakagana » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:32 am

Hey Hey. I'm Wakagana, lead Dev of the VN Driftwood

I'm not very savvy with Ren'py, so I know when we get all our art assets and actually start coding I'm not going to have a clue of what to do. Sooooo. I'm looking for someone that can help answer questions regarding code, and possibly even do some of it for the project on a regular basis.

As the job gets more complicated, I'm not against paying a little if you end up coding. But all I'm really looking for is someone to chat/troubleshoot with that has hands on experience and can help me out.

Thanks! PM me or add me on Skype and message me at Wakagana.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

Re: Looking for someone with experience in Ren'py

#2 Post by noeinan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:46 pm

What level of programming are you planning to include in your game? Will it be fairly standard, with branching storylines? Or a dating sim, with stats? Or a battle engine?

I'm available to answer questions regarding Ren'Py, but I am by no means an expert-- I wouldn't be able to help with more complex systems. But if it's fairly standardized stuff, such as what I've included in my Ren'Py quickstart (link in my signature) I'd be comfortable answering questions and helping out.