(PAUSED)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Evolution
Regular
Projects: ???

(PAUSED)

#1 Post by Evolution »

What I'm looking for is a team-up in which the two of us create a game together from start to finish. I haven't got a specific story in mind as of yet, so I am open to genre suggestions and pretty much any age rating. Additionally, the only genres I'm not interested in are slice-of-life and pure romance (or Romance/Drama). I'm fine with romance (and drama) in ADDITION to another genre (sci-fi, fantasy, horror, suspense, mystery, action, shonen, magical boy, etc. etc.), just not as the central focus. I'm also open to any time period (future, present, or past) and setting suggestions, though I would prefer something other than Japan. Ideally, either a U.S. setting (because it's what I'm most familiar with) or a made up location (within or outside of Earth).

I will be doing all of the writing and programming, so I will need all art assets (backgrounds, CGs, sprites, coloring, etc.). I would prefer one partner for this project, but I'm not adverse to having more than one to either ease the workload or if there's any particular asset type that my partner is not comfortable producing. For background music/sound effects, we'll most likely be using creative commons (though I'm certainly open to custom). I'm not 100% comfortable with graphic design or UI integration, but I'm sure we'll figure it out. I've dabbled in graphic design here an there, it's just not my forte.

Let's make something amazing!
Any other questions, feel free to ask~
Last edited by Evolution on Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Washu_Ira
Projects: D Shuffle
Organization: Fool's Choice
Deviantart: Washu-Dark-Ira

Re: Seeking Artist for Short to Medium BL

#2 Post by Washu_Ira »

I would like to give it a try but I'm not sure that my style would be sufficient for a BL game.

Evolution
Regular

#3 Post by Evolution »

I actually think your style would suit a BL game quite well, though I feel it warrants a suitably cute storyline. I don't suppose you had anything in particular in mind?

Washu_Ira

#4 Post by Washu_Ira »

Evolution wrote:I actually think your style would suit a BL game quite well, though I feel it warrants a suitably cute storyline. I don't suppose you had anything in particular in mind?
Really? Thanks. Well I've never entertained the idea of making a BL game before so honestly I have a blank of possible story lines. I would to make something either out of this time period or on another planet. A mystery or Magical boy (since a cute storyline is suitable). Actually a story the takes place in Virtual reality (like .hack or Half prince) would be quite interesting. Doesn't have to be fantasy of course.

any ideas appeal to you? If so I can come up with several plots to through at you.

Evolution
Regular

Re: (PAUSED)

#5 Post by Evolution »

I've been thinking about magical boy for quite a while, since it has basically no representation. Virtual reality sounds fun as well!

Washu_Ira

#6 Post by Washu_Ira »

Magical boy it is then since you are completely right about the lack or rep. How about the MC (and possibly others) gain there powers from the virtual reality program thats popular in the community? kind of cliché but I would like to try and combine these to concepts together.
So many different ways to set this up....

Evolution
Regular

#7 Post by Evolution »

I was considering combining the two concepts as well, though I agree that it seems a bit too...straightforward for them to just get the powers from a popular VR. I'm sure there's a lot that can be done with the two ideas, we just need to have a brainstorming session!

Washu_Ira

#8 Post by Washu_Ira »

Brainstorming session would be the best. Not 100% sure how do that one here though (besides PMs) My main issue with Plot ideas is are we going to make this more magical based or more tech based?

Evolution
Regular

#9 Post by Evolution »

Some combination of the two, perhaps? You can't really discard technology if their powers are somehow derived from VR, but there would also need to be some sort of explanation as to why they gained the powers in the first place. We shall figure all of this out in the storm!

Also, such intense plotting should be done via IM, surely. I shall PM you.