In Need Of A Writer For Our VN Project "Lucid9" (CLOSED)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
InTheMoment
Projects: Lucid9
Organization: Fallen Snow Studios

In Need Of A Writer For Our VN Project "Lucid9" (CLOSED)

#1 Post by InTheMoment » Sun May 04, 2014 5:25 pm

* Hello everyone! First, let me introduce myself. My name is David, and I'm one of the lead writers for the project "Lucid9".
What is Lucid9, you ask? Well, Lucid9 is a non-commercial Visual Novel that was started by the group "Fallen Snow Studios". Allow me to provide you with a synopsis of what Lucid9 is about.

Synopsis
Yama Ishimoto is enjoying his last year of high school with his longtime friend, Rui Haward, an energetic and somewhat serious young girl who sometimes finds it difficult to express her true feelings. Recently joined by the burly Masato Kurogane and the moronic Yahiko Ikari, this dynamic group of friends breeze through school, their life filled with hilarious antics and hijinks.

Contrasting their joyous lifestyle, an inexplicable series of murders in the city begins acquiring greater attention as the body count steadily rises. At first, Yama chooses to simply ignore these morbid incidents, but the unpredictability of fate, or rather an eccentric freelance detective, forces him at the forefront of the murder investigation.

What will Yama uncover . . . ?

Genre:
Our VN will have a common route centered around Comedy, Slice of Life, and gradually Mystery, while heroine routes will be heavily centered on Mystery, Drama and Romance.

Engine:
We are going to use an engine created in flash. Why didn't we use Ren'py? Well, several reasons, we have some features we want to include in our VN that is probably not possible on Ren'py, and also our programmer (and leader) is used to creating games in flash. The game will have a 1280*720 resolution.

How long will our VN be?
We don't have exact numbers in mind, but we're currently aiming for a 5 hour long common route, and between 20 and 30 hours for the whole VN.

* Behold! Here is a sample of Lucid9's art by one of our amazing artists, Dizzy!

This is Akira! One of the perky heroines!

* Now that I hopefully I managed to peak your interest, I have a request. Our team is in need of an other writer willing to volunteer for free. The plot for the story has already been established, and if you decide to write for us, expect to read over a lot of material. Currently, we are about half way finished with the common route. ^^

Don't misunderstand me, we are not in need of a writer that would be in charge of a heroine (Route Writer). I'm afraid that this "writer's" job isn't the type that would let you use all your creativity and ideas much. Basically, it would be a writer that would write the actual content of the plot we came up with, following an already established scenario. This writer would have to use the characters we've already created, respecting their personalities, and also the narrative style while writing the text. We would mostly use him/her for the common route.

* Some of the requirements to becoming a writer are:

~ Being a native English speaker. (Or just being very good at English)
~ Have a decent writing speed and tries to match our lead writer's writing style. (Too much differing writing styles can be a problem for the story.)
~ Being dedicated to the project. (No one likes an unmotivated worker.)
~ Having a lot of free time on their hands and work on a regular basis. (Or being very flexible concerning their schedule.)
~ Having constant communication through Skype chat.
~ Out project is a non-commercial visual novel, so you must be willing to volunteer for free.

Everyone at Fallen Snow Studios are all very passionate in creating Lucid9, and if you apply for a writing position on our team, we would like the same from you.

If you are interested, please feel free to send me a private message, or leave a post. I'll try to respond as soon as I can.

Thank you for reading our request. We all will be looking forward to getting the chance to work with you! And Have a nice day. ^_^

If you are still curious about our project and what we're all about, you can check out our blog. There, you can find constant updates and teasers for Lucid9: http://vnchan.wordpress.com/
Last edited by InTheMoment on Mon May 26, 2014 1:42 am, edited 6 times in total.

InTheMoment
Projects: Lucid9
Organization: Fallen Snow Studios

Re: In Need Of A Writer For Our Visual Novel Project "Lucid9

#2 Post by InTheMoment » Sat May 24, 2014 4:55 pm

We are in need of a writer for our project. ^^