Artists Needed for Backgrounds/Environments

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
ProjectTrinity
Regular
Completed: Al'asuiga'ta: Welcome Back
Projects: Women of Xal
Tumblr: projecttrinity
Deviantart: ProjectTrinity
Soundcloud: TeamProjectTrinity

Artists Needed for Backgrounds/Environments

#1 Post by ProjectTrinity » Mon May 05, 2014 2:36 am

Guardians Banner.jpg
Finally, break time.jpg
Hello! (Spoilers: It's for pay or trade)

[The Optional Introduction]

Everyone's favorite miser is- *dodges chair* back! Several, several, precious months ago, I made a thread asking for sprites. Well, several thousand dollars later, and viola, we have an army of art and a Facebook page I really ought to update. Point is, I have over 50 sprites for both this project another and no background art to speak of. I would very much like some background art for them. Because reasons. For the sake of artist convenience, the projects are called "Mesto Accelerando" - a rough translation for "Increasing/Accelerating Sadness" - where a political fantasy land slowly plummets into a chaotic, depressing world filled with war and death. (Aka, the one with the Elf) The other is called "Guardians" A while back, 30+ sprites were finished for me thanks to our wonderful friend Geckos, but for another project our team is working on called "Guardians." In short, it's 'Persona 4' meets 'This Crazy World' (See: That book no one read) Since our contract has ended and she is assumingly up to the nose with busywork, I need to commission someone for backgrounds as well. (Takes place in modern day towns and some fantasy places like, oh, land of dreams and endgames?)

[The Meat You Care About]

-Both projects will require backgrounds at 1920x1080
-You don't have to do both projects. Just doing one will suffice nicely as having two or more on board can save time.
-For Mesto Accelerando, I Will Need 50 backgrou- *Dodges shoe* 50 backgrounds! 4 Different Times of the day for each, and animation is optional.
-For Guardians, I will need 50 backgrounds, 4 different times of day for each, and animation is optional
-The budget is x. That means you tell me what the budget is. Note: I did state that I was a miser; silent obnoxious price comparisons will be had.
-If you want to trade your art for my music, you are free to negotiate.
-Yes you can lock me into a legal contract if need be. I don't need it to handle my part of the deal anyways.
-There are deadlines. I have a reputation of finishing every single project I announce, and I didn't get it from keeping around procrastinators. We can discuss how much you can do, but I will always expect honorable results at 14 day increments to make sure the ball is rolling. If you are doing the art trade, you can expect me to turn in just as much music to you at said intervals. NOTE: Because I had an experience, I'm going to play it safe and remind everyone that increment =\= do all 50 in 14 days. I like quality too.

[The FAQs & You]

"How do we know you'll actually finish all of this?"
Give or take me dying, do I sound like someone who puts up with failure? Including from myself? That, and my Youtube channel is ripe with completed projects that had entire (different!) staffs. It looks like a lot, and that's because it is. It helps when you have entire teams dedicated to finishing projects, and it will help here.

"You sound pushy if not....intense. ...Are you intense?"
Only if you break deadline and come up with excuses after. ^ _^v

"I know you said we could name the budget, but that's a lot of art! What if my quote is too high for you?"
There's always the music trade to numb the quote I have full faith that your price will match with the quality and professionalism your quote will suggest. If it's too high and I have a mighty need for your art, I will pay you every few months until said quote has been filled. And yes, you do get a downpayment!

"How much music can I request in return?"
If you're not getting paid actual money, then quite a bit! As long as you're not charging Indies the same rates professionals in the VN field would charge, my composing rates won't spike on you, and you could probably push out 30-50ish tracks with the optional choir, if your art deal is sweet enough! If you are charging professionally, then so will I. And if you need a lot of music, it may be...less than ideal in terms of workload.

"Any estimation on how long we have until we complete the whole thing?"
Add said estimation to your quote. Note that not finishing the art two months late is not within the 'estimated range' - so give yourself enough wiggle room, but don't give yourself so much I hire someone else to save time.

[DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION]

May 13th marks the last day I accept applications. If by chance there are none, well, I can't increase the budget anymore than "you choose" lol so I'll still close it. If anyone knows another place not Deviant-cause-drama-everywhere-art, feel free to post links! lol
Last edited by ProjectTrinity on Wed May 07, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ProjectTrinity
Regular
Completed: Al'asuiga'ta: Welcome Back
Projects: Women of Xal
Tumblr: projecttrinity
Deviantart: ProjectTrinity
Soundcloud: TeamProjectTrinity

UPDATE #1

#2 Post by ProjectTrinity » Tue May 06, 2014 7:48 am

-Deadline for application added (May 13th, 2014)
-Pictures for both VNs added
-The one with the pretty Black lady and the Elf is for "Mesto Accelerando"
-The one with the diverse group of pretty young people is for "Guardians"
-Both already have all 30+ of the sprites completed. Because slow and steady (and money/music) wins the race.