Spanish/English translator for Free/Hire

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
RavenBelmont
Regular

Spanish/English translator for Free/Hire

#1 Post by RavenBelmont »

Hi guys! As you might have guessed by reading the subject of this topic, I'm a translator! YAY!!!

I was born and raised in Argentina, so Spanish is my native language. I've been studying English since I was a young boy and it kinda became a part of my life and opened many doors for me. Now that I feel that I can use this skill to help others, I decided to post this topic to offer my services to anyone that needs them. I can translate anything from Spanish to English and vice-versa.

I don't expect to get paid if the number of translations are few/medium, since what I want to do is basically help others reach more audience with their projects but, if what needs to be translated is a very large story with LOTS of words, then I think I should also get something in return, right? (art, music, money, a statue of my likeness in your living room that you bow to each evening, etc.) We can work the details out if that's the case, but mostly I'll try to keep my offer as cheap as possible. :)

Anyways, I'm available if anyone feels that my skills might be just what they need to make their projects bigger/better/more complete. I can translate ANYTHING!! YES ANYTHING, EVEN YOUR HOMEWORK!!! Ok no... that's definitely a no... I won't do your homework. :lol:

Have a great day and let me know if you need my help!

saguaro
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Locked-In, Sunrise, The Censor
Organization: Lucky Special Games
itch: saguarofoo

Re: Spanish/English translator for Free/Hire

#2 Post by saguaro »

What do you consider a large project? What is your rate per word?

RavenBelmont
Regular

Re: Spanish/English translator for Free/Hire

#3 Post by RavenBelmont »

I'm very sorry for the delay (over a month... way to promote myself! hahaha) and I thank you for your insterest, Saguaro. I've been looking around and found that the rates for Spanish/English translations are between 0.11USD/word and 0.08USD/Word.

I, however, would be willing to do the job for 0.03 USD/word, considering that I'm not a professional translator with a title or degree (Though I know I'm at that level). I think that less of half the minimum is a good deal for everyone. You get a good translation for your game and I get some coin in return.

If the project has less than 3000 words, I would be willing to do it for free. Anything more than that might mean some extra effort and I think a little compensation would be fair.

Right now I'm about to start working for a very cool commercial project, but I'm still available for more, since it's moving kinda slow.

Let me know if you want my help with any kind of project! :)