Sprite/CG/background/logo artist & writer for hire

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

Sprite/CG/background/logo artist & writer for hire

#1 Post by Cafechan »

I've been meaning to open commissions again, but plain old commissions are boring, so I think working for other people's VNs would be really fun!!♥ Unfortunately, I'm a struggling to-be student who's unemployed, so I can't offer my services for free, but I'm trying to keep it low and reasonable 'cause I like you guys...!!!

Also, I hope it isn't too confusing for me to offer both art and writing services in the same thread. I've never really done commissions for writing, but I absolutely would not be against writing with a team!

For a whole gallery of my art: go here

Sprites — $20 per pose, +$1 per additional expression

ImageImage
These were a little simplified for ease of creation, since I have a lot of sprites to do for my own game, haha.

Not used as a sprite, but it's a good example of my full body stuff.
Screen shot 2014-05-22 at 9.36.45 PM.png
Also not technically sprites, but a better example of my less simplified drawing style.

CGs — $30-35 depending on complexity and whether or not there's a background

^(Wasn't used as a CG, but is more or less a good example of my more detailed, painterly stuff.)

Backgrounds — $35

Logos — $30

Logos aren't my specialty, but I try, haha.
I also did the logo/icon for Game Buffet!

Writing — $15/1000 words

I've been writing off and on ever since I was ten (haha). Mostly fan works, but I've been doing nothing but original work ever since I started working on The Duenkhy (unfortunately, most of that can't be shared at this time). The style I most prefer is third person, present tense, but I've done all perspectives and all tenses (except for future tense, because who on earth ever writes in future tense...) I specialize in romance, or any kind of character-driven stories, but I'm also a huge fan of suspense, fantasy, and sci-fi. I read and write a lot about robots, haha.

For examples of my writing...
-A very short Twine I put together hastily
-Original short story about a blind girl and her mute roommate attempting to play video games.
-Basically glorified Daft Punk fanfiction, but it's set in a completely original setting, so you don't need much context.

If you want something more specific, please feel free to ask me about it \o/
I deal with payments through Paypal. All commissions must be paid for in advance (I've never, ever flaked out on a commission before and I can hook you up with my past commissioners if you need a vote of confidence♥). Thanks for stopping by!!
Last edited by Cafechan on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

Re: Sprite/CG/background/logo artist & writer for hire

#2 Post by Broodelin »

Unfortunately, I'm poor as heck after buying my books for next semester and I used up the money I set aside for Sunny South Seoul. Otherwise, I'd hire you as a co-writer in a heartbeat.

So, basically, this was just a "bump" post. :oops:

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#3 Post by Cafechan »

Broodelin wrote:Unfortunately, I'm poor as heck after buying my books for next semester and I used up the money I set aside for Sunny South Seoul. Otherwise, I'd hire you as a co-writer in a heartbeat.
Completely understandable, don't worry about it! I wish I had the free time to offer you help for writing for free. If you ever need a proofreader, though, I'm all ears!! (thumbs up)

kitsubasa
Regular
Projects: Inverness Nights
Tumblr: kitsubasa

#4 Post by kitsubasa »

I commissioned Cafechan for a logo for my game, and I just wanted to post and say she did a great job. She was very communicative and happy to make changes to the design as we went along, and she kept me posted on each stage of the design process. I thoroughly recommend her!

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#5 Post by pickle131 »

Ah! I remember you from back when I used to draw a lot on YouTube haha. I loved your art before, but you've improved so much since then!! Unfortunately I don't have a project at the moment that I'm recruiting for, but I can help by bumping this again so it gets more views C:
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#6 Post by Morhighan »

OH man, I was hoping this thread existed, as I love your work. As soon as I have a project ready, IT IS ON. Until then, good luck, my friend!

HyperEmoGamer
Projects: Acidic: SoS

#7 Post by HyperEmoGamer »

Sent a PM!