GUI Artist Needed [paid] completed

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Dharker
Regular

GUI Artist Needed [paid] completed

#1 Post by Dharker »

Hi all,

I am in the market for a GUI artist to work on some gui assets for the game I am currently working on:
At the moment I am using a standardised template from Ren'Py because we have only just moved from a different game engine to Ren'Py. The original GUI we had doesn't have the complexity needed to be used in the new engine so we are looking for someone who can create something that will suit the entire game and help our game to look unique, clear and interesting.

We would need:
  • Main menu buttons
  • Text Box & Redesigned game buttons (skip, save etc)
  • New version of the options menu
  • Redesign of the basic music player
Etc. Essentially a complete overhaul of the standard User interface included in Ren'Py.

Extra Notes

For this commission we are happy to accept pure artists who can deliver all of the different assets we would need to re-build the entire user interface.

However if the artist also had experience with Ren'Py so that they could also provide example code showing how the new user interface is coded to make it work correctly within Ren'Py that would be very useful, we are quite new to Ren'Py and being able to include that would speed up our development time and we would happily pay a bonus for this kind of coding work.

Payment

We do not have a huge treasure chest of funds but can offer payment for the services as well as a bonus for coding examples provided, and would be happy for you to describe your rates when you reply, message us or email.

In addition if your work is good then we have two other games that we are in the early prototyping stage of - a fairly standard slice of life game we have been contracted to make and a much larger more elaborate sci fi visual novel space opera. We tend to like working with the same artists for our game projects to maintain continuity so if you were successful on this project we would likely continue to use you for the next game projects when this one is released.

Contact

please contact me either by replying, private message or by emailing me on my personal email address: tilley_adam 'at' hotmail.com (that is an underscore not a dash)
if you email me then please post a quick message below to say you have so i don't miss it if it falls into my junk mail.

Please include links to the previous work you have done either on a free basis or paid, and preferably examples of GUI work for Ren'Py would be a plus as well.

Thanks for taking the time.
Last edited by Dharker on Sun May 25, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dharker
Regular

Re: GUI Artist Needed [paid]

#2 Post by Dharker »

hi, I seem to be having some issues with private messages not being sent, if you are waiting for a response please email me at either tilley_adam@hotmail.com or lanpayment@googlemail.com both of these i check regularly and will reply much faster than via the instant messaging on these forums. Which will allow us to confirm details of the commission faster thanks.

Dharker
Regular

Re: GUI Artist Needed [paid]

#3 Post by Dharker »

Thanks to all submissions, we have now chosen a GUI artist for the game.