SA looking for active members

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Ageha
Regular
Tumblr: agehaatlas
Deviantart: Ageha1304

SA looking for active members

#1 Post by Ageha »

Sinister Action is a new group I have created in order to make visual novels. Main reason for creating this group is to learn how it is working in a team and to improve yourself at doing whatever it is you do best. Of course, I'm not able to pay any money for those who join, however I can provide guidance and help for those in need. We have considered idea of commercial release, but that will happen only if all members do their jobs properly. Here's a a bit of info on our first project:

Lux et Atra

At beginning nothing existed just chaos, light and dark. These elements coexisted well, until one day chaos clashed into dark and light. From this clash came a giant explosion and 5 worlds were born during the process. At beginning they all were the same, only thing that was different was the amount of dark, light and chaos in the worlds. However with time worlds and beings within them started to change. Those worlds which had more dark in them developed more violent races and they were often found at war. On the other hand worlds that had more light in them became peaceful and calm. Yet no matter how much light and dark each world had, people in them lived their life, had both happy and sad moments, because no matter what world it would be all people would have some sort of problems that need to be solved.
However inhabitants of these worlds never knew of any world other than their own. They never even imagined that somewhere could be another world where people like them were living. But it all would change. One day an unusual baby girl was born. Why unusual? Because she didn't live in any of these worlds. She was born from a little remaining spark that was left behind in big clash of elements. This spark kept shining for millions of years, until finally a life was born from it. Spark didn't have enough power to create another world, but it had enough energy to create a living being. However one cannot exist outside of the world, so girl had to be sent to one of planets. There she would have to live with other people and learn about them and their habits until powers sleeping within her awakened, sending her to the next world, where she would have to learn everything anew.
Unfortunately, because of this girl is unable to get close to anyone and doesn't know meaning of family and love. Will she ever be able to learn what it means to love and care for someone and more importantly be loved by someone.

I'm not going to describe characters for now, so those join have something interesting to read on. ;) Here is our current team:
Writers (1-2 free spots):
Me
Eyafarev
Sakura Hughes
Sayumi Hitsuzen

Artists (1-3 spots free):
NekoNutchi
Washu_Ira

Coders (1 free spot):
GlitterApple

Editors, proofreaders (1 free spot):
Reika
Musicians (2 free spots):

GFX artist (1 free spot):

Right now project has already started at full force, so soon I might post progress post. Those who are interested in joining add me on skype Ageha1304 or send me a PM. Remember no matter how new you are to all this, we'll accept you and try our best to teach you.
Last edited by Ageha on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

Re: Sinister Action recruiting new members

#2 Post by Lady-Cynic »

Your game sounds hella interesting and I wished I could be a part of it (sadly I don't have a computer at the moment), but once I do, I can help with writing, sprites, proofreading, and most importantly, backgrounds!
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

Ageha
Regular

#3 Post by Ageha »

Backgrounds! :D Once you're ready to join us send me message!

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#4 Post by Ferdokki »

Hi there!

Cool plot/story! 8)
I'm kind of interested to apply as a writer, but first, can you give a bit more information about the writers' job? Like, how much writing is expected, how is it split between the other writers, how will deadlines work, etc?

Ageha
Regular

#5 Post by Ageha »

Writer's job huh? Well, you can expect to write a whole route for a guy. And split is very simple, each writer takes a guy and writes his path. Of course, we're going to write outlines first and decide whenever they are good or not. As about deadlines, it's hard to say yet. One thing I can guarantee is that you won't have to work 24/7, I'll give you enough time to write.

If you want to know more, I suggest you just message me on Skype.

Sorakun
Regular
Completed: Techno Titans, Blood Metal Exorcism, Tom Cruiser, Mechadin, UPlay
IRC Nick: Sorakun

#6 Post by Sorakun »

Moar!!!!! we need MOAR!!!!! o.o

Please join us :D we have free cookies, but i ate them all so now we don't have them v.v

SilverSnow
Regular
Completed: Bus Stop, Before the Tale, White Book Complete Volume, See You, The Raven
Projects: Secrets...
Tumblr: stchematelier
itch: st-chem-atelier
Discord: SHatsuyuki#1452

#7 Post by SilverSnow »

I really love your plot! Right now I'm still working to finish my game but I wouldn't joining your team for future projects if you'll ever recruit more artist in the future :) I'm sure you'll make great VNs O(≧▽≦)O

One question though... are you going to limit your artist recruitment to 4?

Ageha
Regular

#8 Post by Ageha »

Most definitely not! The more artists we have the quicker we can get the job done! :)

Eya Farev

#9 Post by Eya Farev »

Ageha wrote:Remember no matter how new you are to all this, we'll accept you and try our best to teach you.
I'm really new. ^_^ And I'm really interested to learn. I can write and do some digital art. I have a very good mastery of the english language, so I could help in that area. I can also do some voice overs. Aaaaand I play the piano. <--totally irrelevant.

If there's still some space, I could tag along?

Ageha
Regular

#10 Post by Ageha »

I don't see why not. Add me on Skype and we'll see what kind of job we could give you. :)

Ageha
Regular

#11 Post by Ageha »

Bumping up this thread. Right now we're looking for a coder, 1 writer, additional background and CG artist.

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#12 Post by Sayumi101 »

Hello there.
I've read through your plot and it seems very interesting. It seems as tough you've put a fair amount of thought into it ^^
Now regarding the services I can offer, 'if' I am hired. I'd mainly like to be given a part of the writing. I'm still working on my sprite making skills but if push comes to shove I can help you there as well (My skill level though is only capable of producing products like this ---> http://sayumi101.deviantart.com/art/Arisa-459603954)
And as for writing examples, if you wish I could give you a sample via PM (?)
I look forward to hearing from you. ^^
ImageImageImage

Ageha
Regular

Re: SA looking for active members

#13 Post by Ageha »

Updated info in first post with all open spots on team. Mostly we're looking for a line artist, but of course other slots are open too. Also, if you intend to join that this will be quality project, so it will take a while to finish.

sailormarymoon
Deviantart: sailormarymoon

#14 Post by sailormarymoon »

Cool story!

I can help with proofreading and maybe editing

Ageha
Regular

#15 Post by Ageha »

Sure, just add me of Skype and I'll tell you what you'll have to do.

We're still looking for line artist, CG artist, musician, GUI artist and writers.