3-4 Writers wanted for free Otome Game!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
the-penbemightier
Projects: Bumblebee Bakery

3-4 Writers wanted for free Otome Game!

#1 Post by the-penbemightier »

Hello!
I've posted a loose plot idea over in the ideas section a few days ago, but now I've begun to work on the game actively.

Here's what I've got an estimate of for the amount of work needed.

About 15 chapters, and an epilogue for each boy.
Maybe 80 k per route in total? Nothing is set in stone of course, it could be much less, but I would like there for be a long playing time.
I'm working on the prologue currently (and all of the art) and it'll be around 10-20k.

It doesn't have to be the entire script necessarily, it could simply be scenes and ideas and I could tie them together.

There will be six guys, and I'll do one for sure, or maybe two or three. My tumblr friend will be helping me with one.

If you want to see how the MC thinks, I can send you what I've got of the prologue as of yet.

Here is the plot:

The story is about our dear MC will be opening her own bakery. She’s fought tooth and nail for years to become her best and learn as much as she can. Of course, she’s become a serious, no-nonsense person who doesn’t trust others. Because of this, she was willing to run this bakery by herself and with the help of her two childhood friends.

She had her eye on this spot for ages, and kept up on the news of it for all her years. She thought she had it in the bag as the last owner had just moved out three months ago.

There was one other group who wanted it. So she ends up asking her Grandfather for help (against her pride) who agreed to use his influence to help her. On a few conditions.

One major one being that, she would hire employees to help her.

And if she couldn’t find any in three days (from when he's told her), they would have to be of his choosing.

Easy enough, she had said.

She had to eat her words.

And thus, we come to our potential love interests! Her employees, and one with a hidden identity.

Jack - Typical Boy next door who she "trusts", only because she's known him since childhood.

Dylan - Our lovable, but very clumsy, shota who has a tendency to mess up...

Matthew - Who is he? And why is he so interested in the store... Could he possibly be related to the rival group who wanted the store and is causing her so much trouble?

Guy 4 - Her fellow apprentice from France! But what was he hiding from her, and why was he here?

Guy 5 - Ultra serious guy, who is usually reserved, making it difficult to interact with most people.

Guy 6 - Typical flirt, but there is something eating at him that makes him take decisions he isn't willing to take.

If you have any questions, let me know (didn't include the side characters)! I've left some parts vague because I don't want to spoil anything!
Also, if you want to see any art that is currently available, let me know or visit the tumblr for this.

The art style for the sprites, however, are not finalized yet, but the backgrounds are.

Hope I'm not leaving anything out, and thanks for reading!

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: 3-4 Writers wanted for free Otome Game!

#2 Post by Ferdokki »

Hi! =)
This sounds like a fun story! n__n And bakery games are usually really warm and sweet and fun to play. ♥
I'd really like to help out on this. =)

Before I "officially" volunteer though, what are your deadlines like? And how soon are you wanting this story done?
I'm taking summer classes (I failed chem >.< ), so I can't dedicate 100% of my time, but I can work depending on how your schedules/deadlines are.

the-penbemightier

#3 Post by the-penbemightier »

Ferdokki wrote:Hi! =)
This sounds like a fun story! n__n And bakery games are usually really warm and sweet and fun to play. ♥
I'd really like to help out on this. =)

Before I "officially" volunteer though, what are your deadlines like? And how soon are you wanting this story done?
I'm taking summer classes (I failed chem >.< ), so I can't dedicate 100% of my time, but I can work depending on how your schedules/deadlines are.
Thank you, I'm glad you like the concept :)
Deadlines? I would like to have everything written by the end of august (since I assume people get busy after that). But September would be fine too. I just would like to make a high quality story (and aesthetically pleasing game), so I don't want to rush anything. And I would look for composers, (if possible) and coders near the end of July, beginning of August. And of course, I'll be working on the art along the way.
I suppose, 26 k a month? Or however many words is fit for the story.

If it seems alright to you, let me know!
(Oh, and good luck on chem. I hate chem.)

Ferdokki
Veteran

#4 Post by Ferdokki »

Thanks for the response!
I'll check how my scheduling for my summer classes will be and will then let you know if I can help out. :)

the-penbemightier

#5 Post by the-penbemightier »

Thank you for you interest in helping out! And good luck!

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#6 Post by Sayumi101 »

Hey there,
I'll be honest, the moment I read this post I wanted to try my best and help but then I thought to myself, 'Damn, wouldn't it be fun to actually play this game without spoilers?' XD And then I was conflicted, the main reason being that I've only just finished a manga about running a pastry shop and I'm still recovering from the fluff. ^^
Anyways, enough with the rant and back to the point. I'd like to help you, if you'll have me. I'll PM you with something which I hope will be enough as a writing example and you can get back to me if you want to go through with hiring me.
^^
ImageImageImage

blendinglove

#7 Post by blendinglove »

Hey :) I stumbled upon your post and I would be interested in helping out too. I'm currently on summer break so I have quite a bit of time at the moment. I would like to ask for more details though, perhaps by email or pm? Thanks! :)

Ferdokki
Veteran

#8 Post by Ferdokki »

So...my schedule's still kinda rough, but if you end up not having enough writers sign up, I'll try to help you out. =) I really like your game idea, and I think it'd be cool to help this thing come to life. n__n

TheEveling

#9 Post by TheEveling »

I'd be happy to help with this, is you're still looking for writers. I visited your Tumblr, and the art seems to be coming along quite nicely as well. I may contact you in a bit with a sample or two.

sailormarymoon
Deviantart: sailormarymoon

#10 Post by sailormarymoon »

If you need a proofreader or voice actress, I can help out.

the-penbemightier

#11 Post by the-penbemightier »

sailormarymoon wrote:If you need a proofreader or voice actress, I can help out.
I would love a proofreader! I'll send you a pm. If I include any voice acting, it will be fire emblem style, but if I do, I'll let you know.

Um, on another note, how do I close this thread?

Clestae
Regular

#12 Post by Clestae »

You can't really officially "close" threads, but just editing the first post and adding [closed] to the end of your title seems to do the trick :)

(also can proofread, if you need me; obviously longer down the road lol)