Looking for a coder and someone to create a GUI! [UNPAID]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
chronicle-visuals
Regular

Looking for a coder and someone to create a GUI! [UNPAID]

#1 Post by chronicle-visuals »

PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

Sorry about the unpaid part. :|

This is a very minimalistic designed Kagerou Project fan game (which I'm sure 1 in 100 of you have heard of.) A very gloomy and apathetic teenager somehow becomes friends with another student, who is overly optimistic about everything and everyone. I've already done most of the writing (three out of five? chapters.) and have gotten an artist; now all that's left before finishing the writing is coding.

All that needs coding is the main menu, settings, and game screen (a la everything you see when you start the game. Text box, save/load/q save/q load.)

Here is how the game looks at the moment.
The sprite is a placeholder. It was ripped from the manga.

Game Resolution: 550x450
In the Style of: Narcissu
GUI assets or just coding: Both, but the GUI is very simple!
Narcissu is already very simple, why do you need a GUI coder?: Mainly for the main menu and settings page, but I'd also like a text box of some sort that doesn't stand out too much.
Color Palette: A darker version of this.
Main Menu Mock-up:
Settings Screen Mock-up: Black background, white text, take liberty with the font. (I'm really not sure how to explain this, but take the main menu mock up as inspiration)
Text Box mock up: A minimalistic design, nothing too fancy. Perhaps a ruled paper design with the texture at low opacity?
Last edited by chronicle-visuals on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Salutations,
Chronicle Visuals.

chronicle-visuals
Regular

Re: Looking for a coder! [UNPAID]

#2 Post by chronicle-visuals »

Still looking!
-- Salutations,
Chronicle Visuals.

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

#3 Post by Zetsubou »

You might have better luck looking for two separate people; one for the graphics to use on those screens and another to integrate said graphics.
Or am I misunderstanding your post? It sounds to me like you're looking for a coder who can also draw the GUI graphics.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

dezert99
Projects: An Attempt at Reform

#4 Post by dezert99 »

Hey i would love to help with the coding! Pm me with the details

chronicle-visuals
Regular

#5 Post by chronicle-visuals »

Zet: You're right, but I'd rather recruit both on one thread.
-- Salutations,
Chronicle Visuals.

chronicle-visuals
Regular

Re: Looking for a coder and someone to create a GUI! [UNPAID

#6 Post by chronicle-visuals »

I'm still looking (people sent me messages about this before, but seem to have just dropped interest now... :( ) And, since I have some chump change in my PayPal, maybe I'll be able to compensate. I don't know, though, as I'm not asking for much (...and to be honest, the main reason is because I'm so close to affording the Ace Attorney Trilogy!)
-- Salutations,
Chronicle Visuals.

Aurelius
Projects: Secrets of the Ark, Degrees of Freedom
Organization: Bleau Eye Entertainment

Re: Looking for a coder and someone to create a GUI! [UNPAID

#7 Post by Aurelius »

If you are still looking for a coder I can make a stab at integrating a GUI for you. We can correspond to make sure you are getting exactly what you want.