[Paid] Insindious Project Staff Recruitment - Re-Opened!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
PurpleSnow

[Paid] Insindious Project Staff Recruitment - Re-Opened!

#1 Post by PurpleSnow »

You're probably wondering what The Insindious Project is, huh? The thing is, I have an immense passion for games and gaming, I always have. Ever since the days Legend of Dragoon and Xenogears I've grown to learn that video games weren't merely digital board games, but way to break out of reality and experience the creativity and dedication creators put into their masterpieces; because every game is a masterpiece in its own way. The Insindious Project is an initiative of mine to create a fun, engaging and lovable game. Like most game projects, this one requires time and dedication, which I have no problem putting in. When creating a game, it shouldn't feel like a chore, right?. We should feel refreshed and accomplished upon completing each task needed to complete the project.

But let me not go on for too long. Insindious is the name of the game, which I'm anticipating on consisting of:
  • Plenty of colorful, lovable and respectable characters.
  • A deep storyline featuring characters with detailed backstories.
  • Deep, lush and vast areas for the player to explore.
  • Fun and deeply emotional majesty that can keep the player engaged every single moment.
  • A visual and musical experience with art and music from many artists.
  • Fast, strategic, flashy and engaging battles so grinding isn't a chore.
  • Fresh and bright user interfaces.
  • Balanced gameplay, playable characters and enemies.
  • An abundance of treasures and side content.
  • Robust dialogue and heavy emphasis on character development (I mean, if you're going to go on a journey, you're going to want to enjoy spending time with your team members, correct?).
What's Insindious All About?
Insindious is my first game project, as I've said above, and I see it as an amazing opportunity for voice actors, programmers, artists and musicians to take take part in a project that would portray their skills to the world. Insindious is going to be set at a low price because I believe that is the best way to present it to as wide an audience as possible. We have, and when I say 'we' I'm talking about me and the few other developers we have, laid out the main themes, story, characters, art style, and map, battle system and game mechanics. For those interested in knowing; Insindious is a turn-based RPG with a 2-dimensional art style that allows free movement. The Insindious team has gathered many open source resources and worked into putting them together to make Insindious what we'd like it to be.

We have the foundation ready, however if there is anyone or any people here that are interested in helping out then I'd be more than happy to consider you! While we do have the fundamentals, we're currently looking for people who are skilled at visual arts, programming (especially in the Ruby Coding Language) and musical arts. I believe that we can use our individual skills to polish Insindious into something we, and this time I mean as a community, can be proud of! Below is a story synopsis of the world within Insindious, to give you a slight feel for the atmosphere.

Music Samples
http://soundcloud.com/dreamwalker-studi ... iew-forest

Map Samples
ImageImage

HUD Designer (1)
We plan on utilizing a minimalistic, vibrant and easy to navigate system of interfaces to make the game easy on the eyes and easy to maneuver. A game such as an RPG can be very heavy on the menus, which is why we want to ensure players are pleased with the layouts. The game focuses around several themes and features many symbols, insignias and representative colours. We appreciate those who have an eye for style, symbolism and space management.

Landscape Artist (1)
Scenery and atmosphere are what give an RPG its nostalgic appeal. Surrounding the player in lush environments and presenting story situations and moments with colorful and detailed backgrounds gives the story and the world its own character. You may also be tasked with collaborating with our character artist when making layouts and promotional art; with those two powers combined we can deliver breathtaking impressions.

What we're looking for:
http://jogazera.com.br/wp-content/uploa ... l-town.jpg
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... oft6yx.jpg
http://www.art-spire.com/wp-content/gal ... ney_06.JPG

Map Creators (2)
You'll be tasks with uniquely designing and constructing vast, detailed, lush and vibrant maps. You'll be provided with all the tilesets necessary to create your maps, but you're free to edit and modify them to your liking. We'll be using a parallax method of mapping, meaning you'll be designing the base of your map in the engine, but heavily modifying it using a photo manipulation program to finely tune and enhance your map using multiple layers and absolute placement control.

You'll also be required to create a battleback (the area in which the 2 dimensional battle takes place) for your map (if applicable). Preferably we'll be using dynamic battlebacks which involve one still layer (the ground) and one or more moving layers (water/sky).

To see samples of what we have so far, check the Information section and look under 'Map Samples'

Tools Required:
ImageImage

What 'style' we're looking for:
Maps:
ImageImageImageImage

Battlebacks:
ImageImage

Map Tuner/Texture Artist (1)
You'll be required to enhance and perfect existing maps. This includes fixing placement issues, properly adjusting object allignment, blending ground textures to give a rich and realistic feel, adding decorations to maps as deemed necessary and recolouring/modifying structures of objects to properly suit the atmosphere of the map region.

For samples of some maps that have been tuned well, please check above.

Tileset Creator (1)
If you have a steady hand and the ability to craft lovely custom tiles in which we could use in our mapping, this position is definitely for you. The key to making beautiful maps is not only making properly using tiles, but using tiles that are original and well crafted. This will give out maps their own sense of character and charm.

What 'style' we're looking for:
ImageImageImage

Battle Programmer (1)
We plan on designing an intricate battle system far beyond the standards of the engine's default features. This requires many scripted battle features working alongside each other in order to construct a robust, fast, fun and strategic battle system. This also includes the HUDs, management of sprite animations and custom skill animations/events.

Field System Programmer (1)
This position entails the code construction of the game's many field features and how they link/flow with one another. Systems such as weather, time, enemy proximity detection, blacksmithing and many of the HUDs (shops, main menu, dialogue selection, message boxes,etc.). You'll also be working alongside with the Battle Programmer in many ways when making linkages to field systems and the battle system.

Note: Knowledge of the Ruby coding language is required, preferably RGSS3.

Applying for Positions

If you're interested in any of the positions listed above (or if you believe you're capable of tackling more than one) then send us an email at dwsapplications@outlook.com
in the following format stating:
  • Your full name and brief description of yourself
  • The position(s) you'd like to apply for
  • Samples of work you've done before, relevant to the position(s) you're applying for
  • Your interest in the project and why we should choose you as a member of our team

Thank you!
Thank you all for reading! We look forward to your applications and I hope we can all work together to make Insindious a truly great game!

For development progress updates, check out our thread here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php ... n-society/

If you like the project and feel like supporting or following us socially. Check out the links below!
Last edited by PurpleSnow on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 16 times in total.

clea
Regular
Completed: Pixle, Sword of August, Outsmart, Eternal Grace, Wonderland Cosa Nostra, Koutack, Late Lino
Projects: Anuchard
Organization: stellarNull
Soundcloud: clealeshlick

Re: Insindious Project Recruit - (Artists/Composers/Programm

#2 Post by clea »

Hi there! I like your project. I feel that you have both the ambition and the skill to pull it off. I'd like to apply as your Music/SFX artist, or Audio Director if needed.

Here's the link to my portfolio http://www.reverbnation.com/stellarNull

If you like it, we can start discussing the details.

Thank you!
clea leshlick

Ryuno
Regular
Completed: tuesday
Soundcloud: ryunocore

#3 Post by Ryuno »

The project sounds very, very interesting.

Here is my music portfolio thread, it has samples of my work along with contact/relevant information.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24653

Best regards!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#4 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Is payment negotiable for all positions?

PurpleSnow

#5 Post by PurpleSnow »

Sakura Hughes wrote:Is payment negotiable for all positions?
Ah, I should've mentioned before! My mistake! Payment for artists, composers and programmers is negotiable. All members of the team are rewarded with a free copy of the game and if things go really well we'll have even more rewards for voice actors!

PurpleSnow

#6 Post by PurpleSnow »

We're stilling looking around! Anyone interested send me a PM or an email :)

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#7 Post by Rinima »

I'm interested in quality assurance, want me to send you a pm?
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#8 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I'm not interested in applying for any position, but I wanted to ask . . . is the project meant to be called Insidious?
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#9 Post by Morhighan »

Greetings. I am interested in this project. As it so turns out, I can/am interested in doing the following:
-Voice Acting
-HUD Design
-Pixel Art
-Music

Right now I'm leaning more towards Voice Acting and Pixel Art.
At any rate, I'll send a PM.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#10 Post by Asceai »

Mad Harlequin wrote:I'm not interested in applying for any position, but I wanted to ask . . . is the project meant to be called Insidious?
I assume not:
However, to the people of that universe, their light isn't a mere sphere of hot gas, but the warmth of the Goddess, Insindia.

PurpleSnow

Re: [Paid] Insindious Project Staff Recruitment

#11 Post by PurpleSnow »

Thread Updated! New positions added, composer positions have been filled!

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#12 Post by truefaiterman »

I just sent you an email, thanks for the interest.
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

lackofwords

#13 Post by lackofwords »

You're looking to code the game in RGSS? Does that mean you're using one of the versions of RPG Maker instead of using RenPy?

Daarkess
Regular
Completed: University Projects (Political Vikings; Hexa Wars; ImaginAlien; Cubo)
Projects: Stained with Magic; Magnicity
Organization: Hikage Studios

#14 Post by Daarkess »

I have PM the page for my interest in HUD design and level design.
Stained with Magic - Chasing Shadows - - A magic/sci-fi fusion epic split across multiple chapters.

Sayuui
Regular
Completed: Refraction, I want to fly
Projects: Seraphim
IRC Nick: Sayuui

#15 Post by Sayuui »

I'm interested, I sent you an e-mail with a portfolio for graphic artist. <3
Freelance anime artist. Find me on
Recruitment thread
Twitter
Art portfolio