Page 1 of 1

[Closed] Recruiting Background Artist for 1920s style VN

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:39 pm
by peapodprincess
Edit: This position is now closed. Thank you to everyone who showed interest in this project. We had some wonderful applicants, but we've found the one who fit just right - the lovely nobutsuna.

Hello, everyone.

I'm currently recruiting a background artist for the upcoming project, Wandering Girl. Here's a little summary of the game as it currently stands:
Set in the United States during the 1920s, Wandering Girl begins with a man who is approached by a little girl in a seedy bar, a girl who knows all too much about his life and holds a disturbing amount of influence over him. The man is brought to her apartment, where he learns that she's not quite as young as she looks and will fulfill his wildest dreams for just the simplest thing - ending her life.


The style of this game is mostly reliant on the design/artistic movements of the 1920s, so experience with or willingness to emulate that aesthetic is a must.

Here's a sketch of the main character (just about the only one that's on screen for the majority of the game) by Chibisaso, this project's sprite artist, so you can get a feel for her style as well.

As of right now, this project needs five backgrounds, all but one of which are at night:

- The inside of a bar
- An urban alleyway
- The outside of an apartment
- The inside of an apartment
- A city skyline at dawn

This is a short, non-commercial project, and I am available to discuss prices via email or private message.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please reply to this thread or contact me in private.

Thank you for your interest,

Pea

Re: [Paid] Recruiting Background Artist for 1920s style VN

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:57 pm
by Lady-Cynic
Hey, I'd be willing to draw your backgrounds, especially since it's only five of them. Do you want them to be in a painted style or do you want it to have lineart?

Re: [Paid] Recruiting Background Artist for 1920s style VN

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:04 pm
by peapodprincess
Lady-Cynic wrote:Hey, I'd be willing to draw your backgrounds, especially since it's only five of them. Do you want them to be in a painted style or do you want it to have lineart?
Thank you for your interest.

If you are able, could you please provide me with examples you've done of both? I'm not an artist myself, so I'd like to see the difference before making a decision.

Re: [Paid] Recruiting Background Artist for 1920s style VN

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:10 pm
by Lady-Cynic
peapodprincess wrote:Thank you for your interest.

If you are able, could you please provide me with examples you've done of both? I'm not an artist myself, so I'd like to see the difference before making a decision.
Of course.

Here's a few recent examples my lineart style:
animu academy.png
bg hut.png
And here's a few examples of my painting style:
screen.png
bg 2.png
Please note that this is a WIP and is here to showcase my ability to draw interiors.
Here's also an old piece of art that showcases some 1920's bar scene:
asdfghjk.png

Re: [Paid] Recruiting Background Artist for 1920s style VN

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:08 pm
by peapodprincess
Thank you for the examples of your work. I especially like the old piece at the bottom.

The recruitment is still open, so I'll make a final decision once other applicants have their chance to toss their hat into the ring.

Re: [Paid] Recruiting Background Artist for 1920s style VN

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:12 pm
by Lady-Cynic
peapodprincess wrote:Thank you for the examples of your work. I especially like the old piece at the bottom.

The recruitment is still open, so I'll make a final decision once other applicants have their chance to toss their hat into the ring.
No problem. Tell me who got the position even if it isn't me. I'd pretty curious. :3